Profile for M. Koen > Reviews

Content by M. Koen

M. Koen "All things African" (Somerset, England)

Cursed - ebook: A Jack Nightingale short story
Cursed - ebook: A Jack Nightingale short story

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 27 Oct. 2013
I expected a bit more of the ex policeman behaviour but I got something different which has left me wanting more which is just as well as the way the book ended there are more to come. A bit odd at times but a page turner just the same.

Spider's Web: Spider Shepherd Short Stories
Spider's Web: Spider Shepherd Short Stories

5.0 out of 5 stars I have recently discovered Stephen Leather, 27 Oct. 2013
My husband was given a book by this author as a present and it lay around for months. I picked it up for something to read and now I am hooked. I have read a further 3 of Stephen Leathers books and an on line now looking for more.

Whiskey Rebellion: An Addison Holmes Mystery (Addison Holmes Mysteries Book 1)
Whiskey Rebellion: An Addison Holmes Mystery (Addison Holmes Mysteries Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book, 27 Oct. 2013
It was light hearted but still a bit of a page turner. I will certainly be reading more of this author.

The 18 Rules of Happiness: How to Be Happy
The 18 Rules of Happiness: How to Be Happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 16 Jun. 2013
Although we all know what makes us happy it just confirmed or brought to the front of the brains the confirmation that we know and so can do what we think is for us.

How to be Happy (No Fairy Dust or Moonbeams Required): 10 Simple Tools for a Happier Life (Happiness, Motivation, How To Be Happy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 16 Jun. 2013
Not a long book more of an overview but I really enjoyed it and felt that the information was interesting enough to feel I should pass it to my daughter to read.

The Golden Acorn: Book 1 (UK EDITION) (The Adventures of Jack Brenin)
The Golden Acorn: Book 1 (UK EDITION) (The Adventures of Jack Brenin)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 16 Jun. 2013
Like a cross between Harry Potter and the Phillip Pullman books. Easy reading and enjoyable. I had downloaded it for my grandchildren but I think I read more of it than they did.

Messy Bessie - A Children's Story That Teaches The Value Of Cleanliness!
Messy Bessie - A Children's Story That Teaches The Value Of Cleanliness!

4.0 out of 5 stars Grandchildren enjoyed it., 16 Jun. 2013
Short and easy to manag. We down loaded it for my grand daughter to read in the car and she popped in and out of it during the journey so it was easy to pick up and put down.

A Child's Anti-Slavery Book Containing a Few Words about American Slave Children and Stories of Slave-Life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 16 Jun. 2013
I would not have said it was a childrens book but did raise interesting questions. How true it is I am not sure but from what I have read through in past books I believe it would be.

DAWN FRENCH: Life, Career, Weight Loss
DAWN FRENCH: Life, Career, Weight Loss

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 16 Jun. 2013
I expected it to be written by Dawn and it wasn't I am not sure if it had been approved by her either but it gave me a insight to her life.

I Was Kidnapped by Lesbian Pirates from Outer Space #1
I Was Kidnapped by Lesbian Pirates from Outer Space #1

3.0 out of 5 stars With this title I had to have a read, 16 Jun. 2013
It was what it said in the title. With "plot holes" wouldn't read it again but did make me laugh.`