Profile for J. R. Works > Reviews

Content by J. R. Works

J. R. Works (Uk)

Stoner: A Novel (Vintage Classics)
Stoner: A Novel (Vintage Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thankyou Ian McEwan, 25 July 2013
I heard Ian McEwan review this on the Today Programme and immediately rushed to get it onto my kindle.How have I missed this stunning novel?Beautifully written,sad yet spiritually uplifting.I disappeared into the book and dreaded finishing it!

Tell A Thousand Lies: A Novel Set In India
Tell A Thousand Lies: A Novel Set In India

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthralling, 10 July 2013
Wonderful heroine.Triumph of the human spirit over adversity.One of those novels that it is difficult to emerge from, having become so deeply engrossed.

The Vital Psoas Muscle: Connecting Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual Well-Being
by Jo Ann Staugaard-Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Very clear and informative, 9 Mar. 2013
Very interested in the work of Liz Koch-through the inspiration of my Pilates teacher.Found this very clear and easy to understand.

The Carrier: Culver Valley Crime Book 8 (Spilling CID series)
The Carrier: Culver Valley Crime Book 8 (Spilling CID series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not her best., 9 Mar. 2013
I love Sophie Hannah's books but I found this one a bit too far fetched.I was pleased that Charlie and Simon seem to be getting
' closer' and that Charlie might possibly get back to being a detective.keep them coming!

Osteopilates: Increase Bone Density, Reduce Fracture Risk, Look and Feel Great
Osteopilates: Increase Bone Density, Reduce Fracture Risk, Look and Feel Great

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugh!, 9 Mar. 2013
Really disliked this.Wish I'd taken notice of other reviews.Very negative and over repetitive.I am a 65 year old pilates teacher and very interested in exercise for osteoporosis.I 'll be doing 'pilates for buff bones 'training in summer.As I read this I thought 'thank god I'm though the menopause otherwise I'd feel like topping myself!' I still have glowing skin;I still look feminine I can run for miles and turn upside down!Not that I am recommending my older clients to do lots of flexion -but please don't let's stop moving!

The Vows of Silence: Simon Serrailler Book 4
The Vows of Silence: Simon Serrailler Book 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Simon Serailler, 24 Dec. 2012
I've just had a run on reading all the books I'd missed in this series.It is good to read them all together as one becomes very involved in the family.Different style of Detective Fiction.Cosy and middle class in some ways but Susan Hill introduces some very painful issues-not just the crimes.I can't wait for the next one.

The Invisible Ones
The Invisible Ones

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 Dec. 2012
After 'The Tenderness of Wolves' this was a very mediocre story.Having said that it was entertaining enough.Don't expect the calibre of 'Tenderness'

Stott Pilates: The Secret To Weight Loss Vol.1 And 2 [DVD]
Stott Pilates: The Secret To Weight Loss Vol.1 And 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stott Pilates

3.0 out of 5 stars Weight Loss Pilates, 20 Jan. 2010
A very clear DVD.As a peronal trainer and Pilates teacher I was looking for ideas.I usually highly rate Stott Pilates but I don't think this will really bring about weight loss!Suitable if you are in need of really gentle exercise.Could be used with obese clients but not a very exciting approach.