Profile for JulesF > Reviews

Content by JulesF

JulesF (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Anti-Scratch Screen Protector 3-Pack  [will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7 (2nd Generation)]
Anti-Scratch Screen Protector 3-Pack [will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7 (2nd Generation)]

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle HD Screencovers, 25 Jun. 2014
The Screen cover is good fit and generally fine, but it has affected the sensitivity and responsiveness of the touch screen now which does not work so well now with the screen protector on. Although it's still OK and usable.

Mass Readings 2014
Mass Readings 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect simple book of daily mass readings and saints, 25 Jun. 2014
This is a great book giving the mass readings for every day and the psalms and nice to know a bit about the saint for each day also.
I recommend.

Shop4 Hot Pink Leather Pouch Cover Case with Pull-Tab for Nokia 808 PureView Mobile Phone

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 25 Jun. 2014
The case is good quality leather. The only thing for me is that it is not so secure, the phone (Nokia 808 Pureview) does slip out easily if not held up right. However if you're using a Stylus, if fits nicely in then everything is secure.

Catholicism For Dummies
Catholicism For Dummies

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read as a Catholic who wanted a bit more background, 10 May 2013
I am a catholic who regularly goes to church. So at church we hear the readings and gospel but I was interested to find out more about the background and what as Catholics that we're supposed to believe that don't come up in a Mass. I'm currently only 18% into the book but so far it has been interesting;. Facts such as the difference between disciples and apostles, how the 4 gospels are written differently and why and the topics such as purgatory, the angels etc. I found to be very interesting. I still have 82% of the book to go and so no doubt many more interesting facts that I'll learn that are helping me better understand the background of the faith and really sparking my interest to learn more.

My only criticism that initially frustrated me was the regularity of the book saying 'see more in chapter this or that etc.' making you feel the need to flick back and forth etc. But I'm used to this now and I don't flick to relevant sections. I'll just wait until I get there. There is no need for flicking, the book flows fine read straight through but I suppose the mention of further detail in the chapters enables you to go on focus on specific areas if you wished.

Jenny Lopez Has a Bad Week
Jenny Lopez Has a Bad Week

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable easy read., 7 Jan. 2013
This as with all of Lindsey Kelk's books is enjoyable as ever. It's funny and romantic and an easy read. A nice short addition to the I heart range.

Islands Gallery 2013 (Page a Day Gallery Calendar)
Islands Gallery 2013 (Page a Day Gallery Calendar)
by Workman
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars My daily dreamy moment in the office, 7 Jan. 2013
I love these calendars, I buy a new one each year. I enjoy learning about each new destination each day and dreaming that I'm there just for a moment. Pictures are a pleasure to look at throughout the date and date being big and bold is handy for a quick glance.
It was delivered quickly and without problem.

Home to Big Stone Gap
Home to Big Stone Gap
by Adriana Trigiani
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect enjoyable book to curl up with., 7 Jan. 2013
I love Adriana Trigiani's Big Stone gap range and this is no exception. It's a lovely continuation and conclusion to the life of Ave Maria. Having four books in the series prolongs the enjoyment so I highly recommend starting at book one - Big Stone Gap.
It's a lovely story, great escapism, definitely a good bed time read or curl up with a cuppa type book.

Born To Die - The Paradise Edition [Explicit]
Born To Die - The Paradise Edition [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 7 Jan. 2013
This is one of those rare albums on which I like all of the songs. It's great to chill out to. I would recommend it,

Storage Head Large Boy
Storage Head Large Boy

5.0 out of 5 stars Larger than expected but good for storage, 7 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Storage Head Large Boy (Misc.)
I bought this for my husband to relive his childhood a bit. He loves it.
It would be great for little ones to store lego or for big ones to store anything else they fancy.
It is quite spacious and large and looks to be stackable if you have more than one lego head.

Milk Glass Moon (Big Stone Gap Saga 3)
Milk Glass Moon (Big Stone Gap Saga 3)
by Adriana Trigiani

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Milk Glass Moon (Big Stone gap part 3), 20 July 2012
This is another lovely book by Adriana Trigiani that allows us to escape from the daily grind to a small town in America where people still talk, have family dinners and enjoy the important things in life. The book is a great escapsim from the modern world of internet and mobile phones that often prohibit communication and social interaction in the world today. We live this through the life of Ave Maria as she moves through important stages and events in her life.

The book is the 3rd book in the Big Stone Gap series and although you do not need to have read the previous two books to begin this one, it is more enjoyable to have read the others first (Big Stone Gap and Big Cherry Holler) as you can feel more immersed in the book through having an understanding of Ave Maria's life so far.
This is a lovely book and I look forward to reading the fourth book in the series - Return to Big Stone Gap.

Page: 1 | 2