Profile for Samuel > Reviews

Content by Samuel
Top Reviewer Ranking: 343

Samuel "Samuel"
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Post-it Index Flags 50 per Pack 25mm Yellow Ref 680-5
Post-it Index Flags 50 per Pack 25mm Yellow Ref 680-5
Offered by Hellifield Office Supplies

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It seems that I am ra,ther behind-the-times when it comes to Post-its, as I wasn't previously aware that you could get any Post-it products other than the normal typically-yellow pads of notelets that you can write on and then stick on things.

These flags are designed to stick on the edges of papers or pages in files or books, to mark a location, or draw attention to it. They stick well - well-enough to stay on, but not too much so, so you can remove them fairly easily as well. They're bright, cheerful, and I wish I'd known of their existence years ago; my days of putting odd bits of torn-off scrap paper in books, etc, to mark important pages and passages seems to be well and truly over! Recommended.

Post-it 15mm x 50mm Note Page Markers - Orange/ Green/ Yellow/ Pink/ Neon Pink (100 Sheets)

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It seems that I am rather behind-the-times when it comes to Post-its, as I wasn't previously aware that you could get any Post-it products other than the normal typically-yellow pads of notelets that you can write on and then stick on things.

Post-it Index Flags Arrow Tabs 12 mm (24 of Each Colour) - Green/Yellow/Blue/Red

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Post-it Index 680-R2EU 25mm x 43.2mm Flags Dual Pack in 2 Dispensers - Red (100 Sheets)
Offered by Blitz Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy and essential, 8 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Post-it Index Medium Plastic Dispenser - Purple (Pack of 50)
Post-it Index Medium Plastic Dispenser - Purple (Pack of 50)
Offered by Hellifield Office Supplies

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Rapesco A4+ Popper Wallet Portrait with Press Stud - Clear Transparent, Pack of 5

4.0 out of 5 stars Good wallets - portrait not landscape, 8 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used Rapesco wallets before, and they've always been pretty good - quite strong, close-fastening, and durable. These popper wallets are no exception - they possess exactly the same qualities as I expected.

The unusual thing about these wallets, however, is that the opening is on the short side of the wallet - ie you put papers into the wallet in this shorter end - hence the description of these as 'portrait'. I hadn't realised that when ordering these, but it now seems obvious in hindsight. For me, this has a plus point and a minus point. The plus point is that the contents of the wallet have less chance of falling out, as the opening is smaller .The minus side is that it's all well and good if your papers are A4, but as I've found, if you put a smaller piece of paper inside, you end up having to turn the whole wallet upside down in order to get it out. Not ideal.

Having said that, I really do like these; I've just made a mental note not to put small pieces of paper inside. Recommended.

Liteway Filament 4w ES E27 Golfball LED Bulb, 470 Lumen, Warm White, 40w Traditional Replacement

4.0 out of 5 stars The light fantastic, 8 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm traditionally sceptical of the claims made by lightbulb manufacturers as to how long their products will last. It seems like only yesterday that the curly energy-saving bulbs came out; they cost far more than halogen bulbs, but were claimed to last longer, use less electricity, and thus save money. Not in my experience. The (relatively) new kids on the block are LED light bulbs which replace gas-filled and filament bulbs with... well, bright LEDs. So far my general experience with these has been good.

This Liteway bulbs has been used initially to replace a blown bulb in a desk lamp. It looks very similar to traditional bulbs - more so than LED bulbs we have used previously. The light is very white, and whilst you can't argue that it lights the place up, it does have an element of the Gestapo-interrogation effect about it.

Will the bulb last 20,000 hours as claimed? Well, heaven knows. If on for three hours per day, the bulb should last for 6,667 days - or, putting it another way, somewhere in the region of 20 years. It's obviously impossible to judge the lifespan after only a week or so's use. Good bulbs, recommended; four stars for now, but I'll know sometime in roughly 2036 if it does have the lifespan that is claimed, so will add a star then if this is the case. And if I remember!

Liteway Filament 4w BC B22 Candle LED Bulb, 470 Lumen, Warm White, 40w Traditional Replacement

4.0 out of 5 stars Light fantastic, 8 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

These Liteway bulbs have been used initially to replace blown bulbs in our kitchen. They look very similar to traditional bulbs - more so than LED bulbs we have used previously. The light is quite warm, and certainly doesn't have quite the Gestapo-interrogation effect that some bulbs have.

Will they last 20,000 hours as claimed? Well, heaven knows. I estimate that across the year, the lights in the kitchen will be turned on for three hours per day. This means that they should last for 6,667 days - or, putting it another way, somewhere in the region of 20 years. Good bulbs, recommended; four stars for now, but I'll know sometime in late 2036 if they do have the lifespan that is claimed, so will add a star then if this is the case. And if I remember!

X-Doria Defence H20 Waterproof Protective Cover Case for iPhone 6/6S - Black
X-Doria Defence H20 Waterproof Protective Cover Case for iPhone 6/6S - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Remove the chance of a watery grave, 3 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The problem I've found with previous "waterproof" cases that I've tried is that a) screen responsiveness has been greatly affected, to the point of a touchscreen being unusable, and b) as I have found to my cost, "waterproof" doesn't necessarily mean "waterproof".

This X-Doria case is easy to fit, and having tested it by putting it together and submerging in water before putting my iPhone in it, it certainly seems waterproof.

When actually having the phone inside and using it as intended, I'm pleased to say that the touchscreen still works even when covered -- it's perhaps not as responsive as normal, but I've certainly gotten used to it, and have no complaints.

I've now used the case for almost exactly four weeks, and I'm still really pleased with it. It does add significantly to the size of the phone, but that's to be expected. I haven't purposefully put my phone in water to check that the case is definitely waterproof, but as my pre-test was pretty conclusive, I'm hopeful that should the worst come to the worst, it will be okay.

A good phone case, that I'm confident will protect my £500 phone. Recommended.

Graco Fast Action Fold Travel System (Bowtie Bear)
Graco Fast Action Fold Travel System (Bowtie Bear)

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stroller, but car seat is unusable, 1 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We've found ourself unexpectedly in need of a new pushcair/travel system; having had a Graco one years ago, we thought we'd try this (much updated) one from the same manufacturer.

Having now used it for a couple of weeks, the review can really fall into two parts. Firstly, the stroller is really good. It's sturdy, easy to fold/unfold (literally just a single push and click to open or close it), and is really comfortable for baby. There's a good three-point harness to ensure that there's no chance of it an accident, and despite this being a three-wheeler rather than a four-wheeler, it feels very sturdy and we can't see it tipping over (I've always worried about this with three-wheelers, having spent years watching Del and Rodney driving around in a Reliant on Only Fools & Horses!

Where the system really falls down, however, is the travel seat. The system comes with the seat but without a base, which seems rather odd - as this renders the car seat unusable, and means you have to buy one separately. However, can we find a matching base anywhere? No, not even on the Graco website. Does one actually exist? I'm hoping somebody can enlighten me. As a result, we're using another Graco car-seat (and base), but we would have preferred to use the one as part of this travel system.

If you're after just a really good stroller, then this travel system is very good - you'd be hard-pushed to find one better. If it was marketed as being this alone, then I would have given it four or five stars. However, until we can track down a matching base to the car-seat, I can only give this three stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20