ARRAY(0xa82950d8)

Russell Hobbs 18256 Heritage Kettle - 1.8 Litre - Country Cream
Russell Hobbs 18256 Heritage Kettle - 1.8 Litre - Country Cream
Price: 29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fiddly to fill from water filter., 24 Feb 2012
There are many things I like about this kettle from an aesthetic point of view but it has its disappointing features. It is noiser than previous kettles - I have to go into the hall if I am talking on the phone while it is boiling, but at least I know when its finished! It fills well from a tap but if you like to filter your water much of the water from the filter jug spills over the side of the the kettle spout necessitating having to dry the kettle before placing on the power unit. I've tried filling through the lid at the top but the handle gets in the way.

It pours nicely and looks nice. Life's too short to seach for perfection - I just hope it lasts as long as its predecessor, the Russell Hobbs Millennium kettle, which still works but the plastic is beginning to fragment.

Mindfulness: A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world
Mindfulness: A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world
by Prof Mark Williams
Price: 8.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Very User Friendly, 8 Jun 2011
Having tried other meditation books/cds in the past I have found this the best yet. I gave up past attempts as my mind kept wandering; Professor Williams reassures the reader that this is perfectly normal and is part of the process. That in itself made such a difference.

The explanations as to how our thinking becomes disrupted as a result of stress are clear and credible and the techniques outlined for restoring the balance make good sense. Professor Williams encourages the reader to be kind to himself throughout. That is also a breath of fresh air if you happen to have a perfectionist personality.

I am actually motivated to finish this course. It does take some self discipline but, as the writers state, you can take your time as long as you finish.

Great book! I've bought three more copies for relatives.

The well at the world"s end.
The well at the world"s end.
by A. J. Mackinnon

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put it down, 20 Jan 2011
Having enjoyed Jack de Crowe so much, Sandy's prequel has been long awaited and I was not disappointed. The long, frustrating and sometimes dangerous journey from New Zealand to England overland was brought alive by Sandy's beautifully written narrative which painted detailed pictures in my mind's eye; not only of his surroundings but of the characters he met on the journey. The plan to travel overland to the UK from New Zealand was a big challenge from a transport point of view and, undeterred by the lack of straightforward transport links, imaginative thinking involved taking risks. I found this book hard to put down and, at times, found myself reading long after midnight. I was very sorry to finish it as I enjoyed the journey so much. I would have given my eye teeth to have a teacher like Sandy when I was at school. He brings the written word alive. Come on Amazon - let's have this book on sale at British prices through Amazon UK. I would have bought many copies for Christmas presents but it was only obtainable in the US and Australia and, therefore, expensive.

Shut the Box
Shut the Box
Offered by Toypost
Price: 8.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Education, 1 Dec 2010
This review is from: Shut the Box (Toy)
I used this game over 20 years ago to encourage quick thinking and mental processing for my son. I've just bought one for my granddaughters. Its a fun game which helps get the brain wiring laid down for quick mental maths ability, which is a great asset when,as they grow older, they need to calculate quickly. Who needs calculators?