Profile for Mon269 > Reviews

Content by Mon269

Mon269

Finis Tempo Trainer Pro - Pace Clock and Stopwatch
Finis Tempo Trainer Pro - Pace Clock and Stopwatch

3.0 out of 5 stars nice little tool for those that need a little encouragement, 13 Jan 2014
I use this little tool for 2 reasons 1) to maintain speed and 2) to maintain stroke rate. However, what it does for me is create a little "distraction" from the monotony of going up and down the lanes for what seems a long time. I am sure it will be more useful once I have a specific goal for either speed or stroke rate.

My only complain about the device is the build quality. The buttons are not easy to press and I don't have fat fingers. And when you press them, you know you are not doing the device any good as the numbers of the little LCD start disappearing and appearing indicating you are putting a lot of pressure on the screen itself. So far it's bee ok (have had it for a few months) but I can tell it will not last as long as one would like.

Zoggs Pull Buoy
Zoggs Pull Buoy

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Zoggs Pull Buoy (Sports)
Not sure what you can say about a pull buoy. I've had it for a few months, used it fairly regularly and it hasn't fallen apart so, for the price, I'm happy.

Finis Freestyler Hand Paddles - Yellow, Adult
Finis Freestyler Hand Paddles - Yellow, Adult

4.0 out of 5 stars Good as a pair of paddles, not sure about the extra feature, 13 Jan 2014
I bought these having read the recommendation on a well known "learn to swim" website. The claim these paddles help to avoid cross over of your arms in front of your head as they come off your hands unless the entrance direction is not correct. I am sure my hand entry is not correct yet they don't come off. I haven't used any paddles before so I have nothing to compare them against.

The Triathlete's Training Bible
The Triathlete's Training Bible
by Joe Friel

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected, 13 Jan 2014
I have been following Joe's blog for a while so I knew what to expect. This is a big book and will take a while to finish but from what I have read so far it is a great tool for the self coached triathlete.

Finis Floating Fin - Red/Grey
Finis Floating Fin - Red/Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, good feel, 9 Aug 2013
This review is from: Finis Floating Fin (Sports)
This is the second set of fins I use. The first ones were too stiff and after the 1st session I had blisters on each of my toes. These are great. The rubber is soft and elastic enough that does not rub. They cover your feet well and once you have them on they are very comfortable. Have used it around 10 times now so I can't comment on durability yet.

Lowepro Photo Hatchback 22l AW Bag for DSLR Camera - Pepper Red
Lowepro Photo Hatchback 22l AW Bag for DSLR Camera - Pepper Red
Offered by sotel-germany

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bag that fits my needs exactly, 7 Dec 2012
I wanted a camera bag that also had space for other non-photographic stuff. This bag fits de bill perfectly. If I was to find a fault would be that your back gets very sweaty very quickly.

Garmin Premium Soft Strap Heart Rate Monitor
Garmin Premium Soft Strap Heart Rate Monitor
Offered by Navi Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Deliveres what it is supposed to, 3 Oct 2012
This is my first Heart Rate Monitor, so I have nothing to compare it against. The strap being soft, makes it very confortable and being water proof, it means it is very easy to keep clean. Pairing it to my Garmin Forerunner 305 was as simple and trouble free as it gets. Given the price difference (at the time I bought it) between this product and the older mainly plastic strap, getting this one is a no brainer.