Profile for R. Newton > Reviews

Content by R. Newton

R. Newton (Llangollen)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Finger Pulse Oximeter With LED Display (Includes Carrycase, Batteries and Lanyard)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great just what I needed for first aiders, 1 Feb. 2014
It takes the guess work out of giving oxygen during a first aid event. It is easy to use. Comes with its own gel case and lanyard and carry case. Everything I wanted and more than I expected. Well worth the money

Risk-Led Safety: Evidence-driven Management
Risk-Led Safety: Evidence-driven Management
by Duncan Spencer

4.0 out of 5 stars Could do with some more detailed examples to fully explain the theory, 25 Dec. 2013
An enjoyable easy read that applies a lot of un-common common sense to management. It does not take long to read and is only 148 pages.
If you have loads of risk assessments and need to sort them out then this is the book for you. It could drastically reduce your workload once you have undertaken the risk assessments based on evidence rather than rather poor best guesses of experts.
It will help you recalibrate yourself whether you thought you needed it or not!
The risk register will help prioritise workload.
A worthwhile book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2014 6:17 PM GMT

Change Your Words, Change Your World (Insights)
Change Your Words, Change Your World (Insights)

4.0 out of 5 stars Even reading it makes me feel happy!, 25 Dec. 2013
I am going to change the way I deliver training after reading this book to see whether positive reinforcement works better than the fear of explosion and death.
If nothing else it will make people feel more positive that they can make the changes that I am asking them to make.
I bought it today and have not put it down as it is a good read.
It would have been better if it had more references to the work of others so that I could feel that it had a basis in experiment and science but it does seem to be based on Trust with a capital T.

Surveyors Distance Measuring Wheel in New smart carry bag
Surveyors Distance Measuring Wheel in New smart carry bag

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke in 3 minutes. Absolutely useless, 22 Dec. 2013
It is poor and not designed for measuring. It failed within three minutes of getting it out of the box. I would not buy one of these again

Kingfell Guide KF913 - Second edition: Fire risk assessments for complex buildings (Kingfell Guides)
by Mr Paul Bryant

3.0 out of 5 stars Some of it was helpful but references were poor, 22 Dec. 2013
I liked the clear easy way that it was written. It was easy to follow and I read it in an evening. I think it could have said more about complex buildings with more examples, but it was clear enough.
The references were very poor and did not even mentioned the HSE web site, building regs or CDM for the UK. If you wanted to check out what had been said in the book the references were not there and so it gave me the feeling that I was relying on someone's experience. I like to know that the experience is backed up with evidence and I did not get that confirmation.
Having said that I did agree with all that I had read. It was just a bit lightweight for complex buildings and was more of a good checklist for if you already knew all about it and wanted to check that nothing had been missed. As a checklist it was very helpful.

Dissertation Writing in Practice: Turning Ideas into Text
Dissertation Writing in Practice: Turning Ideas into Text
by Linda Cooley

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my favourite book on research, 16 Dec. 2013
I refer to this book weekly. It makes my work sound interesting, even to my husband! If you buy only one book to help with writing up your research then this is the one

Doing a Successful Research Project: Using Qualitative or Quantitative Methods
Doing a Successful Research Project: Using Qualitative or Quantitative Methods
by Professor Martin Brett Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for undertaking research, 16 Dec. 2013
It describes what a research project requires and what is expected per section. It just makes planning your research easy.

Anker Multi-Angle Portable Stand for Tablets 7-10 inch, E-readers and Smartphones, 0.4lb Lightweight Durable Aluminum Body, Compatible for iPad Air, Mini, iPhone 6 5S 5 4S, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Google Nexus 5 6 7 9 Phones, Tablets and more (Silver)
Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly sturdy considering how small it is, 16 Dec. 2013
The main part of it is metal but the supporting leg is grey plastic. However it is sturdy. It supports my iPad in any orientation. I thought it a reasonable price at £10, but I have seen others that are much cheaper and look the same.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40EB-K Compact Camera - Black (18.2MP, 20x Optical Zoom Leica DC Lens, Wi-Fi with NFC, Built in GPS, 24mm Wide Angle, 50P Full HD Video - AVCHD) 3 inch LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars I like my Z10 better, 26 Aug. 2013
Although the zoom is better than my Z10 there is not much point in upgrading. It unfortunately has the video button in a place where you accidentaly swithc it on so I find I have taken many videos by accident. I only notice that the video is on when I try to take a photograph and I do not get the short flash up of the photo after taking it.

In-Car Laptop Charger for Apple Mac iBook PowerBook G3 G4 12" 14" 15" 17" A1021 - Lavolta® Notebook Vehicle Travel Car 12V DC Adapter Power Supply

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved the fact that I bought the wrong charger and the company quickly refunded my money, 26 Aug. 2013
It does not fit the MacBook Pro and I ordered it in error. The company was great and quickly refunded all of my money. I could not have asked for more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9