Profile for Richard Bloomfield > Reviews

Content by Richard Bloomfield

Richard Bloomfield (Surrey, UK)

LED Lenser 7830 Key Ring Torch - Black
LED Lenser 7830 Key Ring Torch - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars What a shame., 14 Jan. 2011
I initially bought one of these and was completely blown away by the amount of light emitting from such a tiny torch. I was so enthused that I bought three as presents for relatives. Wind forward a couple of months, three of the four that I bought were in the bin. If you use it as intended i.e. as a keyring torch, the day to day jumping about in your pocket and hanging from your car ignition will cause the switch to became at first intermittent, and then to simply stay on all the time. I can safely predict this, because that is exactly what happened to the three now landfill-residing units. The only one of the four that is still in use is the one that my mother-in-law hangs from a key hook in her kitchen, in case of power cuts, blown fuses etc. It still works perfectly and is still unbelievably bright. But I'm afraid that this product doesn't do what it says on the tin, and you really ought to give it a swerve. It is such a shame as this company makes absolutely fantastic torches - I have a P14 and a P17, and they make Maglites look like a lit match!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2011 4:58 PM BST

Solid Air
Solid Air
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking!, 18 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Solid Air (Audio CD)
Solid Air, Deluxe Edition. My God! I've been buying through Amazon for many years, but this is the first time I've ever been motivated to write a review. The standard of aural craftsmanship on this remastered recording is, not to put too fine a point on it, on par with the musical craftsmanship of the artist who's work is being re-presented here - The Master would certainly have been very happy with what I've just heard. It sounds absolutely fantastic. Suffice to say, if I believed that any CD being sold in a version billed as "remastered" meant improvement to this degree (though it never has, even remotely, prior to this one), then I would have to get a bank loan and replace my entire CD collection. There! Enthusiastic rant over! Buy this absolute gem!