Profile for Leegrids > Reviews

Manchester United Season Review 2010/11 [DVD]
Manchester United Season Review 2010/11 [DVD]
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars Deeply disappointed, 6 July 2011
I can only echo the views of the majority of the reviews before me. This is a complete joke. I was beyond excited to re-live this historic season, but now I feel completely let down by the appalling production on this DVD. I was so angry that I had to write only my second review in 9 years of using Amazon.

I watch MUTV regularly, and don't mind their biased commentary as an alternative view on a match. I don't think it has any place on the official end of season DVD however. Fans watch the majority of matches on Sky, through it's various channels, and should be able to re-live those moments as they actually happened to get the maximum enjoyment. And don't get me started on the ridiculous camera angles they used to show the goals! Half of the time you don't even see the ball hit the back of the net for god's sake!! One of my pet peeves whilst watching football is when they show corners and free kicks in European games from silly angles, so imagine the words coming out of my mouth when I saw the stupid angles they used for the goals on this piece of garbage! It sometimes leaves you feeling dazed and confused as to what you just saw. Is that really what you want from an end of season review DVD? You want to savour the moments, not sit there and scratch your head! They also seem to speed through the goals completely, often missing entire passages of quality build up play. It really is an awful editing job, and seems entirely rushed in my opinion.

This needs an immediate re-make, and a refund for the thousands of fans who are no doubt up in arms over the production on this DVD. It does a terrible injustice to what was a golden season in terms of achievement, if not the football we played at times! (although I for one didn't think we were as bad as people made out!!)

RANT OVER.... until this is re-made that is!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2011 11:58 AM BST

In Your Honour
In Your Honour
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Why do people moan about having too many songs??, 30 Jun. 2005
This review is from: In Your Honour (Audio CD)
I had to write this review as I can't believe some of the things I've been reading on here about this excellent album. A lot of people are saying this should have been a12 or 15 track single CD album. It completely astounds me that people want LESS material on an album! After all how many single CD albums do you know of where every track is the best thing you've ever heard in your life? Even the best of albums can have it tracks you might just skip past when you don't have the time. For the regular price of around £8.99 we get two very high quality offerings from Dave Grohl and the boys. I have everything that Foo Fighters have ever released and I personally think this is right up there with the best of them. It also gives Dave the chance to show off the truly great voice he has when he's not doing the trademark Foos 'snarly' tracks!
CD1 goes along at a blistering pace, with standouts for me being Best Of You, DOA, Hell, Deepest Blues Are Black, End Over End and the best of the lot No Way Back. I have already seen them perform these tracks live, along with other classics such as Everlong and Monkey Wrench and they stand up perfectly alongside them.
As everyone knows by now, CD2 takes a more sedate path. It's perfect music for the heatwave we're promised shortly. Highlights include Virginia Moon (featuring Norah Jones), Cold Day In The Sun (sung by drummer Taylor Hawkins) and the hauntingly beautiful Razor (featuring the guitar god that is Josh Homme). It's a great contrast to the usual Foos offerings and I think they pull it off brilliantly.
I hope the band don't read some of the reviews this album has got (not just from Amazon customers I hasten to add.. even NME accused them of over-stretching!), as I fear they might never try something like this again, and in my opinion that would be a crying shame. I like to see bands taking chance like this, instead of producing the same stuff over and over again.
Overall this is two high quality albums for the price of one, and if you're having any doubts about buying it I urge you to put them aside. Don't miss out on this one

