Profile for Mrs. V. E. Cleaton > Reviews

Content by Mrs. V. E. Cleaton

Mrs. V. E. Cleaton "Kiaora" (Shropshire, UK)

Adjustable Book Rest/Bed Tray
Adjustable Book Rest/Bed Tray
Offered by Kandu Furniture

4.0 out of 5 stars great little table, 11 Feb 2010
This review is from: Adjustable Book Rest/Bed Tray
I got this table for my son to use his netbook on, but I have been nicking it (and the netbook) while he's at school and using it for Open University coursework. It's a sturdy table, lots of space. Only downsides are the rim around the edge digs into your wrist if you are using a mouse, and the notched thing used to put it at an angle could be dangerous for smaller hands (so not suitable for a child really). (This is why I give it 4 not 5 stars). In short, if you are looking for a bed table you can actually DO things on, this is great, and doesn't look like a granny breakfast tray!

Dead Cities
Dead Cities

5.0 out of 5 stars tribal industrial? dark ambient? whatever. it makes my ears happy, 22 Dec 2009
This review is from: Dead Cities (MP3 Download)
I adore this album. I have played it SO much over the last year or so I should hate it by now, but no!

What the F**k Is Wrong With You People
What the F**k Is Wrong With You People
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Their best to date, 17 Mar 2007
Utterly brilliant, it's a electro-industrial (or TBM) masterpiece and going to be a must have for the collection of any industrial fan.

One warning - if you have never heard any Combichrist before you might need to know that the parental advisory is seriously merited for violent content . Don't buy this for your granny.. or your 12 year old ><

Favourites: Pingu - A Barrel of Fun!
Favourites: Pingu - A Barrel of Fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Autistic Miracle, 13 Oct 2005
The was an impulse buy for me as my autistic 6 year old had recently shown an interest in computers. He played it all over the summer holidays, and taught himself basic spelling, maths, colours, keyboard and mouse skills. He worked out how to change the skill levels himself, and to everyone's amazement managed things like the word spelling on the hardest difficulty. This is a boy who had rarely responded even to his name. He has since started using verbal language to request items and will now listen to and understand simple verbal requests, all since getting this game (and it being his primary focus of interest.. in a way only the really autistic can manage!). Basicly this game has taught my son the basics of communication where 3 years of specialised schooling and intensive home intervention pretty much failed. GG Pingu!

What Do People Do All Day?
What Do People Do All Day?
by Richard Scarry

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever!, 4 Jun 2004
My favourite book as a child! And now a favourite of my 5 year old son, who has severe autism. I suspected he might find that picture of the internal working of a ship as fascinating as I did, and indeed he does. I remember spending HOURS staring at it at the age of about 3.

Sink Reflections
Sink Reflections
by Marla Cilley

5.0 out of 5 stars Flylady is a life-saver, 28 Jan 2004
This review is from: Sink Reflections (Paperback)
I first read about flylay at EQWomen, and I can honestly say it's changed my life. You can read up about it at flylady.net and sign up for email reminders to get you started .. not that you have to. The key is those routines, and I am getting there! ... in baby steps, ofcourse.. I used to have a pile of ironing so high I kept expecting mountaineers to knock on the door asking to scale the north face.. now its gone, and the airing cupboard is empty too. My sink would shine if it wasn't made of some kind of horrid plastic stuff.. but it's clean lol.

EverQuest - Deluxe Edition (PC)
EverQuest - Deluxe Edition (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game I have ever played, but seriously addictive, 12 April 2001
I spent nearly 2 years playing Everquest, in that time no other game could drag me away for more than a week at a time, and still nothing comes close to the experience offered by EQ. Not for you if social interaction is not your bag, but if it is you will love it. The main drawback is the time investment needed to get your characters to high level; this coupled with the addictive nature of the game and you have the potential to ruin your relationships at home!
If you can manage your leisure time and don't have an addictive personality, try it.