Profile for Glamping Queen > Reviews

Content by Glamping Queen

Glamping Queen

Crocheted Sea Creatures: A Collection of Marine Mates to Make (Knitted)
Crocheted Sea Creatures: A Collection of Marine Mates to Make (Knitted)
by Vanessa Mooncie

5.0 out of 5 stars Another terrific book by Vanessa Mooncie, 19 Sept. 2015
Another terrific book by Vanessa Mooncie - every pattern gives the chance to learn new techniques. Beautifully designed projects which make wonderful heirloom gifts for younger children, and the odd treat for myself! The octopus in particular is stunning - not sure why the publisher didn't put that on the jacket instead of the shark. Vanessa produces by far the best crochet animal patterns out there - I do hope she continues!

Large "Deep Sided" Caged Platform Garden Trolley OT1011 - Includes Liner & Tool Shelf. SPECIAL OFFER!

5.0 out of 5 stars A High Quality Product and Fantastic Customer Service, 15 May 2015
I'm giving this product 5 stars not just because it's great quality but because the customer service is second to none! There are lots of garden trolleys out there, but many of them seem a bit suspect when you read the reviews: incomplete kits, poorly made parts, incomprehensible instructions, no customer support etc. This product is different - yes the kit was missing one vital part, but Ollies Trolleys could not have been more helpful in sorting out the problem: I was dreading that they they were going to ask me to dismantle, repackage and return the kit to replace it with a new one but no, they sent me the spare part. The instructions were pretty good - a bunch of boy scouts put this one together - and the finished item seems sturdy. We're off to camp today and the trolley will be used for lugging heavy kit around the site so that'll be a good test.

The Beat Goes On: The Complete Rebus Stories (A Rebus Novel)
The Beat Goes On: The Complete Rebus Stories (A Rebus Novel)
by Ian Rankin

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously enjoying rediscovering these Rebus tales, 20 April 2015
I'm sure I wasn't alone among Rankin fans in feeling a bit short-changed by this collection, not getting a new full length Rebus novel this year. 'A cynical ploy by his publishers to wring a bit more cash out a loyal readership,' I thought to myself, so I didn't buy this book straight away. But what do I know? Now that I've bought it I am loving it! I know that almost all of the stories have been published elsewhere, but so what? Rebus is just one of those characters you want to spend as much time with as possible and the short story format is a wonderful way for people with a short attention span and no Eng Lit degree (such as myself) to admire Rankin's craft. I hope Rankin enjoys his break, but not for too long - just a wee sabbatical perhaps - because this book has whetted my appetite and I need a new Rebus fix!

Fischer Mens Andy Velouran Slippers  Green Grün (oliv 407) Size: 12 (46 EU)
Fischer Mens Andy Velouran Slippers Green Grün (oliv 407) Size: 12 (46 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - dog proof slippers!, 19 Jun. 2014
My husband lost his last (rather expensive) pair of sheepskin slippers to our dog, who mistook them for small furry animals and demolished them. These suede ones have been extensively gnawed by the new puppy with barely a blemish. They are really tough! They have thick plastic soles so you can wander out to the bin in all weathers and come in a good range of sizes. The price is also attractive. Not beautiful, but very practical.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this bed and sleep like a baby on camp again!, 19 Jun. 2014
I used to be able to sleep like a log on a carry mat, but sadly those days are gone! This bed was a fantastic find and I would highly recommend it. My scout troop refer to it as "the royal bed" and they're not wrong - it's not something you could carry up a mountain (unless you have your own minions) - but it is really comfy and extremely well-made. One great feature is the legs: these can be individually adjusted so that the bed will sit steady on uneven ground. It also comes with an inbuilt pillow and a detachable mattress layer. You'll need a big tent to keep it in but the pads on the bottom of the legs will stop your groundsheet from getting torn. I wouldn't be ashamed to put up an extra house guest on it - it's that good.

Crocheted Wild Animals
Crocheted Wild Animals
by Vanessa Mooncie

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish there were more crochet books as good as this one!, 20 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Crocheted Wild Animals (Paperback)
I learned to crochet a couple of years ago and have been looking for great designs that help me improve my technique. This really is one of the best books I have come across: the animals are super cute, and although they are all completed in very easy double crochet (single crochet if you're American) there's always something new to learn. I made the bunny for my friend's new baby and learned to turn a heal and crochet a pom-pom style tail and have nearly finished the chameleon for another young friend's birthday - this is an awesome project, designed to change colour when turned inside out! I often crochet in our local coffee shop and people have been so fascinated by these lovely designs they often come over and ask if they can have a look! Much of the yarn used is not stuff I have come across but I have been able to easily replace it with alternatives from Rowan and Debbie Bliss. Books like this are the reason why crochet is making a come-back!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Good But Not Great, 27 Feb. 2014
I bought this product to use as an extra large sleeping mat and initially I was very pleased with it. It comes with compaction straps attached so it can be rolled up tightly and stores easily. It can also be folded in two to form an extra thick single mat for winter camping. But the third time I inflated it the internal mat came away from the outer layer and I found I was blowing up an extra large black balloon rather than a sleeping mat. Admittedly this wouldn't have happened if I had allowed the mat to self inflate, but I was disappointed the product failed so quickly. Use with care.