Profile for Kelli R. Guilbeau > Reviews

Content by Kelli R. Guilbeau

Kelli R. Guilbeau (Lafayette, la United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Crashing into Love  (Bradens at Trusty #6) (Love in Bloom: The Bradens Book 12)
Crashing into Love (Bradens at Trusty #6) (Love in Bloom: The Bradens Book 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, Love, Love This Series!!!, 2 April 2015
Yep, I got to review another book from Melissa Foster. This time it is another Braden story, Crashing into Love. This time we get to read the love story of Jake Braden & Fiona Steele. Jake and Fiona were high school sweethearts that didn't end well. Now, Fiona puts her entire life on hold to see if she can win Jake back, not an easy task since he tries to avoid her at all costs.

I loved this story even though most of us wouldn't have the opportunity to put our entire life on hold to go to another city for 6-8 weeks to win our true love back. Of course, this is fiction but it is always nice to imagine that you could do the same as the characters. I loved this story just like all of Melissa Foster's books. I became so involved in this book. I think, I read this one in just a few hours because I couldn't put the book down.

I give this book 5 stars. You will love it. This book can be read as a stand alone book but you will want to read the entire series once you read this one. All of the books in this series are great. You will be hooked from the first book you read. However, it must be noted that this book is for mature readers due to some sexual content. If you are of age, and you love a good love story then you definitely need to try this book out. I can't wait to see what Melissa Foster writes next.

I received this book to review through Beck Valley Books Book Tours, all the opinions above are 100% my own.

Seaside Secrets: Amy Maples (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers)
Seaside Secrets: Amy Maples (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, love this series!!, 29 Mar. 2015
Well, here we go again, another emotional roller coaster full of ups and downs. Personally, I don't how you survive an accident like they did, especially alone and not telling your friends or family. I've loved Amy in the other books in the series and couldn't wait to see if and how she would get together with Tony. She is so sweet and caring. The funny thing is that everyone can tell that they have loved each other forever. They just can't see it and are afraid to make a go of it.

Melissa Foster is such a wonderful writer that will have you hooked from the very beginning of the book. You become so involved in the book and almost feel like a voyeur, at least I did. I couldn't put the book down once I started. The characters are so real, and you really feel for them. You will be cheering them on and telling them to do stuff.

I give this book another 5 stars. I can not tell you enough how much I love this series. This book can be read as a stand alone book, but you will want to read the entire series once you read this book. This book is not appropriate for all audiences due to the sexual content.

Greed in Paradise (Paradise Florida Keys Mystery Series Book 5)
Greed in Paradise (Paradise Florida Keys Mystery Series Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, love this series!!!, 28 Mar. 2015
I'm telling you now, this series is my guilty little pleasure. I love this series and all of the quirky characters that will keep you guessing at what will happen next. Of course, I also love this one because Creole is more involved in this book, and I can just imagine how sexy he is. I don't know why Madison is hesitating on a relationship with him. Maybe this time something will happen.

Whether or not you're still stuck in the house with winter weather (in spring), this book is the perfect book to cozy up with inside or outside on a beach somewhere. Of course, if you are in a cold climate the book will remind you of what warm weather is like since the book takes place in the Florida Keys. I love the setting and everything else in the book. The characters are great and always changing. You never know who you will run into or what will happen next.

I give this book 5 stars. I read this book in probably a day. I had a really hard time putting the book down. While I don't see anything wrong with high school students reading this book, I still encourage parents to read it first to make sure they feel comfortable with their child reading it. There are some sexual references but it isn't thrown in your face. This book can be read as a stand alone book, but I strongly encourage you to read the whole series.

To Fall in Love Again
To Fall in Love Again

5.0 out of 5 stars A Truly Unique Romance Story, 20 Mar. 2015
I was really excited when I got the opportunity to review this book. I've read one of David Burnett's other books, The Handfasting, and loved it. This one did not disappoint. I love that the main characters in the book were older. You do not find many, if any romance books with older characters, and especially characters that are so realistic.

