Profile for nessuk > Reviews

Content by nessuk

nessuk (UK)

Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB SIM-Free - Black
Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB SIM-Free - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Black 32GB iPhone 3GS purchased from "hfx mob" ....., 14 May 2010
I purchased a black 32GB iPhone 3GS from hfx mob a week ago... and not only did I get excellent and courteous service from this store.... I also received an excellent phone/complete entertainment centre for myself and my 1 year old son! I don't know how I'd manage without the iPhone. It's a phone, an iPod (I love the fact that I can go out with the stroller and listen to my podcasts without missing a call) a computer and a personal organiser. It also provides my boy with stories and games to entertain, amuse and relax him.
Great value from hfx mob and an essential item. Thank you very much hfx mob! Due to an error on my part (I gave incorrect seller feedback which I then removed when I discovered my mistake) ... I was unable to replace my feedback for hfx mob. I would hope this goes a little way towards rectifying that.

Musical Mobile Phone [Toy]
Musical Mobile Phone [Toy]

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't possibly go wrong.....!, 28 April 2010
This review is from: Musical Mobile Phone [Toy] (Toy)
This little toy mobile phone was an absolute bargain. Not only is it far *far* more interesting and attractive than a very much more expensive toy phone made by a well known children's toy manufacturer.... it's a fraction of the price too! My one year old son really loves playing with these phones. I bought two... one for him to hold and another for an adult to hold in order that we could have pretend phone conversations with him. Even his much older cousins (9yrs and 11yrs) enjoyed playing with them. Of all his toys, this phone also happens to have the least irritating noises. The icing on the cake (so to speak) .... was that I placed the order for these and received them by post incredibly quickly from Tennessee Twist in only a couple of days!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Purchase!, 4 Dec. 2009
Fantastic quality baby lambskin. Our son loves it. He sleeps wonderfully on this at night and the bonus is that when you travel you can simply roll it up and take it with you... you have your own portable little mattress right there! When travelling we've found that he sleeps really well in unfamiliar surroundings when he has this familiar bedtime 'soother' beneath him.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars A good baby sleeping bag..., 1 Dec. 2009
We ordered two different makes of baby sleeping bag... this one by Slumbersac and another brand known as 'The Dream Bag' The Dream Bag Blue Baby Sleeping Bag Under The Sea 18-36 Months 2.5 Tog. Whilst the Slumbersac is a good basic sleeping bag... The Dream Bag is more refined. The Slumbersac has an printed image on the front of the bag... whereas the The Dream Bag has appliqued designs. Not only that... but the Slumbersac is specifically for children aged 18 - 36 months. The Dream Bag of the same size can also be used for smaller infants (our son is 10 months and was 2 months premature) ... and he fits into the larger Dream Bag as it has poppers to fold the base of it up if there is too much room for your child. I feel that the Dream Bag is a bargain as it can be used for much longer and the quality is better. Both brands of sleeping bags have the full length zip around one side and two poppers on each shoulder for easy access. I really have no other complaints about the Slumbersac as my son is currently fast asleep in it and is perfectly happy and comfortable.

Bumbo Floor Seat - Aqua
Bumbo Floor Seat - Aqua
Offered by UK Surplus Central Ltd - Dispatched Same Day If Order Received By 14:00

1.0 out of 5 stars Minority View, 5 Nov. 2009
The Aqua Bumbo has been sitting mostly unused in the corner of the living room I'm afraid. During the few times our son has used this item, he got very quickly bored of sitting with his legs stuck up horizontally in front of him which is the way the Bumbo makes your baby sit. We bought the play tray to go with it... but even with toys placed on the tray... he would soon burst into tears and quickly learnt to throw his weight backwards to topple himself out.

I would say that the Bumbo, although obviously well-liked by the majority, is not for everyone.

Cloud B Sleep Sheep On The Go
Cloud B Sleep Sheep On The Go

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Purchase!, 25 April 2009
We bought the large Sleep Sheep, and due to it's amazing success, we also bought the smaller "Sleep Sheep On The Go" too ... and they really have been worth their weight in gold. It's become part of our son's bedtime routine (the Sleep Sheep, the Night Light). I appreciate it might not work for every baby... but it certainly has for ours! I would strongly recommend this product to anyone with a new baby (works well on adults too). It makes great sense to try and incorporate it into your child's bedtime routine. Our son already realises that when he hears the Sleep Sheep... it's time to go to bed... and he's only six weeks old! The smaller "Sleep Sheep On The Go" has the nature sound of a stream/babbling brook (with a background of birds) instead of the womb sound of the larger Sleep Sheep. We decided we preferred the stream sound over the womb anyway!

Sleep Sheep by CloudB (Big)
Sleep Sheep by CloudB (Big)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase!, 25 April 2009
We bought the large Sleep Sheep, and due to it's amazing success, we also bought the smaller "Sleep Sheep On The Go" too ... and they really have been worth their weight in gold. It's become part of our son's bedtime routine (the Sleep Sheep, the night light). I appreciate it might not work for every baby... but it certainly has for ours! I would strongly recommend this product to anyone with a new baby (works well on adults too). It makes great sense to try and incorporate it into your child's bedtime routine. Our son already realises that when he hears the Sleep Sheep... it's time to go to bed... and he's only six weeks old!

Fisher-Price Rainforest Open Top Take Along Swing
Fisher-Price Rainforest Open Top Take Along Swing

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made but the motor is irritatingly noisy..., 24 April 2009
We actually bought this chair from Mothercare. Fisher Price Rainforest Take Along Swing Multi It was bought for our son who didn't instantly take to it... neither did we expect him to. He's now six weeks old and quite enjoys 20 minutes every now and then in his swing chair. Disappointingly, the motor for the chair makes a constant whirring and cranking noise which isn't dulled by the (also irritating) 'plinky plonky' sound of the "rainforest songs" which comes with the chair. We chose not to use the accompanying music and just used our own. Sometimes it's also necessary to 'jump start' the swing motion by giving the chair a push to get it started even when you've turned it on. Also, there are five speed settings ... *BUT* there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of difference between them... they all seem fast! If we'd known about the above in advance we wouldn't have bought this swing.
I would recommend doing a better and more detailed comparison of swing chairs before you purchase this one (unlike me) and preferably somewhere quiet too so that you can hear it in action. As a basic swing chair it's fine but it could do with some refinements.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2014 8:54 AM BST