Profile for MummyLizzie > Reviews

Optrex Eye Revive Moisture Mist 10 ml
Optrex Eye Revive Moisture Mist 10 ml
Offered by Knights LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but good!, 11 Jun 2014
I was really excited to be sent this product to try for free. I buy normal eye drops a lot as I'm constantly tired at the end of a day and I also suffer from allergies meaning I often have itchy, watery eyes.
I had bought one of the previous Optrex sprays before and was quite impressed.
This one is no exception. It does refresh and my eyes do feel a lot better.
When I use drops, a lot tends to disappear off down my cheeks - this is the plus point with the mist - there is no wastage at all. It is funny and clever how it works on closed eyes but it really does. My eyes feel cool and refreshed and as it mentions, it does work over make-up.
Some people have complained about the smell but I don't really think it's a bad smell at all and, even if you do find it unappealing the smell disappears in seconds anyway.
I have used this spray a lot since getting it and it is still half full. Even though the price tag is hefty (and I really was surprised at the cost), it lasts a long time and it works!

Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover
Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover

4.0 out of 5 stars Clever little device, 11 Jun 2014
I was really pleased to be sent this product to try for free.
This product really is clever but simple.
In a way it is literally sandpaper on a battery operated roller but ... it works!
Exceptionally easy to set up, my only issue was getting the thing out of the packaging!
Once out of the packaging, you are up and running in seconds. You need to make sure your feet are completely dry but then you can start and you only need to spend a few seconds on each problem area. I haven't got too much dry skin but the results were good. Very fine dust comes off and hey presto you're done! The Scholl serum you can get is good too and I've also got the night mask.
Overall I recommend - very easy to use and good results.

LeapFrog Letter Factory Phonics
LeapFrog Letter Factory Phonics

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little toy - and educational too!, 6 Jan 2014
I have a four year old who has been learning phonics at nursery since she was 9 months old.

I bought this for my 1 year old daughter who is in the early stages of learning phonics.

It's a really good toy! Really clever in that you put a letter in the top and it will do the little song pertaining to that letter. Plus all the letters store inside the storage box bit.

It also has an alphabet song which you can play at any time.

Both my girls in fact love it.

I do like the fact that the voice is a UK English accent as opposed to American. One negative point is that during the song, some of the letters are not clear in the rhyme. In fact 'V' often sounds a bit like 'P' - so much so that I had to re-listen to it several times. So that bit could have been clearer.

The only other negative is that the carry handle is a bit odd - once it's upright to the carrying position, there isn't much room to get your fingers underneath but maybe my children should be carrying it (with their minuscule fingers) not me?!

I do generally love this toy. Would have given it a 4.5 if I could!

LeapFrog Farm Mash-Up
LeapFrog Farm Mash-Up

3.0 out of 5 stars A little odd but still fun, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Farm Mash-Up (Toy)
I bought this as a gift but had a little play with it before I wrapped it up.

I had read previous good reviews.

Of course it is great quality as you would expect from this toy manufacturer. No doubt it is also a lot of silly fun.

The only thing I was wondering is if it would confuse children who are trying to learn the animals. They may have just learned pig, then duck and all of a sudden they are faced with a pig-duck?!

I don't know ... I'm just not convinced.

At the same time I also bought the similar-style Phonics toy and I think this one is much better.

FRILLY LILY FAIRY POST OFFICE REFILL PACK OF 45 CARDS AND 20 ENVELOPES
FRILLY LILY FAIRY POST OFFICE REFILL PACK OF 45 CARDS AND 20 ENVELOPES
Offered by Frilly Lily

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little cards, 6 Jan 2014
I have searched for little notecards for ages for my little girl. She loves little cards and envelopes but any I ever find tend to be your sort of Liberty style and price and I can't afford that for her to simply scribble on!

These are great little cards and match the postbox she has already got.