While Amy and Drew have both lost their spouses, their lives and experiences are so different. They come from totally different worlds. I found it funny when I read how Amy's oldest daughter treated her. Just because you are older doesn't mean that you are dead or an invalid. I can just imagine if I said anything like Amy's daughter to my mom. My mom would laugh in my face. My mother is more active and has more of a social life than I do. I would never try to stifle my mother or tell her she couldn't do anything but I know some others that treat their parents that way.

This is a truly unique romance story in that an author took the time to write about an older couple falling in love. It also shows that opposites do attract and that what is inside is more important than outward differences. This book will touch your heart. I love David Burnett's writing style and the way he approaches the story.

Dreaming of Love (Bradens at Trusty #5) (Love in Bloom: The Bradens Book 11)
Dreaming of Love (Bradens at Trusty #5) (Love in Bloom: The Bradens Book 11)

5.0 out of 5 stars This will have you dreaming of and/or remembering love., 17 Feb. 2015
What can I say besides Dreaming of Love will have you dreaming of love or, as in my case, remembering love. This book reminded me of my husband, not that we have ever been to Italy or even that we had completely different jobs. It reminded me of the love we had and still have. My husband would do anything for me or to keep me safe. There is also the point where Dae asks Emily something at the end of the story in bed. Don't tell the kids but my hubby asked me the same thing in the same situation.

I love reading Melissa Foster's stories because they always leave me feeling happy, frisky, free. I'm left with a smile on my face. It is hard to describe except that I'm left feeling joyful no matter what else is going on in my life. I really need this respite from the world or really from my health problems. I'm going through a difficult time and this took me away from my pain and worries for a little bit. I look forward to reading more of her books. I have a couple more that I have agreed to read but then I decided the other day I would have to take a break because of my health. Now, I'm second guessing myself because reading this book made me feel better even if for just a day. I've just had a hard time holding my Kindle for very long and it hurts to type very long on my computer but enough about me and my problems.

This is a great book that will take you away from your troubles. You will be left with a smile on your face. Melissa Foster's characters are so realistic that you will feel like a voyeur. While this book is a part of a series, it can be read as a stand alone book. However, I think after you read this one, you will want to read all of the other books. These books are not appropriate for all readers. It contains sexually explicit content. I give this book 5 stars for not only the wonderful writing but also for bringing a smile to my face and letting me escape from my pain for a little while.

Seaside Sunsets: Jamie Reed (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers)
Seaside Sunsets: Jamie Reed (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another emotional ride!, 26 Jan. 2015
Have you ever been addicted to a book and/or book series? Well, I have and I am. I'm totally addicted to Melissa Foster's books. I can't put my finger on exactly why except that her characters are so realistic. Yes, they are the better looking and mostly successful people you find around you but they are still so realistic. They have some of the same problems that we all have and she brings their thoughts and feelings to life.

Seaside Sunsets does not disappoint. The characters are so real. You feel like you are almost like a Peeping Tom because it is so real. Even with the problems the characters experience, you will be left with a smile on your face. The only difficulty with this book is being able to put the book down. You will be cheering for Jamie and Jessica or yelling at them not to do something.

I give this book another 5 stars. However, this book is not appropriate for all ages due to explicit sexual content. (So, your significant other might really appreciate reading this book. LOL) This book will take you for an emotional ride but you will be smiling in the end. Just make sure you have time to read this whole book, because you will keep telling yourself "just one more page", or "one more chapter", etc.

Murder in Paradise: Volume 4 (Paradise Series)
Murder in Paradise: Volume 4 (Paradise Series)
by Deborah Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Addictive Series, 21 Jan. 2015
I love this series and the wonderful, quirky characters with strong females that are willing to take care of things themselves. Madison is not a stay home type of person. She loves getting in the middle of things and swapping favors. Of course, this isn't always a good thing. Trouble seems to follow her but she seems to always get out of it. Will this time be any different?

