Profile for SlayerKat > Reviews

Content by SlayerKat

SlayerKat "Geek Mum" (East Sussex, England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
AmazonBasics Packing Cubes - Medium (4-Piece Set), Black
AmazonBasics Packing Cubes - Medium (4-Piece Set), Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Packing cubes, 24 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'd never heard of packing cubes before so was really intrigued by these from Amazon Basics. They are much smaller than they appear in the picture but still incredibly useful. They are also stretchy but bear in mind if you overfill they will lose their shape and not fit together. It also means they are very soft and fold up small and flat when not in use. Each cube has a see through portion, carrying handle and double all round zip for easy access. Very good value for money.

Command BATH17-ES Large Towel Hook
Command BATH17-ES Large Towel Hook

5.0 out of 5 stars No nails, 20 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've had a few of these hooks and they are great for hanging stuff when you don't want or can't put a nail up. They are temporary enough if you want to be able to take them down but also hard wearing enough to be used permanently. Be sure to follow the simple instructions on the packet to ensure that you get the best stick. This one actually comes apart so you have the hanging portion and a detachable plastic hook. Packaging suggests sticking the hanging bit up alone and leaving it for an hour. I'm using it inside the kitchen cupboard to hang the bag of bags. It's suitBle for uses in rooms that get hot like the bathroom.

Huggies DryNites Bed Mat - 4 Packs (7 Mats Per Pack, 28 Mats Total)
Huggies DryNites Bed Mat - 4 Packs (7 Mats Per Pack, 28 Mats Total)

5.0 out of 5 stars Have many more uses than just for toilet training, 2 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These pads have been a saver at the moment. I don't normally like disposable products for some occasions I can justify it. I'm using the pads on my own bed whilst recovering from childbirth. They are big and cover a large area. They are really absorbent but also thin and soft so you don't really notice you are lying on a pad. They have sticky pads on the back but I've never felt the need to use them as they generally stay put. You could use them under a bed sheet but I've been sleeping straight on top and changing them everyday. Now I'm using them under a sheet in baby's crib as she often spits up in the night. I also use them as they are intended when travelling with my disabled son who is doubly incontinent. The pads are packaged folded up and they are quite small and thin, you can chuck a couple into a suitcase. They are also sturdy enough to withstand a couple of uses. They do not rip, tear or burst. To dispose simply fold up and bin.

SnoozeShade for Infant Car Seats Deluxe - sunshade and sleep aid (Group 0 & 0+)
SnoozeShade for Infant Car Seats Deluxe - sunshade and sleep aid (Group 0 & 0+)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Shade for infant car seats, 30 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've always been a huge fan of SnoozeShades for pushchairs so was delighted to be able to try out a SnoozeShade for the 0 car seat. We are using the Maxi Cosi infant car seat which comes with its own shade however it's not sufficient enough. The SnoozeShade affixes over the whole seat and attaches to the handlebar. It provides great coverage and is wind sun and light rain proof. It also folds small enough to keep in handbag or changing bag and comes with its own mesh pouch. When it's over the car seat you can flip up the panel to reveal a mesh cover to check on baby. As with SnoozeShades for pushchairs I wouldn't say this was an essential baby item (you will manage without it) but if you can get hold of one you will get a lot of use out of it in the first 6 months. The quality is fab and you won't be disappointed.

Huggies Everyday Baby Wipes - 12 Packs (56 Wipes Per Pack, Total 672 Wipes)
Huggies Everyday Baby Wipes - 12 Packs (56 Wipes Per Pack, Total 672 Wipes)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 28 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've always been very happy using Huggies wipes inspite of recent news article citing them as containing dangerous chemicals and even bits of glass! I've never had any problems with the wipes or children having reactions or nappy rash. I always keep a stash of wipes in the house and my changing bag as they are so useful for everything! I have a disabled son who is doubly incontinent so I always needs wipes. The everyday wipes seem to be Huggies budget brand. The packaging implies they are for cleaning hands because of the dirty hands on the girl on the front however if you flip the pack over there are 3 little cartoon pictures of a baby bottom, face and hands which does indeed imply the wipes are suitable for all uses. The pack was difficult to open and the first 2 or 3 wipes I pulled out ripped like tissue! They are not the strongest wipes I've ever used. They are a good size in the hand and suitably most enough for my taste. If you squeeze one hard, you can see the moisture come out but not too wet. They smell nice too. Not chemically. I generally bulk buy Huggies Pure wipes then I can use them on my baby too. Don't think I'd be happy using the everyday wipes on a sensitive baby's bottom. But they are good value for money.

