Profile for P. V. Stiffell > Reviews

Content by P. V. Stiffell

P. V. Stiffell "Happy silver" (Gorleston, Norfolk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
GMYLE(TM) Micro Mini USB Wireless B/N/G 802.11n WiFi WLAN Network Adapter for Linux/Mac/Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 - 32bit & 64bit Versions

5.0 out of 5 stars wouldn't be without it now, 8 Feb. 2012
I purchased this product as I thought that the wireless in my laptop had ceased to function. As it turned out, I was wrong - it was a viral infection. However, this little devil has a strong "pick-up" in areas where my in-built wireless works only intermittently. So, when I travel from home, it is always in my bag - just in case.
Highly recommended.

The White Rabbit: Wing Commander F.F.E.Yeo-Thomas
The White Rabbit: Wing Commander F.F.E.Yeo-Thomas
by Bruce Marshall

3.0 out of 5 stars The white rabbit., 8 Feb. 2012
I purchased this book as it was the first POW story that I read when in my teens. It seemed a lot shorter than when I first read it but back in the day it lit the fuse of my enthusiasm for this genre and led me on to others like The Great Escape (now available on TV each and every Boxing Day)

Sams Teach Yourself Google SketchUp 8 in 10 Minutes (Sams Teach Yourself...in 10 Minutes (Paperback))
by Steven Holzner

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and concise with plenty of illustration, 8 Feb. 2012
Clear and concise with plenty of illustrations in this publication. It is a real must if you want to do anything in Sketch-up other than just playing. Highly recommended.

Micropix - NB-4L Replacement Lithium Li-ion Digital Camera Battery for Canon :- Digital Ixus 40, Ixus 50, Ixus 55, Ixus 60, Ixus 65, Ixus 70, Ixus 75, Ixus 80IS, Ixus 100IS 100 IS, Ixus 110 IS 110 IS, Ixus i Zoom, Ixus i7 Zoom

4.0 out of 5 stars Long working life, 8 Feb. 2012
This battery has a long working life but I still like to have one spare when out for the day - nothing worse than finding a good subject only to have your camera "power down".

Microbes and Man
Microbes and Man
by John Postgate

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the match expected, 8 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Microbes and Man (Paperback)
I purchased this book as a companion to the BBC documetary of the same name. However, they did not match up but this was not a disappointment.
A quite well-researched book although it could have done with a few more illustrations. Also, a bit heavy as an introduction to microbiology.

SanDisk SDCZ50-016G-B35 16 GB Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black
SanDisk SDCZ50-016G-B35 16 GB Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Cruzer Blade, 8 Jan. 2012
This is the second Cruzer Blade flash drive that I have got. It was purchased purely and simply to use with a TV/DVD combo to record to the flash drive. Haven't used it as yet (usual TV rubbish on over the holiday period) hence only four stars.

Inov8 Fuji NP-45 Replacement Lithium Digital Camera Battery 600mAh 3.7v Li-ion 2 year warranty

4.0 out of 5 stars Inov8 battery, 7 Dec. 2011
Haven't used this item yet as it was bought as a subsidiary present (to be an extra for a camera and so cannot comment on the quality. But, if it performs like other batteries that have been purchased from or through Amazon UK then I feel it will be good value.

Light My Fire
Light My Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars It always lights my fire!, 7 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Light My Fire (MP3 Download)
I had this (or something very similar) on vinyl many years ago which, sadly, got lost. I am so pleased to "have it back" and it sounds like it has been remastered (whatever that means). I listened to it three times on the plane to Lanzarote and didn't fall asleep on the plane like I usually do.
A lot of the tracks are covers of other artists but Sr Feliciano puts his own unique style into the numbers without detracting from the originals.
Buy it if you are a fan or buy it and become a fan.
Highly recommended.

Micro USB Data Cable for Samsung S3350 - Premium Quality Guaranteed. - Izzibuyer
Offered by izzibuyer

4.0 out of 5 stars Micro USB Data Cable for Samsung S3350, 7 Dec. 2011
This lead was sadly missing when I purchased the telephone and I was told by the supplier that it was not included - this could be following the missing USB lead with printers!
However, I am really pleased with this lead which took virtually no time to arrive and does a splendid job (as you would expect).

NEW! Gembird MIC-222 Compact Notebook Microphone
NEW! Gembird MIC-222 Compact Notebook Microphone
Offered by Consoletronic Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Mini-mike, 7 Feb. 2011
I wanted an external microphone for my recently purchased Kodak Zi8 HD camera. Didn't want to have to attach leads and hold the mike in my hand. This little beauty fitted my bill perfectly and has very good sound reception. For the price, I can thoroughly recommend this product

Page: 1 | 2 | 3