Profile for Reece > Reviews

Content by Reece

Reece

Page: 1 | 2
(K6P) deAO® Luxury Children Kitchen Play Set Cooking Light & Sounds (Pink)
(K6P) deAO® Luxury Children Kitchen Play Set Cooking Light & Sounds (Pink)
Offered by deAO

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Dec 2014
my daughter loves it but not sure how to get tap working where does the water go

Fallout Collection (PC)
Fallout Collection (PC)
Offered by Digitalville UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work entirely, but I'm still more than happy., 17 Oct 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Having bought a new PC, with Windows 7 and such, my old digital copies of these games wouldn't convert to the PC. I'm still not sure why but nevermind, this disc worked, almost. First game I tried was Fallout 2, and to my luck, it worked without question. Then, I tried Fallout (1), oddly this re-installed a program I already had - eventually I had to unistall that program, then with a little help using a disc emulator tool the game installed fine; I did get a little visual error at first, though. Then I tried Fallout: Tactics, to my dismay it didn't and still doesn't work. Oh well, I'm still happy having only paid £5.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, but still an excellent buy, 5 Sep 2012
My younger brother, who's recently found a slight obsession for shooting (using safety equipment), came to me asking for a pack of BB bullets to use for his new gun. It wasn't before long I found and bought this, I mean, 5000 bullets for that price is an excellent buy. My only concern after all of it is the bullets AREN'T gold like advertised, instead they're blue. Not that I'm complaining, it's just if you're looking for specifically gold bullets you'll be disappointed by this product. That's all, I don't really think there's much more to say other than some of the bullets have already been tested and they worked fine.

ASUS VE247H 24 inch LED Widescreen Full HD 1080p Support with HDMI 2ms Response Time Splendid? Video Intelligence Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant quality, brilliant price and overall excellence., 5 Sep 2012
I'll start by saying I have two of these for a dual monitor set-up, I bought them to replace my old Dell 30 inch monitor. To keep it short, I'll just list the pros and cons then have you decide whether it's worth it or not. Personally, I think it's very cheaply priced for what you get.

Here are the pros:-
- The screen quality is brilliant 1920x1080 HD (available in all - HDMI, DVI and VGA).
- The build quality is excellent; I found the stand simple and easy to set-up (by myself) and definitely more than strong to accept the screen's weight.
- The smart menu system it has is good although I'd recommend changing them to your own preference as the standard one doesn't show the screen's full capabilities. I personally use the gaming option with some personal changes on brightness - that's the same for both monitors.

And the cons, there's not many:-
- The gaming preset seems to be the only worth while one. The other's tend to feel like they lack in things outside of their specific area (image quality wise), the gaming one feels as if it works all round, though. Not really a con more of a nitpick.
- I'm not sure if this is the monitors fault or mine but it's worth noting (I'll add this is my first dual monitor set-up). I have one monitor in HDMI and the other in DVI - I have only have one GPU - it seems maybe because of this or just the monitors being different some colours look only slightly different, for example, black is most obvious to notice this as it seems the HDMI one has a slightly less dark black. It's odd but kind of irritating for a perfectionist like myself.

That's about it. It runs in a full 60FPS (no higher, I think) and the quality probably isn't professional enough for a photographer or someone but definitely outstanding to the average user. I use them for every day use, including gaming.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2014 5:34 PM GMT

Logitech Gaming Mouse G700
Logitech Gaming Mouse G700
Offered by Ecomade Arena Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mouse., 8 May 2012
Okay, firstly I'll mention that previous mouses I've had (for gaming purposes, that's why I bought this mouse) have all been wired. But that's always being somewhat of a problem for me, here's why: Mid-game my wire will get stuck or start showing resistance against me. I even got a mouse cord holder to try and stop it but it only stopped it a little, not enough I'm afraid. So in games I play often like Battlefield 3 where timing is everything you can imagine how annoying it is when your wire stops you getting that extra kill.

So naturally this is a breeze of fresh air for me, no wires, no problems. For that reason alone I'm willing to give this a 5 star, but that isn't all; I'll show all my goods and cons below to make it easier. Let's start with cons, they're aren't many:-

- Cons:-
- The scroll wheel hasn't got enough resistance for FPS games, as more of an FPS player I found this a little bit of an inconvenience. Not really a big problem though.
- The sensitivity can be hard to determine "what's what" with-out instructions, I figured it out myself after looking at it for a while but I can imagine how it'd be hard to know what DPI it's on. I normally keep to just two though.
- The mouse is rather big, and heavier than expected. I got lucky as I actually have quite big hands, but if you don't have big hands like myself you'll probably struggle getting used to this mouse.
That's all the cons I can think of, now onto to good things about the mouse.

