Profile for Lesley Edwards > Reviews

Finding a Voice: A Lent Course on the King's Speech
Finding a Voice: A Lent Course on the King's Speech
by Hilary Brand

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 21 Mar 2013
I read this book as part of a Lent course with a small group. The use of the King's Speech film to illustrate how doubts and fears can hold us back, was an excellent idea. The biblical references used show that, as a child of God, we don't need to be led by these fears, but rather by our Heavenly Father, who has given us everything we need to step out in faith and serve him wholeheartedly. The reminders of who we are in Christ are life-changing, and discussing these with others in the group was helpful and encouraging. I would recommend this to anyone who is struggling with a lack of confidence, but also as a whole-church Bible study - I think everyone would grow through applying the truths it contains to their everyday lives.

Inspiring Women Every Day Mar-Apr 2013: The presence of God & Ecclesiastes: searching for meaning

5.0 out of 5 stars A great daily devotional..., 21 Mar 2013
I love the Inspiring Women Every Day daily devotions. The writers are very good and always bring out helpful points which bring the passage to life in an "every day" sense. The notes are inspiring, challenging and prayer-provoking. As a discipleship leader in my church, I would recommend this to anyone who wants to have a deeper walk with God.