Profile for Urs > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Only Child: How to Survive Being One
The Only Child: How to Survive Being One

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a positive or empowering book., 3 May 2016
If you want to feel bad for being an only or having just one child then this is the book for you. Very little practical advice is available at the very end of the book and even that is permeated with negativity. Most of the book is just a drag of only children or their partners complaining about the situation. I don't think they got a good enough sample of the onlies population or they set-out with an already biased view and just wanted to prove their own point of view. Not a neutral work. If you are looking for tools on how to couple with your onliness this is not it as it's depressive.

Lost in Oz - Season 1
Lost in Oz - Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 April 2016
Please make it into a series. We can't wait to see how Dorothy will get home!

Lonely Planet Dubai & Abu Dhabi (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Dubai & Abu Dhabi (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good. I am glad to see the Lonely planet ..., 16 Mar. 2016
It has the right mix of tips, proposed itinerary, what to do, history of the place, etc. All in a colourful and well organised format. It has a map as well. Very good. I am glad to see the Lonely planet guides are modernised as it was falling behind more visual guides. At the same time, it hasn't lost the interesting cultural and background information that made these guides famous.

Just Add Magic
Just Add Magic
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Just Add Magic (Amazon Video)
Excellent entertainment for a family night in. From 6 to 40 : )

Fujifilm Instax Mini Hello Kitty (10 film)
Fujifilm Instax Mini Hello Kitty (10 film)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 6 Jan. 2014
The themed films are about 10 to 20% more expensive than the plain ones, but they are so cute. This one is adorable!

Simplify
Simplify

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspiring, 20 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Simplify (Kindle Edition)
I really liked this book. It inspired me to simplify so many aspects of my life. The best part is that it has tips on how to do it but at the same time it's not preachy. It shows you how to take a progressive aproach in simplfying your life instead of the "chuck everything you have" motto of other books on minimalism.

Simple Ways to Be More with Less
Simple Ways to Be More with Less

2.0 out of 5 stars ONLY ONE OR TWO TIPS THAT WERE GOOD, 20 Aug. 2012
I thought the book was just a compilation of tips on how to be more zen instead of how to simplify your life. For example, how does drinking a glass of water every morning makes your life more simple? And I also thought it was just lazy that the author must have written only half of the book. The other half was written by contributors. I didn't like it (but I didn't hate it either, so that's why 2 stars instead of 1). The simplify book by Joshua Becker is a better read (he is one of the contributors of this book though, but the part he wrote is pretty much on his e-book as well).

Decorate: 1000 Professional Design Ideas for Every Room in the House
Decorate: 1000 Professional Design Ideas for Every Room in the House
by Holly Becker

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good pictures, 18 Jun. 2012
I loved the pictures in this book. This is a book more to look at the pictures and get ideas than a book that teaches you basics of decoration. I found the Domino one better for this purpose. It is very nice though and it was good to have a different point of view from the Domino style.

Domino: The Book of Decorating: A room-by-room guide to creating a home that makes you happy (DOMINO Books)
by Deborah Needleman

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic and useful principles and ideas, 18 Jun. 2012
I bought this book because I want to decorate my home 'properly'. I don't want it to look like a Sarah Beeny Property ladder showroom or that I've just bought everything in Ikea (even if I did). I read it before the Perfectly imperfect home. That one complements this nicely. A great duo.

The Perfectly Imperfect Home: How to Decorate and Live Well
The Perfectly Imperfect Home: How to Decorate and Live Well
by Deborah Needleman

5.0 out of 5 stars It has already made a difference in my home, 18 Jun. 2012
I've always wanted to have the kind of home that is beautifully decorated but at the same time inviting and warm. This book showed me how this can be achieved. Even though I can't put much in practice now (we all have a budget to work with) I could do little things and touches that are already transforming my house into a cosy stylish home. I recomend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3