- Pros:-
- The amount of buttons and possibilities are really easy to determine what's what. You really can understand what button you're pressing without looking at the mouse (and there's 13 buttons to press, not including the power on/off); unlike for example a Razer Naga.
- It has 13 buttons, I've already said this but c'mon, 13 buttons! That's brilliant (if you need 'em). I myself don't even tend to use them all and I already love it.
- No lag, at all. Okay, I have a 30 inch full HD monitor and I cannot notice ANY lag at all on wireless mode. AT ALL. It's really shocking in comparison to some other mouses, I'm really shocked I can't notice lag, even on a screen as big as mine.
- It enables you to go back to wired, it has a cable which is very good if a little thick (and can't be pulled out by accident, I've tested it). This is really cool.
- It works on all surfaces well, I've tried a few and they all work well. I primarily use my SteelSeries QcK Mousepad though. I'd also recommend that if you need a good gaming mousepad, although it is a little big.
- It feels good. This is maybe hard to explain, but this mouse feels good, you can definitely tell it's good quality. I really do love this as some other mouses I've used (even one's much more expensive than this one) don't always have this feature.
- It works well - for me. I could go on forever why it does, but I'm sure you don't really care about why it works well for ME, so this is all.

I'd recommend this mouse to anyone who is like me and needs a wireless mouse for gaming. If you want a wired mouse, I'd recommend a Razer Mamba (wired version). I would've got the wireless version of one of them if they weren't £100. I'm a college student without that kind of budget, unfortunately. Still, this is a brilliant mouse and I doubt I'll be replacing it soon.

Sandisk SDSDB-008G-B35 - SanDisk SDSDB-008G-B35 8GB SD Class 4
Sandisk SDSDB-008G-B35 - SanDisk SDSDB-008G-B35 8GB SD Class 4
Offered by GizzmoHeaven

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a good buy., 7 April 2012
I've been using this along with a new camcorder I just bought, and it's brilliant. There's not really too much to say about this SD card, but it's definitely a good buy if you need an 8GB SD card.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it!, 7 April 2012
A good camcorder/camera for its price definitely, but don't buy this expecting a perfect picture (or an included memory card). The native resolution is 2560x1920, which for a 720 (1240x720) image doesn't look all that great to be honest, but if/once you downsample it it's perfect. I personally really like this camcorder/camera because it's compact, small, cheap and quite well built. I'd recommend it if you're on a budget or don't take pictures/videos often enough to want better quality.

Gigabyte GM-M6800 - Mouse - optical - 5 buttons - wired - USB - noble black(GM-M6800)
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a great mouse!, 7 April 2012
I've been using this mouse for just a little over a week now, I figured I should use it a while before I review it. It has two DPI settings, easily changed with the click of a button, one for normal gaming use and one for normal computer use(I also find myself using the normal computer use for precision shots in games). The mouse has a nice grip and is very responsive, the scroll wheel can feel a little sluggish in normal computer use but in any FPS game you'll see why it's like this. It helps enormously for switching weapons and not jumping back the weapon you wanted. The mouse also has two extra buttons for games, which help a lot! I really would recommend this mouse! For how cheap it is in comparison to how good it is, is amazing.

SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad (Black)
SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a good buy!, 7 April 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Having read the reviews to this mouse pad before buying it I was a little sceptical, because one review describes this mouse pad to be impossible to get flat; a necessity for any mouse pad. Well, to my surprise I didn't have this problem at all and I can say this is definitely worth buying! It came with in two days of delivery and even came with a little sticker, a novelty I know but still somewhat cool. It's very smooth and looks stylish, the only fault I could maybe see is it may be a little too big for me, but that's my fault, there is a smaller version of this mouse pad.

Asus nVIDIA 3D GeForce GTX 550 TI DirectCu Graphics Card (1GB)
Asus nVIDIA 3D GeForce GTX 550 TI DirectCu Graphics Card (1GB)

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishingly amazing!, 18 Mar 2012
If you're on a budget and can't quite afford that GTX 690 I'd definitely recommend this card. It's cheap, reliable and honestly quite impressive. I've used this card to play Battlefield 3, Crysis 2 and others on the highest settings barely going below 40FPS. If that hasn't sold you already, let me remind you on the price; at less than £100 this video-card is a steal! A definite option for anyone who doesn't need to play the most intensive games on maximum settings. I've been using this on a dual monitor 3840x1080 set-up playing various games of all genres almost always on maximum settings for almost a year with absolutely no bugs yet (knowing my luck I'll get a bug or two now). I'll list a few pros and cons below, but first, the card is about 8.5 inches in length and 4.5 inches in height. Also, I've not tried it in 3D so I can't make comment on that.

Pros:-
- It doesn't take up much power at all, I could probably run it on my rig with a 450W PSU.
- It has an unreal amount of power for how little it is in price.
- It's almost silent. I barely hear it when testing it to its fullest ability.

Cons:-
- Not really a con on the GPU but the drivers disc it comes with is outdated (go to the NVIDIA website for drivers).
- The GTX 650Ti outshines now, so it could be said it is somewhat outdated.
- It's no monster. Like I've said before, don't expect this to play your most intensive games on the maximum settings because it won't.

PC Specifications:

Logitech K120 Standard Keyboard
Logitech LS210 Speakers
Turtle Beach X11 Headset

Monitors in use:
ASUS VE247H LED 24-inch monitor (2ms response time, HDMI/DVI/VGA 1920x1080 HD resolution, widescreen, Video Intelligence Technology) x2
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2012 11:54 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2