Profile for Jed > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Bosch AMW 10 HS Multi-Tool with Pole Hedgecutter Attachment
Bosch AMW 10 HS Multi-Tool with Pole Hedgecutter Attachment
Price: 119.95

4.0 out of 5 stars As a result the m/c is not at its best when being used at any angle other than near ..., 1 Aug 2014
This is a long reach trimmer and is intended for high cutting. As a result the m/c is not at its best when being used at any angle other than near the vertical. That is one uses it for its intended purpose which is to cut the top of the hedge. If one wishes to cut at shoulder level and below then one should have a m/c something like the Bosch AHS 60; that is how we cope with a very high beech hedge, we have two tools.

In this respect some of the criticisms are unfair as I feel that they are a reflection of the user and not the product. It is powerful and cuts through sturdy growth with ease and it is a far superior m/c to some of the supposed competitors one of which I am about to consign to recycling. You get what you pay for but it is what it is - a heavy tool which must be used with the lanyard and for the purpose for which it is intended.

Asus X102BA 10.1-inch Touchscreen Laptop (Black) - (AMD A4 1200 1.0GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 Home)
Price: 229.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Not too my liking!, 11 Jun 2014
Firstly let me say that one gets what one pays for. I have 2 other ASUS laptops with Windows 7 HP on them and have been delighted with them. This smaller version is of robust construction and with Student version of Office on it is really a bargain at the price. So why such a poor rating?

The trouble is Windows 8.1 and all its idiosyncrasies. I do not have the time or interest to spend hours on trying to understand the operating rigmarole. In spite of having the manual Windows 8.1 for Seniors the system is bewildering and possibly partly to blame for the very sluggish performance of the m/c. I know it is very much an entry level m/c and that I am living in the 'sticks' but this performance is a throw back to yesteryear.The manual tries its best but having to refer to page 57 before one can understand what page 24 is relating, and then go to page ....... and so on ad infinitum and ad nauseam.

All in all if anyone can actually justify the use of Windows 8 as an operating system of superior merit to Windows 7 both to manufacturers and consumers I would be very sceptical of his or her sanity! One reviewer reports that he gave up on the thing and actually gave his m/c away in disgust. I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

First Lessons in Bach Complete: Books I and II for the Piano (Schirmer's Library of Musical Classics)
by Walter Carroll
Price: 5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Just fine, 5 Jun 2014
This book is what I expected. I have Schirmer books of Handel, Mozart etc of some 30 to 40 years vintage. I go for this publisher above all others because of proven cost related to quality of product.

Bosch AHS 70-34 Electric Hedge Cutter
Bosch AHS 70-34 Electric Hedge Cutter
Price: 155.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Proven quality, 13 Dec 2013
This is a splendid tool and is of the same high quality that Bosch seem aways to produce. With such a lrge blade it needs very careful handling and should only be used by the confidnet and competent gardener.

Delivery and packing excellent and I can thoroughly recommend this product and company.

Chapelwood Premium Seed Mix 12.75kg
Chapelwood Premium Seed Mix 12.75kg
Offered by Online Garden Centre
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, 13 Dec 2013
Same review as for black sunflower seeds; oredered before; will order again when this lot is done which should prove relatively soon now!

Chapelwood Black Sunflower Seed 3.5kg
Chapelwood Black Sunflower Seed 3.5kg
Offered by Sam Turner & Sons
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, 13 Dec 2013
Ordered and received same preiously; will order same in future; birds love this and their mixed seed, perhaps too much as they are eating their way rapidly through it.

Place-names in the Landscape
Place-names in the Landscape
by Margaret Gelling

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected and known, 30 Oct 2013
Margaret Gelling's work is well-known in PN study therefore the book is what I expected and what I wanted. The book condition was fair but not annotated, something I do not appreciate unless I've done it myself! Anyone who studies PNs and has Gelling's Sign Posts to the Past needs this book to complement that one and other works on the subject.

WEATHERPROOF CABLE CONNECTOR IP67 GARAGE AND GARDEN
WEATHERPROOF CABLE CONNECTOR IP67 GARAGE AND GARDEN
Offered by Palmer Riley Distribution Ltd
Price: 5.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the thing, 8 Sep 2013
Couldn't find what I wanted in shops locally - we can try and get one for you - and there it was on Amazon and in my hands a couple of days later. Can't beat that can you? Oh, and easy to install.

Our Country Churches and Chapels: Antiquarian, Historical, Ecclesiastical, and Critical Sketches (1872)
by Anthony Hewitson
Price: 26.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate only., 24 Jun 2013
Although the content of this book is all that I expected - had to be as it is an old favourite - the printing is a let down. Thus what wouod have been an excellent review grade has been downgraded to its okay.

I expected the book to have been a reprint but infact it is a scan of the original with all the blemishes which this process can accrue and whilst acceptable in a short paper is not so welcome in book form.

Incdentally my copy is from Kessinger and does not appear to be the same as in the illustration.

Webb 14in Petrol Cylinder Lawnmower
Webb 14in Petrol Cylinder Lawnmower
Offered by Platinum Home and Garden
Price: 599.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect as expected, 7 Jun 2013
Arrived within 18 hours of ordering; well packed and easily removed - if one uses one's brains. Started easily and in operation in minutes. Couldn't ask for a better deal as one site offered same for almost 100 more than paid through Amazon.

Page: 1 | 2