Profile for Lorna > Reviews

Content by Lorna

Lorna

Thinner Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Female Body (The Build Muscle, Get Lean, and Stay Healthy Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book money can buy, 27 Jan. 2013
Want to loose weight and get to the gym but don'y know how?? Then I would whole heartedly recommend purchasing this book!!

I have been a 'follower' of fitness for years but one thing that I simply could not get my head around was what to do in the gym. I knew that high reps of full body workouts was not the way to do it and was clearly apparent that women stick to the cardio machines whilst the men stuck to weights! Again I just knew this was wrong.

Personal trainers where useless and didn't know what they where talking about and non gave any specifics that was personalised to my own body composition. I knew I had to eat a balance of protein and carbs but I didn't know how much. I had successfully lost weight following the atkins diet but I just didn't know how to eat and when to eat if I was to begin training (properly).

I have followed many health magazines and surfed the web enough times to know that I still didn't have enough knowledge to confidently step into a gym and lift.

It wasn't until I purchased this book (last week btw) that I now know what to do and most importantly how to do it properly. And next time I am in a debate about nutrition and training I will actually throw this book at the person I am talking too.

It really is the BEST BOOK EVER!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2013 8:59 PM GMT