Profile for SlayerKat > Reviews

Content by SlayerKat

SlayerKat "Geek Mum" (East Sussex, England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Naty by Nature Babycare 12-18 Kg Size 5 Eco Pull On Pants - Pack of 80
Naty by Nature Babycare 12-18 Kg Size 5 Eco Pull On Pants - Pack of 80

4.0 out of 5 stars eco friendly pull ups, 2 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Love these nappies. There is something super special about using eco nappies than the generic disposable variety. They aren't as eco friendly as washable nappies obviously but at least they are a little bit guilt free. They feel very papery in comparison to generic disposables but doesn't mean they perform less well. I found that these pull ons are very low in the rise. This means they don't come up very far over the bum. I would have preferred them to go up more around the waist to prevent poo leaks at the back. Also they are patterned all over. It does have 'back' written on the back but for a quick nappy change I want to tell the front from the back much quicker! I don't want to have to read the nappy each time. That aside they are good nappies. They don't rip easily when being pulled up and down but they rip when you need to take them off - perfect. If you are looking for a more eco friendly alternative to branded pull ups then these are perfect for that in between period from nappies to pants.

Galt Knitting Case
Galt Knitting Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Knitting for kids, 2 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Galt Knitting Case (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a beautiful knitting kit. We also have the sewing kit. Everything you need comes in a gorgeous reusable lockable box. The patterns are easy to follow and my 9 year old has had a wonderful time knitting these projects. A basic knowledge of knitting is helpful and your child may needs lots of support but if you are already a knitter these are lovely projects to do together and introduce your child to knitting with you. My daughter is forever stealing my wool so this was a nice way of giving her her own kit. Would make a lovely gift for a child of a knitter.

Melissa & Doug Reusable Puffy Stickers Dress Up
Melissa & Doug Reusable Puffy Stickers Dress Up

4.0 out of 5 stars reusable stickers, 2 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These sets are really lovely. We already had the Pirate one which my son loved so we got this one for my 9 year old. The stickers are really sweet and well detailed and there are loads of different ways to use them on the background. The stickers are reusable but once they have been stuck to other surfaces like the carpet they become pretty useless. The background board has a carrying handle but the stickers fall off when carried. Would have been better to have a flap or envelope attached to store the stickers in when not in use. Otherwise it's a great toy with lots of play value.

Melissa & Doug Reusable Puffy Stickers Pirate
Melissa & Doug Reusable Puffy Stickers Pirate

4.0 out of 5 stars really fun, 2 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My 6 year old son absolutely loved these. We go them to take on holiday for a long flight but they ended up getting used and lost well before the holiday. The stickers arrive on a sheet and can be peeled off and reused on the cardboard folding background. It has a handle but the stickers still fall off when carried. Best used on a flat surface. My only gripe is that I would have preferred an envelope or something to store the stickers in to stop them falling out when carried. Once the stickers had been used and stuck to other surfaces like the carpet they were pretty useless! But my son got so much fun out of them it was worth it. We loved it so much we got another one for my 9 year old daughter.

Pabobo Automatic Nightlight (White)
Pabobo Automatic Nightlight (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality, 2 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very pleased with this nightlight. Does the job perfectly. Plug it in, switch it on and voila. Job done. It detects light and dark and only comes on when it's dark enough so you can just plug it in and forget about it. We have these all over the house to light up the floor near stairs and hallways etc. It emits a pleasant light, bright enough to light the way but not too bright to dazzle you. It does 'jut' out of the wall quite far so best used when not near any furniture. Would highly recommend and wouldn't hesitate to purchase more.

Trunki PaddlePak Water-Resistant Backpack - Spike the PufferFish (Yellow)
Trunki PaddlePak Water-Resistant Backpack - Spike the PufferFish (Yellow)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for little swimmers, 5 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We absolutely love this swim bag. We have the Trunki boxes so thought this item was a bit different for Trunki to make. A swim bag is a swim bag so wasn't expecting much but it's a fun bag. First the shape is hilarious and you get loads of bemused looks in the pool. The straps are comfy for a 6 year old to wear and much nicer than those swim bags with the thin rope straps that dig in to your shoulders. The rucksack styles is comfy to wear. It fits everything you need at the pool spare clothes and a towel. It has a little tiny pocket where I keep locker money. It's made from a water resistant matarial which is lightweight. The fastening is a bit odd. There is a clip and the bag unrolls but handy for squashing in a wet towel. You could leave it open if overfilled. A great rucksack which will amuse little swimmers.

