Profile for Deej > Reviews

Content by Deej

Deej

Page: 1 | 2
Tone Deaf Music Acoustic Guitar Soft Carry Case, 20mm Padding. Gig Bag Suits Most Dreadnought And Smaller Guitars

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent padded guitar case. Snug fit with my guitar and length wise no extra space., 26 Jun. 2012
I was looking for a good case to ship my guitar abroad. I knew this wouldn't provide full protection but was satisfied with this as I will add extra protection. Anyway, my main priority was that the case would fit the guitar and from the reviews it sounded like there wouldn't be any issues what so ever. It turned out that length wise my 'vintage' acoustic did fit but it's defintely a snug fit. Width wise, there's a little room to spare, maybe half an inch on each side. Fitting the way it does is perfect as it won't riggle around but from the reviews was expecting a little extra room. Has great padding all over, good straps and looks great too. Also, space to fit music books and sheet music on the outside, as can be seen on photo. Great Bag but worried me for just a second that it wouldn't fit, due to snug fit, that's why 4 and not 5 but it sounds a lot bigger than other bags.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 5, 2012 4:12 PM BST

Daredevil - Single Disc Edition [2003] [DVD]
Daredevil - Single Disc Edition [2003] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Affleck
Offered by Speedy Wonder

2.0 out of 5 stars too hollywood and too cheesy, 29 Nov. 2011
This is a review of the theatrical version although, I do find it hard to believe the extra scenes in the directors cut would save this film. I am a big comic book fan and I think most of the post 2000 film adaptations of other comic book characters are well done, on the whole (except captain america), but I have to definitely disagree here. The suit is awful, the dialogue atrocious and from a personal point of view, anyone but ben afleck. I think there was an attempt to show the dilemma daredevil has in justifying his violence and vigilantism but overall it was so rushed. They do try and make daredevil a bit too cool and the Kingpin is too weak and 'normal' compared to what he's really supposed to be like. Overall, it was just too cheesy and rushed and I think even when seeing this film, without much knowledge of the comics, it's still comes out as a badly made movie. Trying to see the plus side, Bulleye is played pretty well, although is still given cheesy lines and I suppose for those that don't take it too seriously, enjoy pop action/superhero films and are not too bothered about a decent scrpit, it's probably watchable.

Ginger Snaps [DVD] [2001]
Ginger Snaps [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Emily Perkins
Offered by TwoRedSevens

3.0 out of 5 stars too much about american teenagers and not enough about werewolves, 27 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Ginger Snaps [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
I think that people who prefer the more atmospheric werewolf films that build tension and basically involve the werewolf hunting down it's victims, often in a rural setting, would feel let down by the premise and setting of this film. It's an interesting take on the werewolf genre with a teenage werewolf in suburban america coping with puberty. Generally, there's not enough werewolf scenes and as she slowly becomes a werewolf over some days, she looks more like a sexy vampire, all be it with a tail. Still, it's well paced and well written and I'd expect it would be enjoyed by those that don't mind teen movies. I would say for me it would come after the likes of american werewolf in london, dog soldiers and the re-make of wolf man.

Predator 2 [DVD] [1991]
Predator 2 [DVD] [1991]
Dvd ~ Danny Glover
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars greatly under-rated, 27 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Predator 2 [DVD] [1991] (DVD)
As my review title says, a greatly under-rated film. I am a massive fan of the first one and do defintiely think thats better and that's probably why I give this a 4 out of 5 rather than a 5, if it was the first predator film. It's more raw and violent than the first one, arguably and it's still great action/sci-fi. It's still mysterious despite most people who come to watch this aready knowing about the predator (when I saw the original in the 80's I didn't have a clue what the film was about really, so it really blew me away), with the predator being relatively elusive in it's camo form for the first 45 minutes or so. Also, even though it is a new story it still sticks to some of the winning formula of the first one and by far the second best preadtor film made, to date. Overall, great to see the preadtor in a city setting, hunting down gangsters and being pursued by secret agents and an unwitting police officer (Danny Glover), who I think does a great job.

Our Shadows Will Remain
Our Shadows Will Remain
Offered by dodax-online-uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but his least best album, 8 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Our Shadows Will Remain (Audio CD)
Now, I guess my interest in Joseph's music must be more uncommercial, becuase people seem to agree that this album reaches a greater audience yet it is my least favourite album. I mean, dont get me wrong, it's still good and full of talent and quality, with about 5 stand out tracks but the reason why I don't rate it as high as the others, which are almost all 10/10 is because for me it's less acoustic and a lot more electronic (not in a dancy way) than the others. I guess also for me it's not melodic enough. That's proabably why I think the live, more acoustic versions, are better. Best songs- smile that explodes, leave us alone and even tho.

