Profile for Martin Curran > Reviews

Content by Martin Curran

Martin Curran

Hoya 77mm UV Filter
Hoya 77mm UV Filter
Offered by CameraKing (Shipping from UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on, 2 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Hoya 77mm UV Filter (Accessory)
Great build, thin enough to use with ultra wide angle lenses, very little (if any) reflections. Perfect, I use this model on all my lenses. Forget about paying big money for a piece of glass. Wake up to yourself and take your lovely lady or man out for a meal with the money you saved.

Hoya 77mm Circular Polarising Filter
Hoya 77mm Circular Polarising Filter
Offered by CameraKing (Shipping from UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great filter, 2 Jun. 2013
Really well built, thin enough for an ultra wide angle (although one should be careful of weird polarisations on such a lens), and not mega-bucks. I have gone through my filter collection and replaced them all with Hoyas. I've had enough messing about with other things that reflect all sorts of oddities onto my lovely photos. So there.

SanDisk 8GB 45MB/s Extreme HD Video SDHC Card Frustration-Free packaging (Packaging Varies)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great card, 2 Jun. 2013
No messing about with this card. No mishaps after 6 months. Writes RAW files from my Canon 550d apporox. 50% faster than my previous San Disk Ultra card. An upgrade, and perfect for the speed I required.

WD Elements 1TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0/2.0 - Black
WD Elements 1TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0/2.0 - Black
Offered by Digital Components Ltd (dclstore)

5.0 out of 5 stars Class, 2 Jun. 2013
Fab stuff. Used on a mid-2000's Dell PC, no issues at all. Powered from one USB input, virtually silent etc. Great pricing too. It's tiny, just a bit bigger than my (medium sized) phone. The only problem is a flashing access light, which is a bit crap in a dark room. I use a case for it that fits a Nintendo DS when travelling. All in all, the business, even with the flashing light.

Fujifilm USB SD Card Reader For SD/SDHC Cards
Fujifilm USB SD Card Reader For SD/SDHC Cards
Offered by KLT PHOTOGRAPHIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 2 Jun. 2013
Works well, does the trick. Reads SD cards, that's what it's all about. Hopefully, being from a decent company will last some time rather than the last cheap piece of dirt that I bought.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars First rate filter, 2 Jun. 2013
7I had a smaller B&W 10 stop, which I sold when moving up to the bigger lens, so I'm well used to a decent filter. This is, in my opinion, better. When it says no colour cast, it's as near as dammit right. I never noticed one, and if there is one, it may be very slightly cooler, as opposed to the B&W's warm (even brown) cast. Didn't notice any reflections, but wasn't anywhere where this might be a problem.
It's a very decently built and fairly thin (so thin I used it on my Canon EF-S 10-22 without any vignetting). Ticks every box, and less than half the price of the B&W. No complaints at all, I'm a very happy camper. And I've still got money for chips. Excellent!

Hoya 58mm UV(C) Digital HMC Screw-in Filter
Hoya 58mm UV(C) Digital HMC Screw-in Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Very decent filter, 2 Jun. 2013
To be honest I've been having a good look at this issue, and I reckon some manufacturers are having a laugh with the pricing of what is a piece of glass on the front of one's lens. I've always used a UV filter for each lens, but never a mega expensive one. And I've had access to others to test against the Hoya.
Whilst there may be a tiny little bit of reflecting with this guy, it's certainly less than some other manufacturers filters. To be honest, I'm not even sure it's there at all. It could have been a hallucination.
Good solid build and thin enough for my mega wide angle, this is the business. I've got this filter model on all my lenses and I have no complaints at all.

VonHaus Nano 3.0 Media Player- HD TV Digital Mini Media Player - 1080p - MKV - Play any file from USB HDDs/Flashdrives/Memory Cards
Offered by Domu UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Class little box of tech, 2 Jun. 2013
Brilliant little media player which handles just about every file type I've tried (which is certainly not a given with a media player). The remote is not great, and the player emits a blast of blue light that shines straight into one's eyes, but those are the only negatives. Not enough for a four star review, but maybe a four and a half (which was not possible). The player itself is a little lightweight, but grand all the same. Certainly worth the price, and so good I bought another one.