Profile for Mrs. N. J. Chadwick > Reviews

Content by Mrs. N. J. Cha...

Mrs. N. J. Chadwick "N J Chadwick" (Cornwall)

Page: 1 | 2
Swing Seat Hammock with Footrest Wooden Garden Hanging Tree Seat 100x50cm
Swing Seat Hammock with Footrest Wooden Garden Hanging Tree Seat 100x50cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 May 2016
Very popular surprise present for teenage daughter!

Just Contempo Ethnic Elephant Duvet Cover Set, Single, Blue
Just Contempo Ethnic Elephant Duvet Cover Set, Single, Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 19 May 2016
Great design and great value. A little rough quality cotton but pleased with purchase.

Runaway Summer: Volume 1 (Polwenna Bay)
Runaway Summer: Volume 1 (Polwenna Bay)
by Ruth Saberton

5.0 out of 5 stars Summer escapism!, 19 May 2016
A really enjoyable Summer read with sensational, intricate plotting and believable characters that you really care about. 'Runaway Summer' is both serious and witty. It deals with very relevant modern themes such as abuse and post traumatic stress disorder; whilst ultimately being an old-fashioned endearing love story. Perfect escapism! Am about to order Polwenna Bay 2.

House of Crafts Seagrass Stool Kit
House of Crafts Seagrass Stool Kit
Offered by Oxford Toy Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, great fun!, 29 Feb. 2016
My husband and I made this stool about 16 years ago and it is still going strong!! Thinking about making another one as my daughter steals it when we are watching TV.

Dead Romantic
Dead Romantic

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Dead Romantic (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic, genuinely moving narrative with a huge dose of comedy, Saberton's trademark wit!

My Favourite People and Me 1978-1988
My Favourite People and Me 1978-1988
by Alan Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Flashback to 80's and 90's, 18 July 2013
Written with Davies' typical humour! I enjoyed this immensely as it is a mixture of teenage angst, nostalgia and a serious reflection on the 80's in light of our current political climate and ridiculous obsession with celebrity culture. I would recommend this to anyone who hearkens back to the music and sport of this era and bemoans the freedom we all had growing up then!

La Gloire de Mon Père & Le Château de Ma Mère Blu Ray Box Set [Blu-ray]
La Gloire de Mon Père & Le Château de Ma Mère Blu Ray Box Set [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Yves Robert

5.0 out of 5 stars Evocative of another era in France!, 7 Dec. 2012
I have longed to see these films since I first did so nearly 20 years ago. Every bit as stunning and evocative as 'Jean de Florette' and 'Manon des Sources' (very popular films in the late 80's also based on Marcel Pagnol's novels)and conveying all that is wonderful about the landscape of Southern France and the world from a child's perspective. I simply must see these again...

The Worst Journey In The World (Vintage Classics)
The Worst Journey In The World (Vintage Classics)
by Apsley Cherry-Garrard

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant summary of an incredible expedition!, 15 Feb. 2012
I bought this for my husband and he writes: I had recently become interested in polar travel and only knew the basics of the Scott Expedition. This book gives a brilliant overview using extracts of diaries from other members of the expedition including Scott's diary. The story seems to lurch from one disaster or adventure to another and therefore makes the book impossible to put down. Cherry Garrard gives an honest appraisal of the expedition in the end chapter.

Lark Rise to Candleford: Series 2 [DVD] [2009]
Lark Rise to Candleford: Series 2 [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Julia Sawalha

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensational!, 16 April 2010
I love every aspect of this series although it has strayed far from the original book by Flora Thompson. Essential family viewing with outstanding acting from all lead and minor characters. The filming, music, plotting and atmospere are unparalleled in modern television. Do watch the series in order though. I am a huge fan!!!

Candy is Dandy: The Best of Ogden Nash
Candy is Dandy: The Best of Ogden Nash
by Ogden Nash

5.0 out of 5 stars Wondefully modern Nash!, 26 Feb. 2010
I couldn't believe that I hadn't discovered this comic, poetic genius before. I love his playful use of language and how he puts all the pitfalls of modern life into perspective; even though much of his work was written in the first half of the last century! His views on marriage and parenthood are entertaining as well as warm and heartfelt. Ogden Nash makes me laugh out loud and is always surprising.

Page: 1 | 2