Profile for Funkyrabbit > Reviews

Content by Funkyrabbit

Funkyrabbit

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Lift the Flap Times Tables Book (Usborne Lift-the-Flap-Books)
Lift the Flap Times Tables Book (Usborne Lift-the-Flap-Books)
by Rosie Dickins
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book. My son loves it., 14 July 2014
My six year old absolutely loves this book. It is full of flaps which he loves as it makes it like a game "reading" this book and he doesn't even realise he is learning his times tables. The book is full of little quizzes which read very much like the maths questions children get later on to solve at school so it is preparing them nicely to understand how times tables are applied. It is the same size and quality as the Look Inside Usbourne books. I would so recommend this book if you are looking for something fun for your child to start taking an interest in their times table.

Human Body Sticker Book (Usborne Sticker Books)
Human Body Sticker Book (Usborne Sticker Books)
by Alex Frith
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 14 July 2014
Another fantastic delivery from Usbourne. Not only it is the nice thick quality pages but lots of information for my child to read as well. Just make sure you pay attention when doing the stickers as they need to go in order. Fab sticker book for my six year old but a nine year old would still love this in my view.

The Killing Club
The Killing Club
Price: 0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Such a let down, not as good as Finch's first two books, 14 July 2014
This review is from: The Killing Club (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely devoured Paul Finch's two previous books, The Stalker and Sacrifice. I loved them and I was so looking forward to this book, I pre-ordered it as soon as I had finished his second books, months before it was due out. Well it was such a let down! It leads on from Sacrifice but Heckenburg is not meant to be on this case. Needless to say he doesn't listen and of course remains the central character in the story. I found it took absolutely ages to set up the plot and it just didn't read well to me at all. I found it hard to follow and from about 40% into the book I was just reading to finish it (as I never like to leave a book unread) not because I was enjoying it. I was hoping it would pick up and deliver the kind of read I expected after Finch's first two books but I am afraid for me it didn't and I was left very disappointed. I would whole-heartedly recommend The Stalkers and Sacrifice but not this one.

Look Behind You
Look Behind You

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book, download it now!, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Look Behind You (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved this book. So well written and whilst I correctly the guessed the end, it did not spoil the book one iota. I loved it and would recommend it. Fantastic read.

Orchard Toys Teddy Bears' Picnic
Orchard Toys Teddy Bears' Picnic
Price: 9.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely jigsaw, 13 July 2014
Beautiful quality jigsaw. This is the perfect size and difficulty for my two and a half year old who has mastered 2 and 3 piece jigsaws and needs a bit of a challenge. He needs help with this so it has life in it. Would definitely recommend.

Orchard Toys Animal Safari
Orchard Toys Animal Safari
Price: 9.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and a good fun., 13 July 2014
This review is from: Orchard Toys Animal Safari (Toy)
This is another fab game from Orchard Toys. I have yet to find one that I don't like and we have many. This is a great game. My two and a half year old can join in (with help) but I can also play it as a more tactical game with my six year old (whose birthday present it was). I would say this is a game from four years up and it is the lovely quality that I have come to expect from Orchard Toys. I would recommend this game. A nice quick game too - can be played in about 10-15 minutes.

Funskool Games Ludo Board Game
Funskool Games Ludo Board Game
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what you expect from a Ludo board., 13 July 2014
This is a good classic. Yeah the board is basic but it is sturdy and bright colours. You can't really make Ludo more than what it is but it is a fab game and family classic in our house. I would recommend this.

Gola Boy's Redford Synthetic Shoulder Messenger Bag
Gola Boy's Redford Synthetic Shoulder Messenger Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 13 July 2014
Love this bag. It is big enough for a sports kit or to carry books to school. Really nice quality and I loved the colours.

Roger Federer Tennis Racket 21"
Roger Federer Tennis Racket 21"
Offered by Only Sportsgear
Price: 20.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality racket and looks great too., 13 July 2014
Super quality racket and the perfect size for my six year old child. Loved it so much that we bought the adult sized version too so we could play together.

Sleep Tight
Sleep Tight
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Sleep Tight (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved this book. It is very much your Gone Girl style book but so much better without the disappointing ending that let Gone Girl down for me. I couldn't put this book down. Nice short chapters too. Fab fab fab, a must read!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6