Profile for Bookman > Reviews

Samsung AA59-00790A Remote Control *GENUINE SAMSUNG SPARE PART*
Offered by cherrypickelectronics
Price: 14.06

5.0 out of 5 stars A1, 15 Aug 2014
Perfect replacement delivered on time

The Extra Ordinary Life of Frank Derrick, Age 81
The Extra Ordinary Life of Frank Derrick, Age 81
Price: 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Enchantingly dreary, 29 July 2014
A compelling read with an unusual lead character who defies age stereotypes. He is sharp witted but is blighted by human frailty and vulnerability in a way that makes him accessible to all.

BT 2000 Cordless DECT Phone
BT 2000 Cordless DECT Phone
Offered by liGo
Price: 18.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all, 30 May 2013
Good purchase. Limited ring tones but that doesn't matter to me.
Sound is good - speakerphone is pretty clear, and the range is better than I expected.

Megaman GU10 6 Watt LED PAR16 Dimming 2800 k Light Bulb
Megaman GU10 6 Watt LED PAR16 Dimming 2800 k Light Bulb
Price: 9.59

5.0 out of 5 stars dazzlingly good - without actually dazzling, 30 May 2013
very bright, good warm colour, easy to fit, no problems with dimming and so far proving long lived
Hard to fault

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and yet moving, 21 Jan 2013
The premise of the book is simple and set out succinctly in the book's title. The prose style similarly stripped back and unpretentious. I think this is a key part of the book's charm. The style and simplicity mimic's Harold's very straight-forward way of trying to deal with the psychological scars of some difficult and even tragic experiences throughout his life.
If I've made this novel sound depressing I have misled you. It avoids trowelling on Spielberg schmaltz and comes across as sad yet funny, uplifting and wise.
It's also hard to put down. Thoroughly recommended.

Replacement Fuji / Fujifilm Rechargeable Li-ion Battery NP45 / NP-45 / NP-45A / NP45A for Finepix Digital Camera (Models Stated Below)
Offered by abcproducts
Price: 5.95

1.0 out of 5 stars I got a duff one, 16 May 2011
No doubt the other reviewers had a better experience than I. Mine died after one charge and wouldn't charge at all after that.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2011 7:26 AM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 16 May 2011
Unqualified praise for these tops. They're warm and yet not sweaty. It's the most important thing in the cycling drawer.

Altura Dryline Bar Bag 2012 7 Litres Grey/Black
Altura Dryline Bar Bag 2012 7 Litres Grey/Black
Offered by Fawkes Cycles
Price: 44.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok but two issues, 16 May 2011
I agree with the other reviewer that the map holder flaps about. It's so distracting that I ended up removing it. I use a GPS so this wasn't a big deal for me.

But that wasn't my major complaint. The biggest issue is that the lid of the bag is held down with velcro. It sounds fine but in practice it kept flapping open disgorging the contents of my bag all over the road. Three miles into a 50 mile ride and my sultanas suddenly didn't look so appetising. So I wrapped a bungee cord round the bag and it stopped happening. Now of course you have to get off the bike to open the bag. I wasn't alone in my cycling group to have this problem with the very same bag. If the design team is reading this how about a popper stud or something similar to stop this happening?

Samsung HT-C6500 Blu-Ray 5.1 ch Home Theatre System with Wi Fi
Samsung HT-C6500 Blu-Ray 5.1 ch Home Theatre System with Wi Fi

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware, 12 Jan 2011
I received my product yesterday. Here's the summary:

PROS
It looks and sounds great.
The Blu ray gives very good pictures.

CONS
It's not cheap but I was going with the 'you get what you pay for' philosophy.
The HDMI input ports don't work. I thought I was doing something wrong and spent hours trying to sort this out. I then searched the internet to find that I was not alone in having these problems and that Samsung have had related problems with their HDMI cards for many months across several similar models. I called the Samsung support line regarding my problem and was advised to return the unit. That is what I am doing and I will look for another brand.

Shame- it did look lovely.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2011 10:43 PM GMT

ION Profile LP Vinyl-Archiving Turntable
ION Profile LP Vinyl-Archiving Turntable
Price: 66.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff - simple and it works, 16 May 2010
I was very pleasantly surprised at how easy this was to use. Having used similar products before I was expecting this to be fiddly but the simple software was a delight. Shame my old record collection isn't as great as nostalgia led me to believe.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2010 5:29 PM GMT