Profile for ealing lad > Reviews

Delonghi EN520.W Nespresso Lattissima Plus Coffee Maker - White
Offered by SPARES-2-GO
Price: 199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Dec 2013
I bought this machine about 1 months ago and I can't praise it enough. Looks great on my counter top and takes up hardly any room. We drink mostly milk based drinks in our house so first think I did was change the settings for the latte macchiato as this only gives you an espresso size shot of coffee. We use the Lungo pods and I set it to dispense a lungo shot, then I adjusted the amount a milk. I now get a nice big cup of latte each morning.

Some people complained about the coffee not being hot enough. I always prime the machine before the first use of the day. This means running just the lungo shot through without a pod in it, I then press the clean button on the milk container, this warms the cup before I press the latte button(obviously discard the water first). Coffee comes out nice and hot.
Yes this machine produces quite a lot of foam but as I take sugar in my coffee a quick stir seems to get rid of that. To be honest if you set it to the lowest setting it's not much of a problem.

Cleaning the machine is a breeze. Just dismantle the milk container and stick it in the dishwasher, this can be done once a week. I tend to do it every couple of days, just to keep it nice and clean. All the drip trays and pod containers can go in aw well.

As Nespresso are offering a a 70 gift card with this machine it's turning out to be a bit of a bargain, only problem is I'm now drinking twice as much coffee.