Profile for Deborah Rey > Reviews

Content by Deborah Rey

Deborah Rey "Deborah" (France)

The Other End of the Rainbow
The Other End of the Rainbow
by David Gardiner

5.0 out of 5 stars Once is not enough, 18 Dec. 2009
Once is not enough? No, it isn't, because every time I read (or rather reread) David Gardiner's superb stories, I enjoy them even more.
This is a book I carry with me almost all the time and one I love giving as a present.
Gems they are, all of them and I can't for the life of me pick one I like best. Some made me laugh, some made me cry, some left me silent. But all of them left me with the feeling I had read something special, read the work of a great story teller.
Ah, I found something I want to especially mention: the intro to every story. Wise, funny, melancholy, something only an author like David Gardiner could think up.

Robin Hood and Friar Tuck: Zombie Killers - A Canterbury Tale
Robin Hood and Friar Tuck: Zombie Killers - A Canterbury Tale
by Paul A. Freeman

5.0 out of 5 stars It takes courage!, 18 Dec. 2009
Yes, it takes courage to recreate a Canterbury Tale, include Robin Hood, Friar Tuck ... and Zombies! It actually takes guts AND a lot of talent.
Paul A. Freeman has both, but most important he has the talent to 'translate' Chaucer's language into the language we all understand and which is real fun to read.
If his higly original version of the Canterbury Tales were to be used in schools, I think young people would go for them, really go for them, and probably love Chaucer's Tales (as much as they'd love Paul A. Freeman's, because I happen to know there's more where this one came from).
I am no longer a child and at my age should frown at the sacrilege of 'using' Chaucer's famous Tales. I don't and I can only recommand this hilarious, but brilliantly written Tale to one and all.
Highly recommend it.

Rachel Sarai's Vineyard
Rachel Sarai's Vineyard
by Deborah Rey

5.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Cover, 22 Oct. 2009
Heavens, never expected to be worth that much money!

BUT

This cover is not the right one! This one belongs to the cover of the new edition, the novel.

ISBN 13: 987-0955543098
10: 0955543096

Rachel Sarai's Vineyard, the novel is available on Amazon.co.uk.

Good luck with selling no 68/100.