Profile for SomersetDeepak > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Red Wing Boot Oil 97103 All Natural Leather Accessories
Red Wing Boot Oil 97103 All Natural Leather Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite good., 8 Jun. 2016
A very useful item to have around the house to maintain leather.

Great Northern Popcorn 12 Ounce/355ml. Commercial Bar Style Popcorn Popper Machine 12oz

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and Good Looking!, 8 Jun. 2016
We use it in a domestic setting and gets a weekly use while watching tele. The kids never get tired of popcorn. They love the carbs! I always use clarified butter, as the pan remains gunk free and naturally clean. Vegetable oils build up resins and gunk that is hard to clean. The base and side glasses are easy to maintain. The doors are removable. The bowl is removable. The corners of the frame could have been better finished but at this price point I am ok with it. I sanded down and smoothed the sharp aluminium corners. The heating and popping is top notch and there is very little unpopped kernels. I never add sugar for fear of ruining the bowl, also for fear of adding calories. So I add savoury flavours.

The popcorn stored in the base stay crisp and even old soft popcorn gets crisp if you turn the lights on for a couple of hours! This means there is never any wastage. Brilliant!

Seiko Men's 5 Automatic Watch SNXS77
Seiko Men's 5 Automatic Watch SNXS77

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Surprise!, 8 Jun. 2016
Appears to keep the time well. Was a gift from my wife. It may have been from Amazon as the price appears to match. Wow! It is a lot of watch for the money. Amazing value and quality at this price point for an automatic self-winding wrist watch!

The seconds needle appears to keep moving when adjusting time. It appears to have a choice of French language display for days. Almost sent it back because of this, but whichever language is chosen, it stays on it. I have seen brands that alternate two languages between AM and PM everyday. This one just stays on the language that you choose it. Mechanically and automatically. Nice gentle ticking sound of the automatic movement. Once a month adjustment for the date. Appears to hold enough wind to remove during bedtime, however, I do keep mine on overnight in bed as that is my habit. I have not tried removing it for more than 8 hours yet.

The clean click sound made by the crown is reassuring. It appears to be considerably resistant to British weather so far as being caught in a bit of rain is inevitable. My other Swiss watch cannot tolerate being wet in the rain even though it claims to be 5m water resistant. The strap feels light and tinny. It was not easy to pull the pins out to remove links and adjust the size. The pins and the links are rather soft so they are easy to bend. The clasp also feels like it is made of a softer temper of stainless steel whereby it bends quite easily. But they are comfortable to wear. The whole watch is in fact half the weight of my other Swiss watch. The date change and day change is rather rapid just before midnight. There has not been any loss of time and has shown an increase of 15 seconds every day since wearing it. Definitely pleased with the performance so far. Even has a glass back. Not sure how many years it will go before a service, nor am I entirely sure where to send it when it needs one. Should I assume that it is not intended to be serviced when it eventually stops as servicing it might cost more than the watch itself?? Or does Seiko offer a free service like Rotary does? I do not know these answers yet.

The glow in the dark is rather bright, with readable markings, making it even better than my other more expensive automatic watch from Longines which is totally useless in the dark or even in dim light. Also, despite the premium pricing, my Swiss made automatic needs repair, which is why I am completely besotted by this Seiko.

Stubb's Hickory Liquid Smoke 148ml
Stubb's Hickory Liquid Smoke 148ml
Offered by We Luv Shopping

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Taste!, 1 Jun. 2016
Great smoky flavour. I love using it in a variety of dishes, marinades, and even in bread dough.

Actesso Medical Elasticated Thumb Support Brac- Reduces pain from thumb sprains and strains, thumb tendonitis or post operation (Black, Medium Left)
Offered by Actesso Medical Supports Limited

2.0 out of 5 stars Did Not Work For Me, 1 Jun. 2016
Well, it might work for some. It aggravated my problem (inflammation at the base of thumb - xbox gamer's thumb)..
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2016 12:47 PM BST

Tilda Easy Cook Basmati Rice 5 kg
Tilda Easy Cook Basmati Rice 5 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty Way To Stay Slim With Par-Boiled Rice, 1 Jun. 2016
Possibly the best among the easy cook varieties that are available on Amazon. I have been trying a few pre-steamed/par-boiled/easy-cook varieties. This particular brand: Tilda Easy-cook Basmati Rice ranks at the apex, at the very top for now. There are many other varieties from India, the far east, Americas, etc. Out of these total several dozen varieties, only a few are available online for the UK customer. Most people tend to buy the raw rice. Raw rice is fattening, and also lower in the nutritional value. I am not sure why. Various explanations are given, at the end of the day, texture is the biggest difference. I like my rice to have a bite to it. Al dante. I also like the taste, texture, and the aroma of parboiled rice. This Tilda brand scores particularly high in the aroma scale. The grains are shorter and thicker than raw Basmati from Tilda. Not sure how that is so. I personally prefer the aroma and texture of this par-boiled variety. Our family has got leaner after switching to raw rice. I can definitely confirm that parboiled rice is less fattening than raw rice. I would even go on record to say that it helps you loose weight, while retaining the satisfaction of eating rice.

Heera Pooni Boiled Rice 5 kg
Heera Pooni Boiled Rice 5 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Fluffy and Nice Without Fragrance or Flavour., 23 May 2016
It is ok. It lacks any depth of flavour. It has a slightly chalky taste. No fragrance whatsoever. I have tried it once before while travelling and that is how I knew about this variety. On the positive side, it has a great texture and the grains remain separated and fluffy.

Crompton 100w B22 Bayonet Cap Crown Silver
Crompton 100w B22 Bayonet Cap Crown Silver
Offered by Strictly Lamps

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the Tv room., 23 May 2016
A great bulb for having on while watching TV.

Dried Chilli - Genuine Syrian Aleppo Pepper 100g
Dried Chilli - Genuine Syrian Aleppo Pepper 100g
Offered by UK Chilli Seeds / Chilli Wizards

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant Heat., 23 May 2016
Slight rancidity. It would have been amazing if it were fresher and better packed. Great, really amazing flavour. The heat is mild enough that even my children love it on chicken.

Thumb Splint - Thumb immobilisation splint for thumb osteoarthritis, thumb sprains or following thumb surgery. (Medium/Large, left)
Offered by Sports & Medical Bracing Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to immobilise thumb in a way that helps it ..., 23 May 2016
Perfect to immobilise thumb in a way that helps it heal. The first splint from a different manufacturer made things worse for me. This one has helped my basal thumb inflammation, which came from playing too much Xbox, to heal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11