Profile for Harry Hausen > Reviews

Content by Harry Hausen

Harry Hausen "bjc@bdc" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Natural History Museum
Natural History Museum

3.0 out of 5 stars Missed opportuniy, 18 May 2015
This review is from: Natural History Museum (App)
Has limited info on exhibits. Could've been better. Hard to complain when its free...

Montana Swivel Chair White
Montana Swivel Chair White

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern design - quality chair, 18 May 2015
This review is from: Montana Swivel Chair White
Fantastique.

Pacific Wings
Pacific Wings

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 18 May 2015
This review is from: Pacific Wings (App)
Fails to capture the excitement of the old "1942" arcade game that it rips off

NTVEB3 Now TV box with 3 Month Entertainment Bundle
NTVEB3 Now TV box with 3 Month Entertainment Bundle
Offered by Simply 4 U

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use/set up and loads of quality content!, 20 Feb. 2015
I unreservedly recommend Now TV. As someone that doesn’t have Sky this product is fantastic. I was worried that my broadband might not be up to the job as Youtube and the like are sometimes a bit stuttery on my laptop. However I needn’t have worried as it works a treat, it was obviously my laptop that’s knackered and not the broadband! I wasn’t entirely sure what I was getting when I bought Now TV, it was the lure of the forthcoming Game of Thrones series 5 that drew me in. However, I was pleased to find that as well as the live Sky channels there was also Sky catch up TV (I originally thought the catch up TV bit only referred to BBC iPlayer, etc) AND box sets. There are hundreds of shows to choose from, which for me means (at time of writing) The Walking Dead, 24 Live Another Day, True Detective, Black List, Penny Dreadful, Fortitude, Spartacus 1 - 4, Mad Dogs 1 - 4, etc. Some of the box sets seem to come and go after a while. For example for True Detective season 1 it says it’s coming off in a few weeks time. I guess this is because they have to refresh the content to keep you interested. At least they give you a warning and a countdown. At first it can be a bit confusing to navigate the menus. There are sections like “Most Popular” which will contain 10 - 20 shows, and at first my wife thought there wasn’t much on there in terms of her kind of TV. However, if you browse via the “Genres” section there is a ton of stuff, well over a hundred choices per genre in most cases. She was most interested in the “Romance” and “Documentary” sections. If you wish you had Sky but don’t want to pay (after any introductory offers) £30-£40 a month (and that’s excluding movies & sport!) for the privilege then this is a dream come true at £6.99. It might not have 100s of Sky channels but for me it has all the ones that count and for the kids they even have box sets of Peppa Pig, Ben & Holly, Dora the Explorer etc. PS: You can buy this in Argos for just £19.99!

Star Wars  Han Solo Black Series Action Figure
Star Wars Han Solo Black Series Action Figure

4.0 out of 5 stars Great figure., 27 Oct. 2014
Figure looks better in the flesh (so to speak) and has great articulation. Like the Darth Maul figure (and unlike most of the other figures) you can get this into some incredible poses.

Official Kelly Brook 2015 A3 Calendar (Calendars 2015)
Official Kelly Brook 2015 A3 Calendar (Calendars 2015)
by Danilo
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Kelly Brook calendar in recent years!, 27 Oct. 2014
This is the best Kelly Brook calendar that I have seen in a long time. Definitely recommended.

Philips EcoClassic Halogen Candle Light Bulb - Dimmable (Small Edison Screw B35 E14 28 W), Warm White
Offered by Lamp Specs LLP

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Oct. 2014
No complaints. All of them work!

Disney Frozen Gift Wrap 2 Sheet 2 Tags
Disney Frozen Gift Wrap 2 Sheet 2 Tags
Offered by Goods Online 24/7

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Oct. 2014
Highly recommended. Quality stuff.

Star Wars 'The Black Series' 6-inch Figure: #09 Storm Trooper
Star Wars 'The Black Series' 6-inch Figure: #09 Storm Trooper
Offered by Fun Collectables

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth a penny more than 20 quid., 23 Aug. 2014
None of these figures are worth more than 20.00. I bought my stormtrooper from amazon a couple of days ago when it was 18.00. Now its ovet 21.00 and rising. These are nice figures but smaller than NECA and certainly not worth the ridiculous prices everyone is trying to charge. Hold your nerve people. Dont give in to the scalpers, amazon included!

The Good, The Bad and The Multiplex
The Good, The Bad and The Multiplex
by Mark Kermode

5.0 out of 5 stars A very entertaining read for film nerds, 20 May 2014
I bought this book on a Thursday lunch time (from Poundland no less) and finished it by the Sunday morning. For me this is probably the quickest I've ever read a book! It was funny, informative and very entertaining throughout. I know of Mark Kermode, but I've never been a huge follower of his...until now! Whilst I don't necessarily share his exact film tastes (e.g. his intense love of Silent Running) I did find myself nodding in agreement with almost all of what he had to say about cinema in general, and better still laughed out loud at most of it too. His views on Sex in the City 2 being a particular highlight. Also, he must be one the few film critics who actually belittles the influence of film critics. Anyone who LOVES films, not likes films, but LOVES films will thoroughly enjoy this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4