Profile for Harry Hausen > Reviews

Content by Harry Hausen

Harry Hausen "bjc@bdc" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Lovecraft Anthology, Vol. 1
The Lovecraft Anthology, Vol. 1
by H. P. Lovecraft

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 Nov 2012
I was really disappointed with this graphic novel. I am a fan of graphic novels and HP Lovecraft's short stories and naturally assumed that I would enjoy this. Whilst the artwork is very good and well suited to the subject matter, these adaptations are just too paper thin. Doing a shortened version of an already short story reduces the menace, atmosphere, horror and in some cases the whole point of the original stories. If they were full length versions they would be much more satisfying, akin to Dark Horse's excellent Conan adaptations.

The Goonies Mug. Sloth Loves Chunk Mug
The Goonies Mug. Sloth Loves Chunk Mug
Offered by Kapow Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Novelty vessel for hot liquids, 26 Nov 2012
This comfortably holds a mug's worth of tea, coffee or hot chocolate without scolding the users hand. It has the added value of featuring a picture of Chunk and Sloth from the motion picture The Goonies. It gave me a warm glow akin to receiving a smile from a rosey cheeked baby.

Project A [DVD]
Project A [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jackie Chan

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the very best, 26 Nov 2012
This review is from: Project A [DVD] (DVD)
If you like Jackie Chan you will love this film. If you like kung fu you will love this film. If you like INCREDIBLE stunts you will love this film. If you like physical comedy you will love this film. Anyone that gives this film less than 4 stars is dead inside. This film is pure sunshine and joy from start to finish. Easily one of Jackie's best films and my favourite that also stars his "brothers" Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao. Only Police Story and Armour of God come close to Project A. Buy it now!

Fisher Price - DC Super Friends - Imaginext - Includes The Joker Mini Figure, Villain Van & The Penguin Mini Figure
Offered by RMIT

1.0 out of 5 stars RRP on this toy is £24.99 NOT £49.99+!, 21 Nov 2012
Rip off Britain at its best. Cashing in by ripping off parents and grandparents up and down the country. Merry Christmas!

Kelly Brook Official Calendar 2013
Kelly Brook Official Calendar 2013
by Danilo
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars She's still got it, 16 Sep 2012
Another sexy calendar from the UK's hottest, naturally "gifted", 30 something. Yes it may lack the "classiness" of previous years, but variety is the spice of life and these pictures are stunning. My only subjective gripe is the use of presumably fake tattoos in a some of the pictures. A rather bizarre way to mar an otherwise faultless natural beauty.

The Mosquito Story
The Mosquito Story
by Martin W. Bowman

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, 6 May 2012
This review is from: The Mosquito Story (Hardcover)
After previously reading and enjoying the Lancaster Story in the same series, I was looking forward to reading about this incredible aircraft. Sadly I was a bit disappointed. I'm not sure if it's the different author's writing story or what, but it really was less engaging. Some nice photos, but I'm sure there are much better books out there on the subject.

Cinema Sex Sirens
Cinema Sex Sirens
by Lee Pfeiffer

4.0 out of 5 stars You will not be disappointed by this book!, 6 May 2012
This review is from: Cinema Sex Sirens (Hardcover)
If you are even thinking about buying this book stop thinking now and just buy it! I bought it as a Christmas present for my dad and it went down well. Better than that, I also enjoyed it myself before wrapping it. They certainly don't make them like thet used to, with the possible exception of Scarlett Johansson!

World War II (Dk Reference)
World War II (Dk Reference)
by H. P. & Cross, Robin & Messenger, Charles Willmott

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent introduction & overview, and a fascinating read, 6 May 2012
I've always been vaguely fascinated by WW2. Like many people of my generation, my grandfather fought in the war. I've seen countless documentaries and war films on TV but wanted to know more about the big picture. Exactly how war came about, how things started, how it all unfolded and what happened when. Many parts were familiar to me but it was very interesting to see everything as a whole. This is a decent sized book, not massive, but not disappointingly small (like my recent Alien Vault). Its very glossy and has plenty of photographs, diagrams, maps and timelines etc. As a publisher, DK has a reputation for well presented books, but I worried that this book might be a bit heavy on presentation and a bit light on detailed text, but I was pleasantly surprised. I would highly recommend this book. I read my copy from cover to cover completely absorbed. I came away with a much greater understanding of why things are the way they are in the modern world.

Kick-Ass [DVD]
Kick-Ass [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chloe Moretz
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure joy on a disc, 28 Nov 2011
This review is from: Kick-Ass [DVD] (DVD)
When I saw this at the cinema, it was one of the most joyous film watching experiences of my 35 years on earth. Quite simply one of the best action comedies ever. The finale is perfect. It might not be suitable of younger viewers, but it is incredible if you like your comedy near the knuckle and your action turned up to 11. Superb.

Official Kelly Brook A3 Calendar 2012
Official Kelly Brook A3 Calendar 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best yet, 28 Nov 2011
It seems that having received Kelly's calendars for quite some years as much appreciated Christmas gifts, that each year alternates between wonderful and disappointing. Well last year was pretty disappointing, but thankflly this year Kelly is back to her best. Gorgeous natural curves. Stunning. I literaaly cannot walk past HMV or Calendar Club shops without popping in for another look!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3