Profile for FMF > Reviews

FMF

bareMinerals Pure Transformation Night Treatment 4.2g Light
bareMinerals Pure Transformation Night Treatment 4.2g Light

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING FOR PORES, 9 Jun. 2015
AMAZING!! I have tried everything for my pores; porefressional, Clinique, Clarins, YSL, pore strips, exfoliaters and this has been the only thing that has worked!! After one night my pores were visibly smaller and I'm not talking oh are they, maybe they are, I mean they were 100% noticeably smaller and after a few more applications they are gone on my cheeks and chin and the ones on my nose which have always been an issue are also almost gone. I must mention that it is part of a skincare routine which I use twice daily, which is the Clinique 123 programme, I also have some Paul & Joe facial oil and YSL skin perfector which I use on every other day, so it's potentially q mixture of factors, but this stuff is a god send!! It doesn't smell amazing, but it's worn at night and you definitely get that glow in the morning they promise. Considering its £50 in most high street stores like Debenhams and £40 on somewhere like feel unique.com this is an absolute steal for only £15. I was concerned it might be fake when it came but having previously bought bare minerals make up the packaging wa identical and everything came sealed in the usual way, plus the fact it works is the biggest test!! To be honest if it was £50 I'd pay it for the difference it's made!

Future Failure 1: The Gore Lounge: Volume 1
Future Failure 1: The Gore Lounge: Volume 1
by Grant Foxon

5.0 out of 5 stars unusual and interesting, a book for a true admirer of literature, 25 Oct. 2014
A dark, witty exploration into the ultimate demise of mankind. A surreal piece of literature littered with genuine pieces of genius. The book seems bizarre at first but the eventual twists and turns towards the end leave with one of those "oooohhhh" moments!! Not like any other book I have read either, lots of extra bits at the end appendices etc, make it a real treat and very re-readable. I really like Fringe and this book reminded me of that show, with a bit of hemlock grove in to the mix. Definitely worth a read.

Cat's Cradle: Warhead (New Doctor Who Adventures)
Cat's Cradle: Warhead (New Doctor Who Adventures)
by Andrew Cartmel

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the New Adventures, 14 Aug. 2012
When Doctor Who disappeared from our screens in Dec 1989, many fans were left feeling angry and empty. The final two seasons of the show had been Doctor Who back on top form and just as it was transforming into something truly revitalised, adult and epic the plug was pulled.....

.....but there was a silver cloud, and that was Virgin's New Adventures Novels.

Arriving in 1991 and running till 1997, when BBC Books got the rights back, we had original novels that were bigger, bolder, brighter and badder. Warhead by Andrew Cartmel being the pinacle of the series.

Warhead takes place early on in the run and is the middle book of the second story arc 'Cat's Cradle'. A Blade Runneresque global thriller set in the near future, the story reaches epic emotional and intellectual highs.

If the programme would have continued then this would no doubt have been the high standard of early nineties stories.

A true classic that belongs in any Whovians collection.

Judge Dredd #7: Swine Fever
Judge Dredd #7: Swine Fever

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL LUNACY! Welcome to Mega City One, 14 Aug. 2012
As a big 2000 AD and Judge Dredd fan I approached Dredd in novel form unsure of how well the post apocalyptic, black comedy and big action would translate into novel form. Believe me I wasn't disappointed! The author Andrew Cartmel has written a roller coaster of a novel that is highly recommended!

Simple equation Judge Dredd fan + Swine Fever = Good times!

A must read!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2016 2:46 PM BST

"Doctor Who", Atom Bomb Blues
"Doctor Who", Atom Bomb Blues
by Andrew Cartmel

5.0 out of 5 stars CLASSIC WHO!, 6 Aug. 2012
A truly classic and innovative Doctor Who from the Seventh Doctor/Ace era. The plot revolves around the Nuclear tests for the atom bomb in the Nevada desert. The story is penned by Who Writer Supremo Andrew Cartmel, and I believe truly reflects the artistic direction the series would have taken in the 90's. Clever, innovative and edgy thrillers with a 20th century setting.

As well as being a great Doctor Who, it also has a really nice cover too.

Operation Herod (The Rupert Hood Spy Thrillers Book 1)
Operation Herod (The Rupert Hood Spy Thrillers Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy Thriller with a great ending., 5 Aug. 2012
This is one hell of a noiresque adrenalin rush. It reminded me of the works of Raymond Chandler with a Len Deighton/Ian Fleming twist. As a big fan of the thriller genre I can honestly say this is one of the best thrillers to be published in a long time.

CLASSIC!

The Dark
The Dark

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow.......what a book!!!, 12 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Dark (Kindle Edition)
This book really was amazing, not like all the utter tripe that's written these days to appease the masses, but a wonderful read packed with dark humour. If you like Monthy Python buy this book!!!!