We're in the Wrong Book!
We're in the Wrong Book!
by Richard Byrne

4.0 out of 5 stars A new classic, 24 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was really intrigued by the idea of this book but I didn't find it as exciting as the other reviewers have. I was actually a bit disappointed. The best pages are the puzzle pages. However having said that my 11 year old daughter read it to her younger brother and they both loved it. So it's probably me missing something here. I think you can buy this confidently knowing your child will enjoy it. Read to your preschooler then the language is simple enough for your early reader to read it back to you later. It's a storybook you will treasure.

SnoozeShade Original - the blackout blind for prams & pushchairs (limited edition steel grey trim)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not essential but great product, 7 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
SnoozeShades are brilliant. Don't accept imitations. The original is made from super strong mesh fabric and comes in its own mesh bag for travelling. It folds up really small and will fit in your handbag or changing bag easily. The design is so simple and versatile so it can fit on loads of different brands and styles of pushchairs. I've got it to fit on my 1950s style pram and my tiny Babzen YoYo with the newborn nest by stretching the SnoozeShade over the hood and footmuff and the elasticated sides ends keep it in place. There are also a dozen Velcro loops down each side if you want to attach the SnoozeShade to the buggy side bars. If you have a more active baby securing these tabs will stop baby kicking it off. In the middle if the shade is a zip for peeking in at baby to check on them. The fabric used is breathable but not see through so older babies might get cross if they can't see out. It does protect from wind, chill, sun etc and light rain but you'll still want to use a rain cover.

SnoozeShades are by no means an essential baby item and they are not cheap but are a really great extra and you won't be disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2016 7:36 PM GMT

Command 17804Q-ES Party Mini Spring Clips
Command 17804Q-ES Party Mini Spring Clips

4.0 out of 5 stars Works but you need to buy a few packs to get the full benefit, 3 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These clips are pretty good. I'm a bit disappointed you only get 4 in a pack and only getting 6 sticky pads seems a bit stingy. It's not even enough to use (move) the clips more than once. I was hoping to use them to put up birthday cards but you'd need about 10 packs to get the desired effect! So now my 11 year old daughter has them stuck above her desk for putting notes and pictures up. Such a lovely idea and easy to use. The instructions on the packaging whilst pictorial are a bit rubbish and you'll probably throw the packaging away anyways so it's helpful that the little stickers tell you which side to apply to the clip and which side to apply to the wall. To remove you pull the clear tab downwards vertically hard and it should come away from the wall cleanly. I don't mind using these in the kids bedrooms but I don't think I'd want to use them on posh wallpaper just in case.

New GCSE Maths Edexcel Exam Practice Workbook: Foundation - for the Grade 9-1 Course (with Answers)
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for the new 2016 GCSE intake, 3 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've got this along with the new revision guide. I'm so glad they have updated the book as it's all change for the 2016 intake. They have changed the scoring system too, covering more topics, and squeezing more into the exam. This book covers the topics with practise questions and space to write directly into the workbook. Answers at the back. Your student can dip in and out as and when needed to help revise topics.

New GCSE Maths Edexcel Revision Guide: Foundation - for the Grade 9-1 Course (with Online Edition)
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for new 2016 GCSE prep, 3 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This guide is a must have for preparation for the new GCSE course starting September 2016. Valuable whether it's your first child starting year 10 or a subsequent sibling as so much will be changed about the course. It's all new for everyone including the teaching staff! As a parent, I am still having difficulty getting my head around the new structure however my 14 year old seems happy. The revision guide covers all the new topics with index at the back. It is comprehensive but only dedicates 1 page per topic. It seems too brief but we have to bear in mind that despite coveting X topics over 2 years, the question papers generally only have 1 question per topic! I feel sorry for this generation of Guinea pigs - sorry pupils .. But this guide will help. It also gets bonus points for the free online book version available by registering an account with the publisher and putting in the code from the front of the book. Then the online version can be accessed from a computer or tablet.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20