Profile for fhiona > Reviews

Crazy Rumours Collection Brew Lip Balms Apple Spice
Crazy Rumours Collection Brew Lip Balms Apple Spice
Offered by Pure and Natural Brands

5.0 out of 5 stars daughter loves it., 13 Jun 2014
I got this lip balm in a pack of four a while ago and wasn't that keen on the smell. My daughter however loves it so I order this 2nd one. Great product for the lips and added bonus that it's vegan!

The Second Coming
The Second Coming

3.0 out of 5 stars Would have liked a bit more guts, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Second Coming (Kindle Edition)
For me this book relied too heavily on it's forms of inspiration. A good chunk of the book focuses on Jesus entering the "America's got talent" contest and it very much mirrored actual characters from both the UK and US versions of this programme to the point I felt it was very unoriginal-actually using very similar names so it left me in no doubt as to who he was stealing from for his work. It was a parody I know but I would have liked to have seen a bit more originality from the author here. I suppose the character of Jesus, God etc was quite endearing to begin with, being the hippy dudes, but it got a little tiresome for me and felt it was a bit dated. As the story unfolded I also got the impression that he was drawing heavily on other sources of identifiable inspiration. I sometimes felt like I was reading a film script especially near the end-a lot of scenes which I could identify similarities to film scenes from actual films.
It was a bit cheesy in parts and predictable.
In saying all this the story was reasonably good and the premiss ok.
I'm not sure I'd entertain reading one of John Niven's books again.
I would have preferred to have read something a lot darker and more original.

First Sticker Book Market (First Sticker Books)
First Sticker Book Market (First Sticker Books)
by Lucy Bowman

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely!, 13 Jun 2014
the illustrations in this book are so fun and colourful. Will keep kids amused for ages as well as being a good teaching tool.

Original Skin (Ds Aector Mcavoy 2)
Original Skin (Ds Aector Mcavoy 2)

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 14 April 2014
I can't even finish this book which is not my style at all. I just couldn't stand any more of it...the characters, the plot. It was so sluggish and uninteresting, it left me cold. I need something fast paced, intriguing and raw...this is not it. The book is very fixed on the police and their procedures so if you are interested in that go for it. Otherwise steer well clear.The main character was very unlikeable and annoying to me with his constant blushing and irritating family. Go for someone like Mo Hayder instead.
Very disappointed as the description of this book made it seem like it would be good but sadly not for me.

Demarkt Stylish Porcelain Leopard Print Pattern Scarf Shawl Women Chiffon Scarves Wrap Dark Blue
Offered by Demarkt

3.0 out of 5 stars not like the photo here, 14 Mar 2014
I just received this scarf and was surprised to see how different it was to the picture. I particularly liked the dusky blue colour in the photo but this scarf is actually more of a dark air force blue. The pattern ins't that good but when the scarf is wrapped round it actually looks ok. If I'd seen this in a shop I've have given it a passing glance and not have bought it but as it's been an inexpensive purchase I'm not so bothered and will keep it.

Metal Stainless Steel Straight Drinking Straw (Pack of 1)
Metal Stainless Steel Straight Drinking Straw (Pack of 1)
Offered by The Gift Oasis LTD.

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 21 Feb 2014
Just want I was looking for-a reuseable straw. Better for the environment :0))
Came well packaged and in time- so happy.

Betty Hula Anti Bacterial Hand Cream Champagne & Spice 50ml
Betty Hula Anti Bacterial Hand Cream Champagne & Spice 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells amazing!, 23 Dec 2013
I bought the Betty hula oil a while back and wasn't very keen on the smell so was delighted when I bought this. The smell is so different to any other hand cream and it stays smelling nice for ages like a good perfume. Well worth the price and when mine runs out I will definitely be buying more.

Dangerous Liaisons (Les Liaisons Dangereuses)
Dangerous Liaisons (Les Liaisons Dangereuses)

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it!, 7 Oct 2013
Even though it's such an old book and you have to take a bit more time to absorb the details and get to grips with some of the wording it's a wonderful read and fabulous story line.

Creative Lettering
Creative Lettering
by Jenny Doh

4.0 out of 5 stars Good visual reference, 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: Creative Lettering (Paperback)
The main thing I like about this book is the visual aspect and the fact you can read little snippets of information along side the images rather than whole pages of text so it makes for a pretty good visual reference book and this is what I wanted it for-as an inspirational book. If your interest is learning "how to" then you will also find step by step pages and hear from the artists on how they are inspired and the tools they prefer.
It would have been nice to see a few more examples of creative lettering throughout the book and that's why I give it 4 instead of 5 stars.

Philips HR1861 Whole Fruit Juicer - Aluminium
Philips HR1861 Whole Fruit Juicer - Aluminium

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit!, 24 July 2013
I really like this piece of kit. I've been juicing every day since I got it and my 15 year old daughter has too (she likes fruit juices). Even got my husband to try some green juice (with veggies in it) which is saying something! He liked it!
Machine is well made and robust, fits in nicely with the kitchen, is easy to clean by hand (which you will do if you're using everyday anyway) and makes juice super quick.
The Jason Vale recipe book that comes with it is good to get the basics then you can juice whatever you like-experiment. There are loads of sites online giving juice recipes too so no excuse for not finding something you will enjoy drinking regularly.
I really love green juice-refreshing, tangy and not like anything else you can buy.

I found this video helpful with getting hints on how to clean your juicer quickly and efficiently as well as do the juice thing :0)

[...]