Profile for book junkie > Reviews

Content by book junkie

book junkie (northern ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what I wanted and at a great price!, 8 Oct. 2015
Ordered tablet as it had hdmi and had pretty decent reviews and the price was good. Had been having problems with my apple box and this seemed the perfect replacement.

The only negative I would have is the poor battery life. But as I use it for streaming, doesn't bother me to keep it plugged in.

A great wee tablet for either entry level or to use to stream.

ZANZEA Women's Sexy Embroidery Lace Crochet Chiffon Long Sleeve Tops Blouse Flowers Khaki UK 22
Offered by Quqe

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me unfortunately, 23 Aug. 2015
The arms are way too small, so unless you have matchstick arms, wouldn't bother. The quality of the garment wasn't what I was expecting either. It felt like the nylon that was about back in the 70's.

The colour was good and received quickly.

My advice? You pay for what you get.

Vanquished (The Blood Trail Chronicles Book 2)
Vanquished (The Blood Trail Chronicles Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a great read, promise ....., 30 Jun. 2015
Believe me, this is a 5 star book, it's not a stop gap with nothing to offer the reader. The story is well written, the characters are growing in depth and there are some nice wee twists to keep us all happy.

If you've read the first book, you'll be downloading the second. And when you've read Vanquished, you'll be as frustrated as the rest of us who now have to wait for the third installment. Ms Brown, you are pretty freaking amazing, your work keeps getting better and better.

My mother reads your work quicker than I do and she's never done asking me if you've finished the new book! So this review is from her as much as me. She's a fan and loves telling folk that she reads magic and werewolves, elves and witches, shocking folk that an 83 year old has a great taste in authors.

So please, keep doing what you do best, give us new friends to read about but also let us say goodbye to all the friends we've met along the way in all your books.

Half-Blooded: The Complete Collection (BBW Shifter Romance) (Half Blooded)
Half-Blooded: The Complete Collection (BBW Shifter Romance) (Half Blooded)

1.0 out of 5 stars dire, 31 Mar. 2015
If you're going to buy this, stop! The heroine is a total damp squib. Worst female lead I've ever encountered. I'm sorry but she had no redeeming qualities and the men are pathetically bad too.

Skip this and try another book

Abigail: Witch Faery Trilogy
Abigail: Witch Faery Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars A very pleasant surprise, 26 Mar. 2015
I wasn't sure what to expect when I started this book. Maybe a way to pass the time for a few hours, nothing more. But OMG I was totally absorbed from the start!

So glad it wasn't weighed down with the prerequisite adult theme that so many other authors feel they need to include. The storyline was more than enough to carry this along. Great characters, a quirky take on the fae folk. William might have been a bit 'limp' in character in the middle but he redeemed himself with a flash of backbone and the boyish charm I missed a bit.

No spoilers, just read it. Even though I'm a harridan, I was moved by the ending ..... Oh go on, just read it! Soon as I finish this review I'm off to get the next instalment, want to get my next fix of the fae folk.

Samsung EB-F1M7FLU 1500 mAh Battery for Galaxy S3 Mini  (Non-Retail Packaging)
Samsung EB-F1M7FLU 1500 mAh Battery for Galaxy S3 Mini (Non-Retail Packaging)

1.0 out of 5 stars pathetic, 11 Mar. 2015
If I could have, I'd have given this no stars at all. The battery life is pathetic, doesn't hold the charge and even if I turn the phone off between uses, it's still abismal. If the battery is genuine, then shame on Samsung.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite boots ........ Ever, 15 Jan. 2015
First off, I'm buying another few pairs of the heavenly feet boots, they are THAT good! I was not expecting the great fit and comfort. I have pretty large ankles and can never find a boot that would zip properly. The elasticated panel is a god send. Zipped up and still comfy. I do prefer a bit of a wedge to walk on and it nearly feels like I'm walking on air, the sole is amazing.

39 Weeks
39 Weeks

5.0 out of 5 stars what a corker', 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: 39 Weeks (Kindle Edition)
Not sure what happened but I spent all day reading this, it's now 2:15am and you'd nearly be thinking I was Judy having her wee Ella, I'm so happy! A confirmed spinster with no maternal feelings at all, thoroughly enjoying every page of the ups and downs of pregnancy.

This is a book for everyone, young and not so young to enjoy, to smile, to laugh along with, to be sad. A roller coaster ride of pregnancy hormones without the actual bother.

Amusing, sweet, funny, sad, emotional... This book has it all. I stand and applaud Terri Douglas for giving me a book that I never knew I'd enjoy.

Slàinte

Perspi-Guard Maximum Strength Antiperspirant Spray - 50ml
Perspi-Guard Maximum Strength Antiperspirant Spray - 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Try it, there are a lot of fans out there who love it, 11 Dec. 2014
Free at last, no more embarrassing damp patches, no more keeping my arms at my sides! Freedom in a little bottle.

Over the years, I've tried them all, with varying results. Most were too severe and literally burned my underarms raw. It was either the pain, no sleep or putting up with that problem we suffer from. BUT, tried this after reading the reviews from other folk in my position and haven't looked back since!

First time I put it on, no stinging, no pain, nothing. I was sure it hadn't worked. The treatment was that mild! Now after several months of use, I only need to apply ever 2 weeks or so. No more changing shirts during the day, no more fear of people stepping away from me. It's that good, please try it yourself. Only few tips would be to actually rub in the spritz of fluid into your skin, it really does last longer. And goes without saying, leave at least 24 hours after you shave!

So try it, what have you got to loose, the bottle will last for months, so it's money well spent folks.

150 Classikool Chocolate Brown Tulip Muffin Cupcake Cases
150 Classikool Chocolate Brown Tulip Muffin Cupcake Cases
Offered by Classikool® Luxury without expensive packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 9 Dec. 2014
Why would you buy elsewhere when you can get quality at a fraction of prices charged in big supermarkets?

Page: 1 | 2