Profile for Mr. N. I. Simpson > Reviews

Content by Mr. N. I. Simpson

Mr. N. I. Simpson (Yorkshire England)

The Beer Drinker's Guide to Munich
The Beer Drinker's Guide to Munich
by Larry Hawthorne

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic guide to dozens of beer destinations in Munich, 22 Jun. 2015
Having first purchased an earlier edition of The Beer Drinkers Guide to Munich, in 2000, and all the editions since, I have used it myself, given away copies, and bought others as gifts for anyone who enjoys Munich but is unsure as to what lies beyond the Hofbrauhaus. Excellent information about dozens of beer gardens, with transport directions (on foot or by underground or local rail) - and all with details on what tickets to buy - To give you an idea, I have purchased a ticket for 5 people for less than 30 Euros for all undergound, rail, bus and tram travel for 3 days, becasue this book gives you everything you need to plan an extended time in the greatest beer city in the world. Larry Hawthorne's extensive knowledge, painstaking (and no doubt) pleasurable research means he's done the hard graft - just buy the book and work your way around dozens of fantastic gardens, beer halls, bars and other emprioums with excellent rated Munich beers. Zum Wohl!

The Friendly Swede Silicone Fasteners for Garmin Vivofit Wristband (12 Pack)
The Friendly Swede Silicone Fasteners for Garmin Vivofit Wristband (12 Pack)
Offered by The Friendly Swede [UK]

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Feb. 2015
Ensures the strap will not come undone and have workedperfectly

Embrace
Embrace

5.0 out of 5 stars An Awesome Return, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Embrace (Audio CD)
When it takes almost eight years to create something, it had better be worth it. Embrace return with something not only meticulously created, but they go back to being true to their early philosophies and true to themselves by writing, performing and producing this piece of work which stands against any comparison in current music. From searing ballads to hypnotic electronic beats, this is just a superb and welcome return to what will be an obvious pinnacle for the band.

Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream For Napkin Rash Eczema & Bed Sore -  400g
Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream For Napkin Rash Eczema & Bed Sore - 400g

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Saver, 2 Feb. 2013
Sudocream has saved my life many times - having just completed a 23 mile walk when the oak tree and his two conker friends had been brushing my upper thigh, I couldn't wait to get to the post-soak application of lashings of Sudocrem to lower the steaming temperature of my groin. Indded, it is an absolute must-take on our annual Munich trip: Passport? Check. Beer vouchers? Check. Sudocrem? Check. It has in the past been used as toothpaste, although I wouldn't advise this, but aftter a hot day in the English Garden and a visit from Aunty Betty, it is essential to chuck a couple of fingers full around the sack and crack. One time I was asked by a German sitting next to us "Vy are you valking like that?" to which I replied, "Arse Rash", whereby I had to endure a 30 minute soliloquy about the merits of his local football third division team's manager who was called Arse Rasch - how we laughed as we explained that if he ever became so successful that a team from the English Premier League came calling he should remain in the Fatherland. I can't recommend Sudocrem enough - no other heat abatement treatment comes close - 5 Stars!

Roger Protz's World Beer Guide
Roger Protz's World Beer Guide
by Roger Protz

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but a glaring error, 4 Dec. 2009
The book is a review, and skims the surface of the world outlining beers and beer styles. It's nowhere near the standard of MIchael Jackson's Beer Companion -and editorially, to include Mathaser beer hall in Munich, which became a shopping centre years ago is not ideal - anyone who has visited Munich in the last ten years would know of its (sad) demise - to leave it in a guide in 2009 smacks of editorial laziness.