ARRAY(0x9e6a1438)

Peacetime
Peacetime
Price: 10.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Great modern folk album, 31 Aug 2007
This review is from: Peacetime (Audio CD)
I wasn't a big Eddi Reader fan, liked the odd pop thing in the past. But this is a wonderful album. Warm, melodic, clever and intelligent. I came to this through hearing Eddi singing backing vocals on a Kate Rusby album, who is one of my favourites. Kate's partner John McCusker also produces this album and does a really good job he is probably now one the UKs best acoustic and folk producer. The album also has some great musicians playing on it.

If you like contemporary folk, roots and acoustic music such as Kate Rusby or Show of Hands buy this. But don't be put off by the folk tag it's a great album.

Delia's How to Cook Book Three
Delia's How to Cook Book Three
by Delia Smith
Price: 14.29

1.0 out of 5 stars A book too many, 1 April 2003
I'm a huge Delia Fan. She is not a 'fad' chef and she presents good recipes and techniques that give a high changes of succeeding.
I had been bought the previous two books and thought they were great really going back to basics but ending up with some pretty top notch recipes. Well presented and well explained.
However, I think this is one book too many and seems to stretch the concept too far. I particularly feel the the chapters on gadgets is a complete waste of time. I don't want to use the latest must have gadget that look good in the kitchen. And none of the recipes really need the gadgets.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2011 12:15 AM GMT