Profile for PAULA EAGLES > Reviews

Content by PAULA EAGLES

PAULA EAGLES

Two Old Fools in Spain Again
Two Old Fools in Spain Again

4.0 out of 5 stars i have enjoyed all Veeky's books 'old fools books' they are easy ..., 26 Aug 2014
i have enjoyed all Veeky's books 'old fools books' they are easy to read and amusing. Looking forward to the next one (hopefully!)

Drunk in Charge of a Foreign Language: The Diary of a Spanish Misadventure
Drunk in Charge of a Foreign Language: The Diary of a Spanish Misadventure

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 July 2014
I really enjoyed this more than I thought I would and Matt was very honest.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2014 10:47 AM BST

Journey To A Dream
Journey To A Dream

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed reading this book and it was interesting to hear ..., 11 July 2014
I enjoyed reading this book and it was interesting to hear about the Galicia region for a change from Andalucía. It sounds a lovely area and I am looking forward to exploring in the near future.

The Eucalyptus Dance
The Eucalyptus Dance

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 11 July 2014
easy read.

The Long and Whining Road
The Long and Whining Road

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 July 2014
very interesting read.

Drunk As A  Skunk, Naked As A Jay Bird, (Brits Abroad Book 1)
Drunk As A Skunk, Naked As A Jay Bird, (Brits Abroad Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars badly written and so many spelling and grammar mistakes I ..., 11 July 2014
badly written and so many spelling and grammar mistakes I found it very difficult to get through. It was so poorly written that it made the book unbelievable. I won't be buying any more of his books. I should have known from the title.

Even More Ketchup than Salsa: The Final Dollop
Even More Ketchup than Salsa: The Final Dollop

4.0 out of 5 stars an entertaining read, 14 Jun 2014
although it wasn't an exciting read it was entertaining and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would from the title. It was a true story so so I think that's what made it a good read. Glad everything worked out ok in the end for them both.

Spanish Journals: The Posthumous Diary of an Expat: Part Three - Consolidation
Spanish Journals: The Posthumous Diary of an Expat: Part Three - Consolidation

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun read and informative too, 2 Jan 2014
all 3 were so funny, enjoyable and informative I really laughed out loud. When's Part 4 coming out please as I need to know what happened next.

Seriously Mum, Where's that Donkey?
Seriously Mum, Where's that Donkey?

4.0 out of 5 stars relaxing gentle informative and entertaining ongoing tale of Alan and Lorna's rural life and work in the Andalucian countryside., 2 Jan 2014
Another easy read and a the 2nd gentle tale of Alan and Lorna's on going new way of life and trials and triumphs in the campo of Cordoba. I really enjoyed hearing about all their animals and the countryside surrounding them and I was interested to hear about their integration into Spanish culture albeit still without mastering the language. It was heartening to hear how the Spanish locals and other expats were helpful and welcoming to them as I'm not sure if the same would have happened in this country. It was also an informative book for anyone considering a visit to Cordoba. We stayed in Cordoba a few years ago and loved it although it was at the hottest time of the year. so I could relate somewhat to his descriptions of the City. Now he has inspired me to want to go back and visit again. Also, I wouldn't mind taking Alan and Lorna up on visiting their Alpaca farm - as a paying guest of course - if we can find it ! (we won't turn up unannounced though so Lorna can make sure she's not caught sunbathing au naturel !)

They work so hard and so I do hope that they succeed in their business venture with the alpaca's and it would be nice to think they will earn enough money to live a little more comfortably in the future. - Paula