ARRAY(0xa6b55864)

IMG Stageline MD-6500 Stero Headphones
Offered by UKDJ - DFB Sound & Light Warehouse Ltd
Price: 49.04

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Find, 16 Dec 2011
For many years I had been looking for a replacement for my old and trusty Koss Pro 4A headphones. I had tried AKG 141s,being told by a radio professional that they were the best you could buy. I was disappointed by them in that they didn't cling to your ears and therefore the bass sound wasn't very good. Last Christmas I thought I would give myself a treat and bought myself the new Koss Pro 4AAT from Amazon.Again I would have to say that the sound quality wasn't up to the same standard. I bought the Stageline MD6500s new from an outlet and they are the perfect substitute for my old Pro 4As. I listen to music on traditional amps, both new and vintage and they sound great on both. I cannot comment on listening on MP3 or any of the other modern formats, but these are excellent value for money.

Atlantis
Atlantis
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless Tyner, 14 Sep 2011
This review is from: Atlantis (Audio CD)
Finding this album on CD in New York,after having looked for it for years in Europe,is one of my great shopping moments.It was in the days before Amazon. I find it difficult to think of any piece of music,in any musical genre,with a more sensational beginning than the title track. The fact that this is a live performance makes it even more remarkable. This is Tyner in his Coltrane mold draining every ounce of energy from himself and his ensemble. Chillout music it is not, although with a covering of the song "My One and Only Love" the mood does relax. The ability of this man to create brilliantly simple memorable melodies never ceases to amaze me. His level of musicianship is simply staggering!

MCCOY TYNER/_ENLIGHTENMENT
MCCOY TYNER/_ENLIGHTENMENT
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 7.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Melody Maker Supreme, 13 Sep 2010
This was the first album of Tyner's I bought. I had read a review in Melody Maker where adjectives like "devastatingly brilliant" were being used to describe it and the man. I was not disappointed. Just listening to this at home takes your breath away. I imagine that those priveliged enough to have been there consider this one of their great concert experiences. In an attempt to recreate this, all the music played is included. On the original double LP this meant overlapping the music on
sides 2,3 and 4. Therefore the cd is a definite improvement.

There are so many highlights, I'm only going to mention the bass solo by Joony Booth at the beginning of Walk Sprit,Talk Spirit, which acts as an intro. It's so good I sometimes find myself hummimg it! The rest of the music is intense but never anything but melodic. What musicianship!

Living in Barcelona, I have been fortunate enough to see MT on 3 occasions, the last one in July this year. These days he has the physical aspect of an old man due to crippling illness and I got the impression that this would be the last time.
The fact that he played WSTS indicates that he considers it to be one of his favourites. He played like the genius he is

Thanks for everything McCoy.