Profile for SlayerKat > Reviews

Content by SlayerKat

SlayerKat "Desperate Housewife" (London, England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Travalo Pure Essentials Refill Perfume Atomizer
Travalo Pure Essentials Refill Perfume Atomizer
Offered by FragrancesCosmeticsPerfumes

1.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic everyone should have one - Edited, 23 Nov 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Absolutely thrilled to bits with this product. The Travalo is small and light about the size of a lipstick and looks chic. It works brilliantly - only 3 basic instructions on the box and in seconds you have a small travel version of your favourite perfume. You simply lift off the trigger on the perfume bottle and then "pump" the bottom of the Travalo onto the perfume and watch it fill up. Done in seconds easy peasy. I'm keeping my Travalo in my handbag for now but would also be briliant for travelling if like me you don't want to take an expansive larger bottle of your favourite perfume. Would make great stocking filler this Christmas. Buy without disappointment.

Edited: Update Since I first received this and really enjoyed using it I have subsequently found it that it either leaks or the perfume dries up because everytime I go to use it it is empty! Very frustrating as the perfume I put in it is expensive per ml and I am losing it/wasting it. I have decided not to use it anymore so it has gone down to 1 star - what a shame.

Little Bundles Fragrance Free Baby Wipes (Pack of 12--960 Wipes in Total)
Little Bundles Fragrance Free Baby Wipes (Pack of 12--960 Wipes in Total)

3.0 out of 5 stars Average wipes, 15 Nov 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are average wipes. Fairly good value for money. The major gripes for me are that they are not wet enough to do a good bottom clean up so you need to use loads (false economy?) and they are also a little on the small side. Plus points however are they have a pleasant fragrance (although they are supposed to be unfragranced) I'm a little suspicious of the ingredients. They are not the most natural wipes but my son did not experience any adverse affects. They don't tear and they come quickly out of the packet one at a time without too much fuss. Once packet is opened its easy to reseal and doesn't tear but the wipes do go dry very quickly. Not the best wipes I've ever used but not the worst either so 3 stars.

Innoo Tech**Money Maze Coin Box Puzzle Gift Prize Saving Bank White
Innoo Tech**Money Maze Coin Box Puzzle Gift Prize Saving Bank White

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible item AVOID, 15 Oct 2012
I purchased this as a present to trick someone by hiding a £20 note in it. You need to 'solve' the puzzle first to get something in it and to remove the pretend note inside or you can use a slot to post a note. Glad I tried it first because even when you coomplete the puzzle (the solution is on the box) which is adittedly fun the mechanism to open the box was faulty. Can you imagine how frustrating that would be for the recipient? Not part of the plan. It was cheaply made and bad quality. Avoid.

11+ Verbal Reasoning Practice Test Papers: Multiple Choice
11+ Verbal Reasoning Practice Test Papers: Multiple Choice
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 29 Aug 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a must if your child is taking exams before high school and/or the 11 plus. Unlike the The 11+ Verbal Reasoning Practice Book with Assessment Tests (Ages 9-10) which is just a practise book, this products is a folder which includes 4 real multiple-choice test papers. Giving your child a real time exam practise in your own home. Also included in the pack are the answer sheets for each test and a detailed answer book with a full explanation of the answer. Highly recommended.

11+ Verbal Reasoning Practice Book with Assessment Tests (Ages 9-10)
11+ Verbal Reasoning Practice Book with Assessment Tests (Ages 9-10)
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 29 Aug 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm so pleased I came across these books. My son is preparing to take high school exams and this practice book as proved invaluable. It's not possible for me to tutor my son so helping him go through the tests is the next best thing to prepare him for taking exams. there are 7 tests with 60 questions each laid out after five chapters which include the alphabet, making words, word meanings, maths and sequences and logic and coding. Use this book along side The 11+ Verbal Reasoning Practice Test Papers: Multiple Choice

TugTrio 3 Buggy Straps
TugTrio 3 Buggy Straps

4.0 out of 5 stars A parental must, 29 Aug 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Tug buggy strap is an interesting concept. With this triple pack you receive three different coloured and sized straps. Each one is labelled so you know what it's for. They will fit simply any buggy because they fasten with a hook and loop through a metal D bar. Such a simple idea but highly effective. Im actually usig the blue one to reinforce my son's rucksack with reins in case the strap fails. There are probably a million other uses too. One is designed to attach an older child to a buggy so that they don't stray. I can also see a use for attaching your hand to a buggy if you are jogging or going down hill or it's windy! To be fair you could probably make your own at a fraction of the price but if you're like me and can't be bothered then this is just the job.

Press Out Doll - Fairies: 2 Beautiful Dolls and Over 50 Press-Out Clothes (Sticker and Activity Book)
by Igloo Books Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book for little girls, 29 Aug 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely little book for young girls. I gave it to my 7 year old who was delighted with it. As another reviewer has send it kills a few hours during a rainy day. Fluttering Fairies is a short book with over 70 press out pieces (no scissors or glue required and no mess). There are 2 "dolls" to dress up and a there is a little pocket at the back to store the pieces. There is also a very short story and a page to colour in your own dresses. Overall great value for money and would make a nice supplementary gift or going home present at a child's birthday party. Highly recommended.