Overall, still a good album, definitely worth buying if you're a JA fan but if new to him, check out Redemtions Son, Big City Secrets, Come to Where I'm From and pretty much any of his EP's, if you prefer more straight forward acoustic melancholia with an experimental/rock edge.

The Graduation Ceremony
The Graduation Ceremony

4.0 out of 5 stars Yet another amazing album from JA, 8 Aug. 2011
This review is from: The Graduation Ceremony (Audio CD)
Joseph does it again with a great album full of more melancholy and amazingly melodic songs. I'd probably rate this higher than Nuclear Daydream and definitely more than Our Shdaows Will Remain. It's more acoustic than those two and less experimental than many of his other songs. If you're a JA fan, buying this goes without saying. If you're new to the man and you're into melancholy folk rock, think you won't be dissapointed. In fact, if you're anything like me, you'll have discovered one of the greatest singer/song writers in history.

Nevermind
Nevermind
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars it's close to genius, 8 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Nevermind (Audio CD)
I think by now almost everyone looking at this review will know that this album is pretty special and don't think you need to read a great deal of reviews to know that it's worth buying especially if you're into grunge, rock and punk. All the tracks are great but the stand out tracks are 'teen spirit' for it's haunting base line, fantastic intro and chorus and energetic appeal, 'breed and 'territorial pissings' for their pure fast paced punk energy, in bloom for it's great riff and heaviness and 'polly' and 'something in the way for their brutal honesty and melancholy. All the lyrics are intelligent and personal.

I have given this 4/5 and not top rating only for one reason, a personal reason. As a neutral it is undoubtedly 5/5 but for me it is a little on the poppy side. That's why I prefer In Utero as it's more raw and brutal with even better riffage and track structure. Nevermind is the second best of the 3 main albums.

The Pacific: The Complete HBO Series [DVD] [2010]
The Pacific: The Complete HBO Series [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ James Badge Dale
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

3.0 out of 5 stars beautiful to look at but a little boring, 9 Jan. 2011
Like band of brothers, this series is really well shot (mind the pun) and great to look at. Unlike the former series, it doesn't focus on the charcters in as much depth but nevertheless does a good job of helping the viewer get to know the characters. For me the first 3 or 4 episodes are really good (except for the one they recooperate in australia), with brilliant battle scenes. Be warned that there are some really disturbing blood and gore scenes but it has to be expected as it is WAR. As the series continues, the episodes just seem to blend into each other, making each one hard to stand out on it's own and even the battle scenes seem very similar and a bit boring. Generally, the whole series starts out well, then gets pretty boring, especially as as there is too much focus on life away from the battlefield. Won't be enjoyed as much by people who prefer seeing the war mainly from the battlefield but still worth watching.

I, Robot [DVD] [2004]
I, Robot [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Will Smith
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars usual hollywood blockbuster..i.e not very good, 9 Jan. 2011
This review is from: I, Robot [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
I saw this in the cinema, when it came out expecting something pretty good from the decent premise of the movie and advertised special effects. The reality was that it was the usual hollywood tripe that concentrates on image rather than substance and consequently the scrpit is weak and the dialogue boring. Not to mention the product placement in this movie being one of the worst I've ever seen (in terms of how much of it there is) and simply shameful in how blatant it is. On the plus side, the special effects are good (that's where the effort went) and the story line is intriguing, even if, from what i understand, very different from the book.

Worth seeing for younger viewers, possibly for the special effects, if you can sit through the low quaility of the story and generally for those that aren't too bothered about indepth stories and prefer blockbusters to indie-esk films. Not to say all hollywood blockbusters are terrible just becuase they are blockbusters and indie films are good, but the better films do tend to be the latter.

Hotel Alba
Hotel Alba
Offered by CD USA

4.0 out of 5 stars great chill out album, 9 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Hotel Alba (Audio CD)
I got this album quite randomly during my days of obsessively hunting for chill out albums. I had never heard of enders room but read a review of this album on a music magazine left on a train. It arose my curiosity enough for me to purchase it and it certainly did not dissapoint. A really good chill out album that fuses ambient dance, more up tempo beats and jazz, really well togther. Recommended for all those that like musicians like fragile state, nitin sawhney and thievery corporation.

Page: 1 | 2