Lullabies To Paralyze
Lullabies To Paralyze
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Josh is God!!, 20 Mar. 2005
This review is from: Lullabies To Paralyze (Audio CD)
I listened to this album pre-release on NME.com and I have to say I was completely blown away! It's the kind of album that you listen to a few times and your favourite track changes with every single listen.
Having bought and loved the 3 previous Queens Of The Stone Age albums, I had very high hopes for the latest offering, and I have to say it doesn't disappoint on any level. I don't usually write reviews, but the poor reviews on here inspired me to. They have absolutely no bearing on the album at all! I don't know if the idiots in question actually even bothered to listen to this record.
I don't usually rate many albums first listen as I'm the kind of person that likes a grower. However this gripped me immediately. The opening track Lullaby eases you in, with the very special vocals of former Screaming Trees frontman Mark Lanegan. It gets you thinking Josh has mellowed since Songs For the Deaf. Then Medication kicks in and you realise that the Queens are back on form and have lost none of their talent for catchy riffs. In fact the first 9 songs on this album are as near perfection as Josh Homme has ever achieved, and leaves you wondering how they can possibly improve on this the next time around?
I won't review each track on the album, as each stands up completely on it's own merits. Josh has clearly been influenced by the brilliant Desert Sessions CD's, and that can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned. However I will pay a special mention to a few stand out tracks. For me the pick of this offering are Tangled Up In Plaid, Burn The Witch, In My Head (taken from Desert Sessions 9 & 10), Someones In The Wolf, Broken Box and You Got A Killer Scene (featuring Shirley Manson & Brody Dalle).
To be honest I feel bad singling any of these tracks out from each other. I promise you if you like anything that Josh has offered in the past you will seriously fall in love with this. If Lullabies is a grower then I can't imagine how much I will love it in a few weeks time, because I fell in love with it completely from the very first listen.
Buy it. I promise you won't be disappointed. Highly recommended!!!!

Pro Evolution Soccer 2
Pro Evolution Soccer 2
Offered by CDandVinyl

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget Fifa... this is real football!, 9 July 2003
Pro Evolution Soccer 2 is simply the best and most playable game on the PS2 by far in my opinion. I am staggered by the customers who slate this game because the player names are not real! Surely the most important thing with any game is how it plays! If you find it that annoying then just buy the cheat disc for God's sake!
And as for the bloke who says Fifa is the best... well that statement is a joke! He obviously goes for a game that looks pretty over a game where you actually control your shots, headers or crosses! Every Fifa game ever released has failed to address the poor playability issue. Right from the start Iss games have simply oozed playability, and that is definitely the most important thing in a game.
Don't get me wrong, Fifa has far superior commentary and a complete player database, but Pro Evolution 2 scores top marks where it really counts. You can pull off simple or complicated moves with just the touch of a button, and unlike the Fifa series, you dont have to read the instruction manual for a day first to learn how to shoot or pass the ball!
In short if you love football as much as I do then buy the best.... don't even consider any Fifa football game. Buy Pro Evolution 2 or even wait for the 3rd game... out in October! It's already on my shopping list!

Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (Xbox)
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (Xbox)

5.0 out of 5 stars Indy's back!!, 22 May 2003
Being a big fan of The Collective's previous Xbox title Buffy The Vampire Slayer, I was very pleased to hear they were tackling another world saving hero for their latest game. Indiana Jones & The Emperor's Tomb is the title, and as far as I'm concerned the game doesn't disappoint!
Using basically the same engine as for Buffy, the combat scenes are very well played out and mixed with a very challenging array of puzzles and whip swinging action! The game comprises of 10 massive levels and should keep you busy for quite some time. One of the best features is the way you can use a whole variety of background objects as weapons during a fight, such as table legs, chairs, liquor bottles etc. You can also use your trusty whip, various guns and knives and even acid bottle on one boss fight! It certainly adds some variety to the combat scenes.
The Indy character is really well drawn and, although not voiced by Harrison Ford himself, still sounds a lot like our hero. The music is instantly recognisable to Indy fans too, adding even more to the movie atmosphere!
Overall I would highly recommend this game. I'm hoping Indy will become the huge franchise that Tomb Raider is on the Playstation. A sequel please!!

Vehicles & Animals
Vehicles & Animals
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Summer's here!!, 8 April 2003
This review is from: Vehicles & Animals (Audio CD)
Finally Athlete's debut album has arrived. I first heard them on pioneering radio station XFM and was instantly hooked by the upbeat tunes and soothing vocals of the tracks they played. I predict big things for them this year...
Current single El Salvador is a very bouncy, upbeat tune, while Beautiful is exactly as the title describes... a beautiful song and perfect for the lazy summer days to come. The whole CD just flows along and you won't believe how fast 45 minutes can go!
Can't wait to listen to this album lying on a beach in some far away hot country! Buy this now!!