Galt Sewing Case
Galt Sewing Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for crafty kids, 5 July 2014
This review is from: Galt Sewing Case (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My nine year old daughter was thrilled with this set. It is clearly aimed at girls (which is a shame as boys do sew as well) with the packaging being pinks and purples and contents being quite girly colours and styles. Even the box with carrying handle is a great extra. It's a good quality hard wearing case with metal lock. Perfect for keeping contents in but also will have uses when the ep sewing has been done. There is so much stuff in the box it's brilliant. There are very thorough instructions and everything is included needles, thread, felts stuffing buttons lavender etc. The pictures on the instructions are not so good so my daughter liked to check the pictures on the box to get ideas. She followed the instructions for the house cushion but then went off on her own and did some other things using her imagination and why not! There are so many projects to do that her and her friends have been kept very busy. We were so happy with this set we got the knitting set as well. Note. Scissors are not included you will need some safety scissors for the thread although everything else is pre-cut

Trunki Travel ToyBox (Pink)
Trunki Travel ToyBox (Pink)

4.0 out of 5 stars More than just storage, 27 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Trunki Travel ToyBox (Luggage)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We love this. My son has a traditional trunki and my daughter was envious but as she is 9 we thought she was a little old for a trunki. This toy box is a great compromise. It was a little smaller than I expected but still deep enough to hold lots of Barbies etc. you have to attach the handles yourself but it's a simple job. My daughter now reports after a few weeks of use that the handles don't lock on properly anymore which is annoying. Also,she has used it so much for driving up and down the driveway that it's really scuffed. At the end of the day it is a toy more than the box and she is happy with it so fine,

Galt Toys Folding Trampoline
Galt Toys Folding Trampoline

3.0 out of 5 stars Great when built, 27 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Galt Toys Folding Trampoline (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was under the false illusion that this trampoline was going to arrive folded and need minimal construction. I was wrong. The clue was the very small box it iparrived it. How is there a trampoline in there I think. It's because you have to build the thing from scratch. And it was painful. Each pole slots together with a joiner. And bolts need tightening. But putting the fabric on was the worst! It was so painful and a two man job. You have to knot the bungi rope through the holes and keep,tightening it. I must have got a dozen role burns until I became frustrated and abandoned it. At this point my kids lost interest in watching me trying to put it together and gave up. Eventually hubby finished the job. Calling the trampoline folding is a bit of a misnomer. Yes you can remove the handle bars with a tool and yes you can flip up the feet but it's not easy and fingers get trapped. For all this effort the trampoline gets 1 star. However once it is built it is great and the kids love it. It is sturdy and holds an adult. Galton make quality products and this doesn't disappoint. My children from 6-12 years have enjoyed it. It's been outside for the last few weeks and still looks like new despite inclement weather. I never want to take it down and I never want to build one again. But 2 extra stars for game play and value.

Obersee Kids Pre-School All-In-One Backpack with Cooler Bling Rhinestone Star
Obersee Kids Pre-School All-In-One Backpack with Cooler Bling Rhinestone Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant school bag, 16 Jun. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My 9 year daughter was thrilled when I gave her this bag. Agree with other reviewers that the age suggestion in the description caps the age too young. My daughter has been using this as a school bag for a few weeks now and she loves it. Okay it's very pink and sparkly and girly but my daughter is still at an age where this appeals and she is at primary school. The straps are adjustable and it fits her well (not too tight) with growing room and she is a large 9 year old. She loves the chest clip which spreads the weight of the filled bag and makes it lighter. She says it's really comfortable to wear. There is plenty of internal space for books, packed lunch, coat and a PE kit at a push! Also on the outside there are pockets for contact book and stationery. But best of all my daughter loves the insulated pocket. She puts her fruit and drink in there and it stays cool til lunch time. She thinks its really special because no other bag has this. Carrying strap for hanging up on peg. All round great purchase. You will not be disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20