Profile for Griffin-185th > Reviews

Content by Griffin-185th

Griffin-185th (UK)

Battlefield 4 Premium Service (PC DVD)
Battlefield 4 Premium Service (PC DVD)
Offered by Shop4World
Price: 38.83

1.0 out of 5 stars What's This??!!, 1 Nov 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I too have been duped, thinking that this was, as described, the full game. It's now wrapped up and ready to head back to Amazon. Not impressed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2013 10:05 AM GMT

The Mountain
The Mountain

5.0 out of 5 stars Three is a Charm, 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Mountain (Audio CD)
I bought "Visions" first, then "Aquarius" after I had been completely blown away by "Visions". I was also really pleased that a really good, original, British prog band had made the grade, albeit only recognised by too few people.

So I was waiting to see if they would bring out a third album, and if they did would it live up to the high bar set by "Visions".

Along came "The Mountain" and Haken had answered me with a very loud "OH YES!". From the first track to the last I was impressed. The favourites for me are "Cockroach King", "Atlas Stone" and "Falling Back to Earth". I haven't stopped listening to this superb album.

With this CD, Haken have secured their rightful place in Prog Royalty. They have even been given a good few pages in this months Prog Rock mag.

One last thing...BUY THIS ALBUM!

Storm Corrosion
Storm Corrosion
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 10.82

3.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Expected, 8 May 2012
This review is from: Storm Corrosion (Audio CD)
I'm not sure what I expected from this album. With the previous solo albums from Steve Wilson and the direction Akerfeld is currently taking Opeth (which I'm not too happy with), then I should not have been surprised at this mixture of mellow prog and jazz mix.

While I'm not saying that I don't like it, I don't see myself listening to this too often.

Relaxing though!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2012 11:46 AM BST

Falcon 4.0
Falcon 4.0

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic That Has Developed, 14 April 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Falcon 4.0 (Video Game)
I, along with so many others, have been fans of this sim, to the extent that it has become a full blown hobby. Falcon 4 has a superb level of detail in the cockpit and the attention to everything from the skills needed to fly to the superb dynamic campaign (that you won't find better in any other combat flight sim) make this a must have.

It was thought that this sim had had it's day when Falcon 4 Allied Force came along, as it had most of the aspects of Falcon 4.0 but with better graphics and the added Balkans theatre of war as well as the Korean one.

But now, following the release of Benchmark Sims excellent and free revamp of the sim(and I really do mean free with no catches), Falcon 4.0 has been reborn. It is absolutely brilliant with massive improvements in graphics and sound and detail. The community of modders have already added extra theatres to the Korean map, with Israel, Aegean and Balkans open to public use, with others being made too.

The muliplayer experience is superb and I have been involved in events in the last few months when we have had 70 pilots on line in the same campaign, including AWACS and air traffic control.

All you need to use BMS is the orginal Falcon 4.0.

It fully supports Track IR 6DOF and I recommend a decent hotas joystick and throttle set up, such as a Saitek X-52.

This is one for those who want to feel like they are flying an F-16, not just steering it and for those who enjoy planning missions in order to achieve victory.

Go get it!

Be
Be
Price: 9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A Thought Provoking Gem, 29 Feb 2012
This review is from: Be (Audio CD)
I have all of Pain of Salvations albums and had the pleasure of seeing them for the first time, recently supporting Opeth.

This album was the start of it all. I heard one track somewhere and plunged into it. The idea that God lost him/herself and wanted to indulge in life and what happened, is in itself and interesting concept. And POS deliver the thoughts in so many diverse musical ways. Gospel, rock, folk and so on.

Then there's philosophy, drama, anguish (some of the letters to God, recorded by POS fans on their website, are very sad and worrying) and dark humour.

This is a real gem from the heartbeat start to the childs summation at the end (of a very long quiet gap).

The thing about this album is that it is not a typical delivery from POS, but then every POS album is different and you will be missing out if you don't sample them all.

Enjoy

Stairlift to Heaven: Growing Old Disgracefully
Stairlift to Heaven: Growing Old Disgracefully
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Where has He Been Hiding, 7 Oct 2011
What a gem! My wife put me on to Terry and got me to download this for something to read on the plane for our holidays. I was rather embarrassing for my wife as this is a true "laugh out loud" book. I swear she was doing the "he's not with me" look as I was chuckiling at the wit, absurdety and absolute neck of Terry and his lunatic friend.

If you want to put a smile on your face then get this bargain.

Thrustmaster Replica U.S Air Force MFD Cougar Flight Panel Duo Pack (PC)
Thrustmaster Replica U.S Air Force MFD Cougar Flight Panel Duo Pack (PC)
Price: 54.33

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Difference They Make, 2 Sep 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought these for use in Falcon 4 AF, to enable me to use the Multi Function Displays (MFDs) in the sim without using the mouse. Programming in the sim was a piece of cake and the MFDs work nicely. I wouldn't be without them now,particularly when flying on-line.

However, it wasn't until I bought DCS A-10C that I realised that I had a priceless piece of kit. The idea of trying to fly this very intense sim without these MFD's (as well as Track IR and a decent HOTAS) just doesn't bear thinking about. The MFD's are USB plug and play, with the buttons all lighting up in green and DCS A-10C recognises them, so you don't need to do anything else to set them up (unless you want to).

In summary, a relatively basic looking set of plastic squares that make a massive impact on gameplay in these sims, adding to the immersiveness.

If you're serious about military aircraft sims, then buy these.