Ravensburger Aquarelle Maxi World Cities
Ravensburger Aquarelle Maxi World Cities

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for young artists, 16 July 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've had this box a while before we cracked it open but one rainy afternoon it seemed like the perfect activity today. Immediately I was pleased it contained all three pictures because I'd had the crazy notion it might only have one of them in there. Box also contains instructions a double sided paintbrush (good quality) and 5 paints (red, blue, yellow, black and pink), plastic mixing palette, pipette and what I think was a testing board for colours. My daughter (aged 7) and I had great fun with this. We chose a board each and got started. I read the instructions. You put a drop of the water colour paint in the mixer tray and drop in a few drops of water using the pipette. Then we mixed colours using the colour wheel chart in the instructions. There are enough basic colours to make a wide assortment of different shades. Also the bottles are non drip so much less messy than other paint sets. Bit of science involved as my daughter enjoyed creating new colours and learned which colours mixed. The picture boards themselves are on good quality cardstock and as another reviewer has said it's excellent that the raised outlines are enough to prevent going over the lines too much. Very rewarding for a young artist (paint by numbers can be very frustrating). And because it's water colour paints even if you do go over the lines you can just mix in another colour. Once we'd got our colours sorted we starting painting. It was really good fun and very relaxing. I finished my painting in less than hour. Unfortunately my daughter did give up. The tiny paint brush is not ideal for covering large areas but the booklet does say to use a bigger brush for large areas (not included). I was happy using a small brush and taking my time. For an older child this test of patience will be a challenge. The painting dried quickly. I'll put up a picture of my finished "artwork" so you can see. I'm actually quite proud of it. I showed it to a few people who genually thought I'd painted it from scratch must to my amusement before I confessed to my artistic secret. Lids go back on the bottles and the mixing tray washed and ready to put away for another day. Overall it's a great product. Would make a nice gift for a 7-10 year old boy or girl who enjoys activities like this or perhaps a grown up who has never picked up a brush before!
Comment Comment | Permalink

BabyBjorn Booster Chair (White)
BabyBjorn Booster Chair (White)

4.0 out of 5 stars Modern funky booster, 12 July 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this booster because I needed to take something portable on holiday for my 4 year old. I have to admit it's not as compact/bijou as I thought it would be. It's actually quite large but on the plus side it's sturdy and well made. And quality as you would expect from BabyBjorn. It also looks really funky and sleek design and will not be out of place in any dining room. It's also not as light as it looks on the picture and my little boy cannot lift it by himself even though it's pictured as a small child carrying it. It doesn't have a carry handle as such but it has an insert to grip it. This booster seat has an impressive easy install easy release strap (a bit like a car seatbelt) that fits under the chair. You push the dile in and the belt releases and fastens with a buckle. Simply press the knob again to suck the belt back into place to tighten and/or release. There is no back rest or backrest strap but once fitted to the chair it stays put and does not move around. There is also no strap so the child is simply being 'raised up' on the chair and thus the child needs to be safe and able to do this. There is no age range listed here but I think it's more suitable to 3 or 4 year olds upwards definitely not for a smaller child. The booster seats I've used before have always been more compact and easier for travel however they have not been as sturdy or better built for older children as the BabyBjorn Booster Chair. I will take it in the car and it will be ready to use in hotels and restaurants when highchairs are not available or in my case when my son doesn't fit in the highchairs but still needs a 'boost' at the table!

Braun Oral-B TriZone SmartSeries 5000 Five-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush with Wireless Smart Guide (Packaging and Smart Guide Varies)
Offered by EveryDay-Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Clever toothbrush, 12 July 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was really excited about getting this toothbrush. I've been using Braun electric toothbrushes for years and I was curious how they could improve on older models which were already excellent. Improving on the electric toothbrush is like reinventing the wheel! However Braun have successfully added a few little nifty features to this top of the range model. It comes well packaged and easy to set up and get going. In the box you receive the toothbrush handle, spare heads, the detached clock/timer, charging base and detachable spare brush head holder with cover and a plastic travel case. Please note that this toothbrush comes with a 2 pin plug and you will need an adapter (sold seperately).

I prefer the new style base charger which will now no longer work with previous model electric brushes.It has a larger 'pin' which means the toothbrush stays in place during charger and doesn't fall off repeatedly. The toothbrush handle itself is simlar to previous models however it now has no screen which has been replaced with 3 lights to indicated charge, the power button and the button to change modes. All this information is now displayed on the wireless digital clock/timer. There is a sticker which can be used to mount the clock onto the tile but I have just propped it up on the shelf. (It has no back light so can be difficult to view in some lights). Once you have set the clock (batteries included) it displays the time which is a handy feature if you want a clock in the bathroom but otherwise it's just a very expensive clock if you are not bothered about this feature. The clock comes with a removable mount. I think the idea was to stick the mount to the wall and remove the clock each time you brush your teeth but I really can't be bothered to do this.

Charging time is long. I charge it overnight but it lasts for over a week of regular brushing.

Right the brush itself is wonderful. Your teeth feel so clean and fresh. Teeth brushing is not a chore it's a pleasure with this brush. Personally I don't think the effectiveness of the clean is any better than previous models per se however if this is your first electric toothbrush you'll be impressed. If you have a previous model that you are happy with unless you are desperate for the additional features of the clock I don't think it's worth upgrading.

There are 5 modes to choose from. Daily clean, deep clean sensitive whitening and massage. I've tried them all out for the purposes of this review but to be honest the basic daily clean is the best and I haven't used the others since. I have sensitive teeth but found the sensitive just didn't have enough pressure. Whilst you are brushing your teeth the smartguide clock will change and show you a screen with 4 quadrants. Every 30 seconds the toothbrush will briefly pause and the smartguide with fill up a qudrant of the circle to show you have finished that area. This repeats four times until you have done 2 minutes and you get a smiley face and 4 stars. I think this is a bit gimmicky and actually the brush pausing every 30 seconds is sufficient to alert you to move around your mouth. My previous brush had the display on the handle which was annoying to look at so it is handy having the digital display on the cabinet but not essential.

In summary this is a must for outstanding teeth cleaning. You will not get this kind of clean from a manual brush however it loses one star for price. It's expensive for you get. If it saves you money on private dental treatment in the long run it's an investment.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20