Profile for R. Jones > Reviews

Content by R. Jones

R. Jones "aerialboy" (UK)

Frozen [2013] (Limited Edition Artwork Sleeve) [DVD]
Frozen [2013] (Limited Edition Artwork Sleeve) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Buck
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars so our little girl was very pleased! Nice prompt delivery too, 12 May 2016
As new was actually still in its wrapper, so our little girl was very pleased! Nice prompt delivery too.

Aphrodite Les Folies - Live in London [2CD+DVD]
Aphrodite Les Folies - Live in London [2CD+DVD]
Offered by Great Price Media EU

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Kylie Concert, Ever!, 14 Dec. 2013
This was the worst concert ever. It was staged purely for those in the expensive enclosure, so at least the video will look good.
Most sat aat the sides, and where we sat, we couldnt even hear music.
We ended up leaving, it was so dreadful.

Kylie used to play to her fans all over the stadium, but not this time! Bad directing by her friend William Baker.

Time to move on and do some new, inventive stuff for ALL your fans Kylie, not just those who pay a shedload more than most of us can afford!

Pilates: Advanced Programme [DVD]
Pilates: Advanced Programme [DVD]

1.0 out of 5 stars Amusing, but hardly instructive, 31 Mar. 2007
I bought this because I wanted a good work out with Pilates at home and I have taught it for several years. I was amazed at the poor quality, the demonstrators did not know what they were doing, diction fumbles were not edited out and the bodies were sometimes totally incapable of doing the exercises. At one point the female demonstrator almost rolls off the box she is working on. 'Never mind', Mr Menezes said, 'the body will get used to it'.
If you do not know the exercises there is very little accurate description, so I suggest finding one that is more informative and descriptive. If you do know the exercises dont bother with this dvd for it is not styled as a work out, simply as a show of exercises. I just wish that they had rehearsed it. It is disconcerting that the male demonstrator is often caught peeking at the female one behind him to see what he should be doing.

I did less than three minutes of exercise with it before I stopped and simply sat watching in amused horror, and laughed my way through the rest of the hour.

I give this one star simply because I am not allowed to give it none.

Good for a laugh but in no way a Pilates instruction dvd.

Cirque Du Soleil: Quidam [DVD]
Cirque Du Soleil: Quidam [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Gilkey

3.0 out of 5 stars Circus Circus, 30 July 2004
Being a big circus fan (after all it is my job) I was looking forward to getting my own copy of Quidam.
Sadly, this dvd is not the same acts as the original video. This is the show as it arrived in the UK, and not the whole original cast. So some, such as the aerial act, is not nearly as inspiring (and that was the act I bought if for!)
For those who are not technically minded, it is probably wonderfully filmed with lots of extra cuts to the clowns and ground based performers, but for those who want to sit back and watch the wonderful high skill of the circus performers, it gets to be very irritating when you suddenly see the singer right in the middle of some amazing tricks.
I ended up screaming at the dvd occasionally to get back to the act.
It is still a wonderful show, and well worth watching. Definately worth the sale price at the moment.
Get it and enjoy. Fore-warned is fore-armed, expect to gain the whole ambience of the show, and dont expect to just see acts.
Enjoy it, and be inspired to get up on a trapeze...

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (GBA)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (GBA)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, Keeps me playing - an acheivement in itself!, 20 Nov. 2003
Being easily bored with platform games, I bought this with a sceptical view. So far I have been proved wrong. The story gradually unfolds (rather than boring you with everything for the first ten minutes or so of play) and progress happens. The puzzles are solveable and I soon began to get the hang of the movements. The best thing is that I do move on, and am not struggling for days on one problem, keeping me interested and not frustrated.
You do need to explore the notes though, otherwise you wont realise what the scrolls etc. offer, but this is a minor issue.
Image wise it looks great, is not clunky or difficult to control and I am having a fab time. I haven't enjoyed a game so much since I played Metroid Fusion.
I recommend it!