Profile for fhiona > Reviews

The Treatment
The Treatment
by Mo Hayder

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 30 Aug. 2011
This review is from: The Treatment (Paperback)
I read this quite a few years ago now but think it's worth sharing my view.
It was the first Mo Hayder book I read and I did find it quite a disturbing and unsettling read but very gripping and kept me hooked. I remember thinking at the time what a great film it would make.
I would like to read it again but I think I must have given away the copy I had-one day I'll buy it again but I have other Hayder books to read first:0)
I'd recommend any of the books of hers I've read : Birdman, Tokyo, Gone and The Treatment

Gone: Jack Caffery series 5
Gone: Jack Caffery series 5
by Mo Hayder

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, 30 Aug. 2011
I found this book enthralling-could hardly put it down. At end of each chapter just wanted to read the next to see what happens.
Read a few Mo Hayder books and will continue to read them cos I've found all of them to be very good.

Quest Handheld Steam Cleaner, 1000 Watt
Quest Handheld Steam Cleaner, 1000 Watt
Offered by deals-direct

3.0 out of 5 stars not strong enough and too small, 11 Aug. 2011
This steam cleaner lost it's pressure too quickly and had to be re filled too often for my liking. It had a good strong jet of steam when it did work ok. The cable is quite short so you'd have to keep unplugging it and moving it even in the same room. I have bought a larger cleaner to replace it.
Having said all this, I think for small jobs or small areas like a caravan or small boat it would be fine.
I must commend the seller too. They dealt with the refund of the item quickly and efficiently and the delivery was swift too.
I give 3 stars cos the item wasn't suitable for my needs but for someone who wants a little cleaner to do small jobs it might suit their purpose.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars not waterproof and not volumising, 18 May 2011
I bought a trial size of this and glad I didn't splash out on the full size.
I have sparse, short, fair eyelashes so wanted a good waterproof mascara for swimming.
On application it's very thin-my eyelashes hardly looked any different, you could hardly see I was wearing it even after 2 coats and using an eye lash curler before applying.
I tested it's waterproof value in the bath later on. Head under water and little spider legs appeared under my eyes when I came out. The bath water was warm, but not over warm, I admit, but I didn't rub my eyes or apply any pressure to them.
I was disappointed it it's ability to coat my eyelashes to any degree, it certainly didn't thicken them at all and for me that's a disaster.
the waterproof claims didn't live up either.
1 star is probably too much but I give it this cos it did colour my eyelashes... but that's it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2011 8:03 PM BST

Adobe Illustrator CS3 How-tos: 100 Essential Techniques
Adobe Illustrator CS3 How-tos: 100 Essential Techniques
by David Karlins

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 7 Mar. 2011
I was struggling to get a grip on Illustrator using free tutorials online so I decided to purchase a book instead. This book helped a lot-so much so it gave me the basics I needed as a vector illustrator switching over from freehand. It taught me exactly as much as I need to know.Great buy!

Hotties Microhottie Microwave Hot Water Bottle - Leopard Print
Hotties Microhottie Microwave Hot Water Bottle - Leopard Print

3.0 out of 5 stars not warm enough, 7 Mar. 2011
This doesn't really heat up enough for me although it does stay warm for quite a long time. I used it to keep my legs warm while working at my computer during winter months.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed in quality, 8 Sept. 2010
the light works fine for the purpose intended but it's very cheap looking. The quality of the finish is plastic and doesn't look very nice at all.
I keep it hid behind my mac when not in use.
I think for the price the quality should be much better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2011 9:20 PM BST

Great New Characters (Design Cube Series)
Great New Characters (Design Cube Series)
by zeixs

3.0 out of 5 stars lots of characters, 24 April 2010
This book is a nice cute little book to look at from the outside (and it's padded). I do have a gripe over it though.The cover suggests there will be lots of cool characters in it but unfortunately there are only a few. The quality of a lot of the work throughout I found quite disappointing.
Go for a Pictoplasma book if you're looking for good characters.

DC Womens Pixie Stars Smu Lace-Up Black/Hot Pink D0302630 5 Uk
DC Womens Pixie Stars Smu Lace-Up Black/Hot Pink D0302630 5 Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars cool shoes, 19 Mar. 2010
My daughter was delighted when these arrived.
Nice and comfy and came with extra laces.

Child of God
Child of God
by Cormac McCarthy

4.0 out of 5 stars a fast read, 16 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Child of God (Paperback)
This book is so short and therefore I read it very quickly. I enjoyed the story line so much better than "All the pretty horses".
The only thing that would have made this book better for me is if the story concentrated more on the main character and his "business" rather than switching between other characters thoughts and anecdotes.
A good story that'll make you want to finish it in one helping :0))

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5