The only thing I would say is that I thought they were all notecards but some are 'Accounts' cards which is a little bit strange. Not really sure what they are meant to fill in there but perhaps they'd appeal to a slightly older child. My little girl has just turned 4 so she can't read anyway so it doesn't matter but it would be good if there was a purely notecard/envelope set available too.

Overall, lovely product though.

Sardine 'Gorgeous Girl' Keepsake Tin
Sardine 'Gorgeous Girl' Keepsake Tin

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous keepsake tin, 6 Jan 2014
These Sardine products (the tins and the cardboard boxes) are really great. It seems to have been quite hard to source these more recently though.

I have 3 keepsake boxes myself and love them so much that I have bought several for friends as well.

They are a really good size as a lot of similar products tend to be too small, really sturdy and a really fair price. You'd often pay double the price for something smaller.

Really impressed with Sardine. Keep making your products!!

P'kolino Lila Silly Soft Seating (Purple)
P'kolino Lila Silly Soft Seating (Purple)

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprisingly good gift from Santa!, 6 Jan 2014
Santa surprised both of my little girls by putting one of these funny little seats in each of their bedrooms ready for Christmas morning.

I wasn't sure about them to start with but my girls LOVE them. They can pull them apart into 3 pieces and fool around soft play-style or just use them as seats.

My older daughter tends to sit in the bottom purple bit and use the top bit as a foot stool!

My husband mentioned he would have liked to have seen some back support on these but they're not meant to be top quality seating. The giveaway is in the name - it's 'silly seating'. My girls love them. They have played with them and sat on them every day since Christmas. So in true wife style, I'm ignoring my husband!!

The covers are apparently machine washable too which is a real plus point from a mummy's point of view.

They are quite overpriced but I believe Santa found them on sale!

Chloe Love Eau de Parfum Spray 50ml
Chloe Love Eau de Parfum Spray 50ml
Offered by Surelifehealth

5.0 out of 5 stars Without doubt, my favourite perfume yet, 6 Jan 2014
I totally adore this perfume.

To start with I should mention that any perfume I ever love ends up being discontinued so I'm tempted to stock up quick on this one in case they same pattern occurs!!

I tend to not like fruity perfumes and this is definitely floral. The smell actually stays with you for a long time. Even when I cannot smell it anymore, my colleagues still can and so many people ask what I'm wearing and say they love the smell.

The 50 ml Eau de Parfum is usually what I go for. The Eau de Parfum lasts longer scent-wise than the Eau de Toilette and the price is fair (especially if you can find a good offer!).

The body lotion is great too so if I'm planning a night out, I'll apply the lotion first and then the perfume and it means I smell lovely for hours!!

If you like florally, long-lasting but not overpowering perfumes, then you'll love this!

Fisher Price Activity Sounds House
Fisher Price Activity Sounds House

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, basic fun, 2 Jun 2013
I wanted a toy that 'did' things - just simple things - as realised I had books, cuddly toys etc but not many cause and effect toys. This is JUST what I wanted.

There is a door that opens, a letterbox which flips down, a window that goes up (which also makes a sun pop out), all which reveal a little character behind. Also a slidey bird which makes a clicky noise, a rotating thing with beads in and a doorbell which plays two different NICE tunes; they really aren't annoying at all.

It is very portable too as quite compact.

Above all my little girl loves it. I got it for her a couple of weeks ago when she was 9 months old. She could have had it earlier but know she will get a lot more enjoyment from it. She is already very adept at using different skills to function each feature; pushing, pulling, lifting, opening, rolling, sliding.

Very durable. Excellent quality as you would expect from Fisher Price.

My 3 year old likes it too!!

Rainbow Fun (Amazing Baby)
Rainbow Fun (Amazing Baby)
by Emma Dodd

5.0 out of 5 stars Gosh - baby LOVES this!, 29 May 2013
Never actually seen my baby smile so much at a book as this one.

Very basic rhyming pages introducing the colours but lovely thick-lined pictures too.

She loves it!