Profile for Mr Chris Farrell > Reviews

Content by Mr Chris Farrell

Mr Chris Farrell (London United Kingdom)

Road to Perdition
Road to Perdition

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing spell-binding and bewitching score..........., 26 Sept. 2002
This review is from: Road to Perdition (Audio CD)
From the moment the cinema lights dimmed and the orchestra struck up Thomas Newman's magical score, I knew that I'd be online in a few hours ordering my own copy (sad...I know)
And listening to it now at home, it's even more haunting and breath-taking than I remembered.
Thomas Newman is the master of spine-tingling simple melodies, whether it be the heart-breaking 'Brooks was here' scene from the Shawshank Redemption, or the uplifting subtlety of the tv show 'Six Feet Under'.
This (in my opinion) is his most passionate and moving score to date (and he's done many). The cresendo of the strings while argueing with the gentle piano melodies, is a wonder to behold, and will move even the hardest of heart!
The only criticism is the ordering of the CD. There are 3 naff 1940's Rhythm King style tracks (sorry if you're a fan) that totally break the magical and bewitching work that Newman weaves. But it's a small sacrifice to make for a great soundtrack. What's that THUDDD I hear......could it be an Oscar nomination.???? I think so..........