Profile for Harry Hausen > Reviews

Content by Harry Hausen

Harry Hausen "bjc@bdc" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Star Wars: Battlefront (PS4)
Star Wars: Battlefront (PS4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the beta!, 14 Dec. 2015
Aside from the graphics I was unimpressed by the Beta, but being an old school Star Wars nerd in the grip of Star Wars fever I bought it anyway...and I'm glad I did. This game has been given an unfair kicking. It is more than just perfect graphics & sound. Yes the majority of the game is online multiplayer and requires you to either be skilful enough to compete, or at least be patient enough to play the game and get good at it (like the good old days).

However, there are some single player elements that help you get good at the online multiplayer parts. These are split into Training Missions, Battles and Survival Missions. First of all, the training missions are good fun, especially the Speeder Bikes! They are quite easy but offer some challenge in getting all 3 stars for beating time limits and other targets. Best of all you learn how to properly pilot and control the X-wing, Snow Sppeder, AT-ST, etc. In the Beta I'd get into one of these vehicles and last about 20 seconds. However, now I know what they're capable of and I've had my training, I can take out an A-Wing with the AT-ST and down an AT-AT with the snow speeder. Therefore, when I get these vehicles during online play I am able to use them effectively and have a lot more fun. The single player Battles are kind of like the online ones but against AI enemies. The advantage here is being able to practice your aiming skills, learn the pros and cons of each and every blaster etc (yes it DOES make a difference) and you can play as the Heroes for the whole battle if you choose! Luke, Han, Leia, Vader, Emperor & Boba Fett. Practice in single player does make a difference when jumping into the online modes, of which there are several. Droid run, Walker Assault, etc.

Don't be put off by the beta or overly harsh review wanting it to be a single player campaign game (that game is sure to follow), or moaning that its not exactly the same as Battlefield or Call of Duty. There is a LOT of fun to be had here for the Star Wars loving gamer.

Predator - Jessie Ventura Blain Old Painless Minigun Hoodie
Predator - Jessie Ventura Blain Old Painless Minigun Hoodie
Offered by Meta Cortex T-Shirts

1.0 out of 5 stars Innaccurate, 30 Oct. 2015
The problem with this is the gun pictured I'd not ol' painless from Predator. The minigun from Predator is unique in that it has a under the barrel hand grip. The one pictured does not. Ergo it is not the gun from Predator it is merely any old minigun. Fail.

CAT Corey Millennial Shoulder Bag  Anthracite
CAT Corey Millennial Shoulder Bag Anthracite
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality bag, 17 Aug. 2015
Quality bag

Singstar: Ultimate Party (PS4)
Singstar: Ultimate Party (PS4)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor song selection on PS4 (unlike the great selection if you have a PS3), 14 Aug. 2015
This is a good game, but if you have a PS4 you can get hardly any of the songs that you can get on the PS3. I went on the Singstar singstore on my tablet and was impressed to see a huge selection of songs. So I went ahead and bought the game, but when I went to the singstore through my PS4 almost all the songs I wanted were missing. It turns out that almost every song is only available on PS3! For example, on the PS3 you can buy song packs for Bruno Mars, on PS4.....not one Bruno Mars song! On the PS4 there is one Blondie song (not even a good one) and on the PS3 you can get a song pack with all the best Blondie hits (Atomic, Heart of Glass, Hanging on the Telephone, etc) I feel that this PS4 version of the game is an absolute con and a total waste of time. I bought my wife the PS4 specifically for this game and it turns out to be next to worthless. The PS4 has been out long enough for them to have rectified the situation, and they haven't!!! How am I supposed to get all the songs I want for the PS4?!
***UPDATE*** I thought I'd copy and paste this from the official Sony Playstation website: "Seen a PS3 or PS2 SIngStar song (or song pack or disc) that isn't yet available on PS4? This is the place to let everyone know that you'd really like to see it make its way onto our shiny new next gen machines. Please be aware that there is a lengthy process that needs to be followed before a song makes it onto the SingStore, and some songs that were available on other platforms can't be made available on the PS4 even though the SingStar team would love them to be. However! Let's not let that dampen our spirits, list your PS2 and PS3 favourites in here, and who knows, maybe one day we'll see them on the PS4!"

Natural History Museum
Natural History Museum

3.0 out of 5 stars Missed opportuniy, 18 May 2015
This review is from: Natural History Museum (App)
Has limited info on exhibits. Could've been better. Hard to complain when its free...

Montana Swivel Chair White
Montana Swivel Chair White

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern design - quality chair, 18 May 2015
This review is from: Montana Swivel Chair White
Fantastique.

Pacific Wings
Pacific Wings

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 18 May 2015
This review is from: Pacific Wings (App)
Fails to capture the excitement of the old "1942" arcade game that it rips off

NOW TV Smart HD Box Plus 3 Month Entertainment Pass (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by ShopDirect_Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use/set up and loads of quality content!, 20 Feb. 2015
I unreservedly recommend Now TV. As someone that doesn’t have Sky this product is fantastic. I was worried that my broadband might not be up to the job as Youtube and the like are sometimes a bit stuttery on my laptop. However I needn’t have worried as it works a treat, it was obviously my laptop that’s knackered and not the broadband! I wasn’t entirely sure what I was getting when I bought Now TV, it was the lure of the forthcoming Game of Thrones series 5 that drew me in. However, I was pleased to find that as well as the live Sky channels there was also Sky catch up TV (I originally thought the catch up TV bit only referred to BBC iPlayer, etc) AND box sets. There are hundreds of shows to choose from, which for me means (at time of writing) The Walking Dead, 24 Live Another Day, True Detective, Black List, Penny Dreadful, Fortitude, Spartacus 1 - 4, Mad Dogs 1 - 4, etc. Some of the box sets seem to come and go after a while. For example for True Detective season 1 it says it’s coming off in a few weeks time. I guess this is because they have to refresh the content to keep you interested. At least they give you a warning and a countdown. At first it can be a bit confusing to navigate the menus. There are sections like “Most Popular” which will contain 10 - 20 shows, and at first my wife thought there wasn’t much on there in terms of her kind of TV. However, if you browse via the “Genres” section there is a ton of stuff, well over a hundred choices per genre in most cases. She was most interested in the “Romance” and “Documentary” sections. If you wish you had Sky but don’t want to pay (after any introductory offers) £30-£40 a month (and that’s excluding movies & sport!) for the privilege then this is a dream come true at £6.99. It might not have 100s of Sky channels but for me it has all the ones that count and for the kids they even have box sets of Peppa Pig, Ben & Holly, Dora the Explorer etc. PS: You can buy this in Argos for just £19.99!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2015 3:12 PM GMT

Star Wars  Han Solo Black Series Action Figure
Star Wars Han Solo Black Series Action Figure

4.0 out of 5 stars Great figure., 27 Oct. 2014
Figure looks better in the flesh (so to speak) and has great articulation. Like the Darth Maul figure (and unlike most of the other figures) you can get this into some incredible poses.

Official Kelly Brook 2015 A3 Calendar (Calendars 2015)
Official Kelly Brook 2015 A3 Calendar (Calendars 2015)
by Danilo
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Kelly Brook calendar in recent years!, 27 Oct. 2014
This is the best Kelly Brook calendar that I have seen in a long time. Definitely recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4