Profile for Five Foot Three Amazonian > Reviews

Content by Five Foot Thre...

Five Foot Three Amazonian "Shay" (London, UK)

Wallpaper* City Guide Stockholm 2011
Wallpaper* City Guide Stockholm 2011
by Wallpaper*

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Sep 2011
What a fantastic little book.

I'm a big fan of this series of travel guides from Phaidon/Wallaper.
Some may argue it's all a bit high-brow but it does have the Wallpaper badge on it afterall.
Frankly it's very informative without being boring. Yes the slant is on architecture but surely architecture must be considered when you look at the character of a city as stunning as Stockholm.

I don't think you would find this a bad buy if you appreciate a all-frills vacation.

Watchmen (2-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2009]
Watchmen (2-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Malin Åkerman
Offered by Films and Figures

5.0 out of 5 stars See It For Yourself, 19 Sep 2011
Based on popular perception, I simply don't understand why this movie isn't rated as one of the best of the superhero genre.

For once, DON'T believe the hype! Zack Snyder has created a movie with depth that is artful and thought-provoking.
OK, perhaps those attributes are due to Alan Moore's fanatstic graphic novel but it's no small feat to translate that masterpiece to the big screen.

Technically the package is brilliant - the dvd image is eye-popping, the sound engineering is a delight and the extra's are superb.

This movie is slick, sexy and intelligent - watch it and discover for yourself.

Iron Man (2-Disc Ultimate Edition) [DVD]
Iron Man (2-Disc Ultimate Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Downey Jr.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb twin disc set!, 14 Jun 2009
Having seen the movie at the cinema I decided there and then that I would purchase the DVD on it's release.

The 2-Disc version is excellent value for money and will not disappoint anyone who enjoyed this mature, well filmed and well characterised comic-book hero movie.

From the moment you slide out the inner cover, (I wont spoil the surprise) you know this is a quality package in your hands. The non-feature film disc is packed chock full of entertaining stuff behind the scenes of the movie.

Thoroughly recommend this product.

Mad Men - Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Mad Men - Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jon Hamm

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 4 May 2009
Ever since I completed all 5 seasons of the brilliant TV Series 'The Wire' I have been looking to fill the gap.
I was recommended 'Mad Men' and I can safely say that my hunger for quality TV has been sated.
Mad Men is a world, (and time) apart from the no-frills look & feel of The Wire, but it is no less addictive. Each episode is like a drip-feed of entertainment that transports you to a time and place I have never been yet can somehow relate to.
You are left wanting more of the intelligent, thought provoking screenplay and cinematic visuals.
It holds a mirror up to society today and I ask myself if things really have moved on...