Profile for Myrtle > Reviews

A Song for the Dying
by Stuart MacBride
Price: 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Typically terrific, horrifying and gripping, 18 July 2014
This review is from: A Song for the Dying (Hardcover)
What can I say? Another terrific book from Stuart MacBride. The story is typically gruesome but also typically gripping. Mr MacBride's books are not for the faint hearted but he is such a good writer and, as more and more horrifying events took place I was swept along in a desire to find out how the whole sorry mess would be resolved.

DIBAG TM - Set of 2-Vacuum Storage Space Saver Bags Cube with Gussets, 100 x 80 x 32 cm.

2.0 out of 5 stars Capacious but not robust, 18 July 2014
These bags are indeed capacious but sadly not very robust. The first bag split at the bottom while we were sealing the top. We put the full, split bag inside the other bag and removed the air and the second bag has proved to be OK. It's got 2 double duvets inside and is small enough to store in an under-bed drawer. The seal seems to work efficiently.

Sun In Gentle With Lemon 139 ml Pump
Sun In Gentle With Lemon 139 ml Pump
Offered by Cosmetic Solutions Inc.
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and most effective, 27 Nov 2013
I have blonde hair that's faded over time and this just lifts the colour a bit and makes my hair a little brighter. Easy to apply on damp hair and blends in with the existing colour.

Womens Underskirt Polycotton White With Embroidery Various Sizes
Womens Underskirt Polycotton White With Embroidery Various Sizes
Offered by one-stop-eshop
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty, 27 Nov 2013
This is much prettier than it looks in the picture but, sadly, it split the first time I wore it because it's not full enough for a womanly stride! I've since shortened it by an inch or so (from the top so as not to spoil the pretty broderie Anglaise hem) and it's perfect.

Icarus & The Virgin
Icarus & The Virgin
Price: 3.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful story, 16 Sep 2013
A rattling good read. The machinations and deviousness of the characters in Ancient Rome are astonishing - more so because this is a true story. The end came as a complete surprise although I can't think why. There had been clues throughout the book. I particularly enjoyed the characterisation and the insight into the casual way the Romans treated their slaves. I'll be looking out for more books by this author.

Coast to Coast West St Bees to Keld (Route Map)
Coast to Coast West St Bees to Keld (Route Map)
by Harvey Map Services Ltd
Edition: Map
Price: 9.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful map for walkers, 13 May 2013
Like all Harvey's maps it has a page for a day's walk and it's easy to read and printed on waterproof paper and in a handy plastic pocket. It fits in my trouser leg pocket so is handy to look at. It has all the normal OS details. It saves buying lots of full-size OS maps for a long distance walk.

Coast to Coast XT40: East (Route Maps): 1

Eurolite Left Hand Drive Headlight Beam Converters For Driving In UK
Offered by Mikedavies
Price: 3.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Problems with fitting, 13 May 2013
I looked at the diagrams and I looked at my headlamps (Citroen Berlingo), then I asked my neighbour to help, then I asked various passing people, then I looked on the Internet. No-one can identify where these are supposed to go on my unmarked headlamp glass, so I was reduced to driving only in daylight while visiting the UK.

Evo15 Solar Pir Utility Light
Evo15 Solar Pir Utility Light
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little light, 13 May 2013
Every time I come home and this light illuminates my very dark porch I get a little thrill of pleasure. (I know. How sad am I?) I can't believe something so cheap can give so much pleasure. It's easy to fit, too, with plenty of cable.

Birkenstock Rio Birko-Flor, Style-No. 31751, Women Sandals, Blue, EU 37, normal width

2.0 out of 5 stars Very clumpy, 13 May 2013
These make my feet look extraordinarily wide, so I don't wear them. The wide straps have quite sharp edges, too.

Page: 1 | 2