Profile for Leslie Rowe > Reviews

Momentum
Momentum
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars Momentum Jamie Cullum, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Momentum (Audio CD)
A very enjoyable set of songs which make the listener feel upbeat and happy. It seems to be about the beat with Jame; I suppose he would refer to that as 'rhythm'

Love For Sale
Love For Sale
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Love for Sale by James Torme, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Love For Sale (Audio CD)
Great set of love songs which really help to unwind the listener after a hectic, stressful day at work. Some workmen thought it was Michael Buble. When I told them it was the son of Mel Torme, they looked askance having never heard of Mel. These were men of a similar age to me, so I just looked askanced back at them!

Country Strong [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
Country Strong [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]

4.0 out of 5 stars Country Song review, 5 Mar. 2014
Very pleasant songs that are great for when you feel the need to wind down.. Surprised that Gwyneth Paltrow has such a great voice.

Art Pepper: Unreleased Art Vol. 3, Croydon Concert
Art Pepper: Unreleased Art Vol. 3, Croydon Concert
Offered by HANG LOOSE Records

4.0 out of 5 stars Art Pepper Croydon Concert Review, 5 Mar. 2014
Interesting collection that I'd read about in a Michael Connolly book in which Detective Bosch listened to the music, especially the track 'Patricia' which Art Pepper wrote about his daughter.

Bobby on the Beat: Memoirs of a 1960s London Policeman
Bobby on the Beat: Memoirs of a 1960s London Policeman
by Bob Dixon

4.0 out of 5 stars Bobby on the Beat review, 5 Mar. 2014
Enjoyed this as it brought back memories of stories I heard from my father who was an East End policeman stationed mainly at Forest Gate while we lived in a flat above Ilford Police Station.

The Open Road [1926] [DVD]
The Open Road [1926] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Neil Brand
Offered by A2Z Entertains

3.0 out of 5 stars Review of 'The Open Road'., 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Open Road [1926] [DVD] (DVD)
I chose 'okay' for my review of 'The Open Road' as I saw a copy of this film many years ago on the television. It included clips of Lands End and pictures of a farmer called Mr Eddy.I knew a family called Eddy who owned a farm near Lands End.The original had more film of Cornwall, which is the reason I purchased a copy for myself and my 90 year old Aunt as we are both from Cornwall.
On viewing the newer edition, it seems the scenes about which I was most interested had been edited out.
Having purchased the CD it did say somewhere that the original had been edited, but I did not know that prior to purchasing the DVD and even if it had been stated somewhere, I would not have known it was most of the Cornwall part that was cut out. The DVD is fine. It is just very disappointing on a personal level.