Profile for C. Green > Reviews

C. Green (London, UK)

At the Foot of the Sky, Vol. 1
At the Foot of the Sky, Vol. 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, haunting and melodic choral music, 9 Dec 2013
Esenvalds is a most brilliant choral composer. If you've heard his "Passion and Resurrection" and other pieces, you'll know he's a master of melody, crafting gentle yet resonant and haunting choral music.

The recording here is excellent quality, and the State Choir Latvia really do an excellent job. Long Road is a piece I know well, utterly absorbing and magical. The recording on this collection has a most beautiful pipe accompaniment that really enhances the piece.

I only wish there were more recordings of his work.

Lavolta AC Adapter for Cube U30GT U9GT2 Android Tablets - Charger Power Supply
Lavolta AC Adapter for Cube U30GT U9GT2 Android Tablets - Charger Power Supply
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 6 Dec 2013
What a bargain.

So what if you could spend the money on a second-hand Jaguar? This premium-quality Android tablet charger not only charges your device, but does it superbly by cleansing the electrical charge as it enters your device.

Having owned several canvas box prints of Paul Ross, I feel well equipped for reviewing this amazing device.

II
II

4.0 out of 5 stars Great melodies, depth of sound, similar to their first collaboration, 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: II (MP3 Download)
I was put off from buying this by the first (negative) review on Amazon, but then I decided to follow my head and took the plunge. I'm a big fan of their first album "Moderat".

On the whole it's a good album with a range of sound, dusty synths, and pleasantly simple melodies which will have you nodding and bouncing along on your journey to work. I can't find much fault with it, other than you might find the first six tracks are better than the last six. It seems to fade a bit half way through, perhaps out of ideas?

"Ilona" reminds me of Burial, with it's echoed vocals and pacey drums. "Gita" reminds me a bit of modern Bonobo with it's sidechained effects, but it doesn't seem to quite master the sound.

On the whole, it's worth a look, but I would try before you buy.

Chicco KeyFit & KeyFit30 Infant Car Seat Base - Anthracite
Chicco KeyFit & KeyFit30 Infant Car Seat Base - Anthracite

4.0 out of 5 stars A veritable bargain, 18 Nov 2012
I bought a couple of these to use in my platinum-plated Bugatti Veyron. They are excellent at this price, you should snap one up now.

Underrated Silence
Underrated Silence

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not a classic, 7 Mar 2012
This review is from: Underrated Silence (Audio CD)
I've a big fan of Ulrich Schnauss, and this album has his trademark blissful chillout feel. I must admit I'd never heard of Mark Peters, but his guitar touches are present and work seamlessly.

The first track "The Messiah Is Falling" has a nice gentle drop at the start, which almost sets the tone of the whole album. It's like stepping into a world of calm, perfect for a journey home from work. At first listen, some of the tracks might sound a bit simple, but on repeated listening the melodies begin to grow on you. The music becomes almost hypnotic, but I never found it quite as beautiful as his classic "A strangely isolated place".

Notable tracks for me were no. 4 "Yesterday Didn't Exist", which sounds almost like a new Boards of Canada tune. And the last track, "Underrated Silence", is a nice ending to a decent album.

In summary, a nice album which deserves a listen if you enjoyed his previous work.

Best Of
Best Of

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly epic collection, 10 Aug 2009
This review is from: Best Of (Audio CD)
An absolutely perfect selection of their finest tunes - but quite a few new ones that you probably won't have heard, making this a must purchase! It's like being wrapped up in a caramel flavoured sonic pillow.

Their songs are positive, upbeat and amazingly atmospheric, but most importantly they are consistently brilliant. How often can you say that about a dance/trip-hop act? This is the only band that can make me smile on the dreary journey to work.

If you like this, also get their 2CD "The Art Of Chill 5" mix, which features "The Bulgarian State Radio & Television Female Vocal Choir" - which I kid you not is one of the most beautiful choir pieces I've ever heard.