In addition, to all of the trouble, Madison needs to figure out her love life. In the first book, I was pretty much team Zach but as things have developed through the books that has changed. I'm more team Creole. I wouldn't want to date a controlling man that wants me siting at home all of the time. I'd prefer someone that will be there to help me and to support me. I know both have a habit of telling Madison not to do things but Zach seems to be in a more controlling manner, while Creole is more concerned about her safety. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

I loved this book and this series. It was the perfect thing to lift me out of my funk. (I've been sick for over a month including a hospital stay.) This book put a big smile on my face. I couldn't put it down once I started. I can't wait to check out the next book in the series. Don't worry though, all of these books can be read as stand alone books. However, I think once you read this one you will end up getting all of the other books.

The Mists of Time (The Oracles Book 4)
The Mists of Time (The Oracles Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted to this series!!!, 10 Dec. 2014
I can not even tell you how excited I was to get to review this book. I've read the entire series so far, and loved all of the books. I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to do this one because I was so overloaded this time of year but I just couldn't pass it up. This is not just a love story between Alex and Valeria. It interweaves Greek Mythology and even some British myths, like Avalon. Some things are just mentioned in passing in this book, but I'm pretty sure they will be expanded upon in the near future. At least, I hope there will be many more books in this series. Delia Colvin left the door open for more books.

I love that this book is full of so many things. Of course, I've always loved mythology, time traveling and a good love story. It just seems to make dreams come to life. I mean really what is there not to like? Delia does a wonderful job of bringing this book to life. You will genuinely care about the characters and will be rooting for them or in some cases booing for some characters. I was left with a few questions at the end of the book but I'm hoping there will be more books that will answer these questions.

I give this book 5 stars, and want to thank Delia Colvin for taking me on another wonderful journey through time. I think this book is appropriate for high school and older. However, some parents that are more restrictive on what their children read might want to read this one first. Men and women, boys and girls will enjoy this book. I know that my son will enjoy this one as much as I do. This book can be read as a stand alone book but I strongly recommend reading the whole series to have a better understanding of everything in this book. I can't wait until the next book. I love, love this series. In fact, I would say I'm addicted to this series.

The Vineyard
The Vineyard

5.0 out of 5 stars Reminiscent of the classics, 4 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Vineyard (Kindle Edition)
I am in love with this book. I was lucky enough to get to read and review his first book, The Prodigal. I loved it, too. Michael Hurley does a wonderful job of writing. His style is reminiscent of the classics. In fact, I'm sure his books will become classics. I totally understand why he has already won awards for his writing.

His writing is so vivid, so realistic. You will be transported to life on The Vineyard. Michael Hurley draws you in, and doesn't let you go until the end. Well, not really, because it will stay with you for a long time to come. This is a thinking book. It will have you thinking about so many things including your beliefs. The book is not about religion and does not represent any specific religion. Yes, there is a lot of symbolism that seems to be Christian related but is more about how to treat others.

I give this book 5 stars. It is a book that will stick with you for a long time. I can not say enough good things about this book or the author. I will be passing my copy on to my family, especially my kids, on the condition that I get it back. My children are 25, 22, and 18. You will want to read this first if you have younger children because there are some adult situations that are not appropriate for all readers.

Cache a Predator, A Geocaching Mystery
Cache a Predator, A Geocaching Mystery

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like watching one of my favorite crime shows!, 24 Nov. 2014
Oh how I love a good mystery and this one definitely fits that bill. This one is well written, and reminds me of watching one of my favorite crime shows. You can visualize everything in this story, even for someone that has never done any or knows anything about geocaching. You will become irritated when you have to take a break to get stuff done, because all you will want to do is to keep reading. I hate these "commercial breaks" just like I do when watching my favorite shows.

I have read some of Michelle Weidenbenner other books including Scattered Links, and part of her children's books, Eclair series. I love all of her books but I really love her adult books, including this one. She has an innate ability to draw the reader in, and getting the reader to empathize and genuinely care about the characters. They are so realistic. She brings emotional events to life. You won't know what is real and what is fiction. I don't know if this book is based on real events but it definitely feels like it could have happened.

I give this book 5 stars. I will definitely be recommending this book to my friends and readers. This book is not appropriate for all audiences. Some of the situations deal with abuse including sexual abuse. Then, of course, the crimes themselves are not for the feint of heart or squeamish. However, the author deals with the subject matter without sensationalizing or trying to shock the reader. It is done in a tasteful way if that is possible.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7