ARRAY(0xabf2b3cc)

On Air - Live At The BBC Vol 2
On Air - Live At The BBC Vol 2
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Dada dah dada dum dum dum, 20 Nov 2013
I was back to being 16 years old when I use to listen to the Beatles live on radio.
It's lovely to listen to the excellent vocals and superb musicianship of the 4 lads performing for us on live radio.
Brian Matthews did a sterling job presenting the show and allowing the boys' to demonstrate their personaliy, wit and spontaneity to entertain us in our own homes.
Back then, of course, the only daytime TV was the test card. As the song goes 'Video killed the radio star'' - never a truer word said or sung.
This is a fabulous DVD to go along with Volume 1.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2013 12:14 AM GMT

Greatest Hits Vol. 2
Greatest Hits Vol. 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Gimme Gimme Gimme!, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits Vol. 2 (Audio CD)
I bought this CD because the vinyl which I own warped so I couldn't play 'Gimme Gimme a Man after Midnight'
which was considered a bit raunchy when the record was released. I love the disc and everything on it.
What a great band and I'm hoping for a one of reunion of the four on the 40th anniversary of 'Waterloo'
Stick this disc on your player and jig around the house singing while you do your chores.
There isn't a wasted track on it.

The Beatles [VINYL]
The Beatles [VINYL]
Price: 25.26

5.0 out of 5 stars The new vinyl is an improvement, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Beatles [VINYL] (Vinyl)
It's the White Album for heaven's sake. Mere mortals like me can only bow and worship. I just lurv 'Happiness is a Warm Gun'
as well as 'Dear Prudence' and just about all the other stuff. I don't know 'what they were on' when they recorded that daft 'Revolution no. 9' though - what a load of tripe!
I bought the vinyl as a collector's piece and must say that the much thicker material seems much more sturdy and less liable to warp as well as sounding excellent. I've only played it once when I transferred it to Cd which I must say still sounds like a vinyl recording - rich, warm with that lovely 'bristle' between tracks

Simon And Garfunkel: The Concert In Central Park [DVD] [2008]
Simon And Garfunkel: The Concert In Central Park [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Simon & Garfunkel
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back., 20 Nov 2013
A really nice DVD (if you accept that there were no Hi Def cameras way back then)
It's a no nonsense Gig with a one phrase introduction by the Mayor of New York and then we're straight into the action - I like every track and I like the acknowledgement of the session musicians by both Paul and Art.
The technicians on the mixing desk do a sterling job as do the Camera crew who produce a first class Video production.
Look out for the nutter who tried to spoil things - well done the security guy!

Behringer PP400 Microphono Ultra Compact Phono Preamp
Behringer PP400 Microphono Ultra Compact Phono Preamp
Offered by George and Freddie
Price: 15.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, 20 Nov 2013
Make sure you buy some new phono leads to go with this and you won''t be disappointed.
It's straightforward and easy to connect

The Best Of
The Best Of
Price: 5.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Best Of (Audio CD)
These are excellent original recordings. My favourite tracks are 'If you think you know etc" and 'Tumblin in' (Chris Norman & Suzi
Quatro)

Cable Mountain 1m High Quality Gold Plated 2x Phono to 2x Phono RCA Cable
Cable Mountain 1m High Quality Gold Plated 2x Phono to 2x Phono RCA Cable
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best leads I've used, 20 Nov 2013
Arrived promptly. I plugged the leads into a 30 year old system (bedroom) and bingo.
Performance was improved and I can now listen to my vinyl collection upstairs at my leisure while taking a bath.
Remember to switch off the wife for cackle free entertainment.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2014 8:48 PM GMT

Yellow Submarine [VINYL]
Yellow Submarine [VINYL]
Price: 20.65

5.0 out of 5 stars What Can I Say, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: Yellow Submarine [VINYL] (Vinyl)
It's excellent, but I'm a Beatles fan so what else can I say?
I love 'BullDog' - listen carefully to John & Paul's interaction on a track recorded live, and, it you can finf it, listen to what Paul says about it. I love the George Martin stuff on side 2.
Anyway watch the Movie (superb) then listen to the album - it's the only way to do it!

Anti-Static LP Inner Record Sleeves Pack of 50
Anti-Static LP Inner Record Sleeves Pack of 50
Offered by divineaudio
Price: 16.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Replace worn out inner sleeve, 20 Nov 2013
It does what it says on the tine - it cuts out the static reducing spikes of noise which can spoil the listening experience.
Care must be used when inserting the anti static sleeve and disc into the outer cover as the sleeve is easily creasable.
I wish the sleeve had some sort of folding lip which enclosed the disc completely.
I tend to use the sleeve for anti static measure but still inside a paper innersleeve for ease of handling.

Citronic USB Phono Line RCA Adapter analogue digital
Citronic USB Phono Line RCA Adapter analogue digital
Offered by Inta-Audio
Price: 28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My LPs sound better (to me) on CD than the CDs I already own., 20 Nov 2013
The product itself is simplicity itself to use and the quality of the final result is excellent. Because of my profession as a Cameraman/Video editor I find it better to export the output as a compression free .wav file to my own editing software then save the edited files as well as outputting to CD. I'm sure the software provided with the capture device will be fine but I'm too lazy to delve into it. ps. I've neve got into MP3 files but I'm sure that's to my detriment.
Ok, I can hear you saying "This bloke's off his trolley" but let me add - 1. The LPs which I've transferred to CD are pretty much perfect. 2. I record an LP one side at a time and then edit them into single tracks, the beauty being of course is that you only need transfer the tracks that you like. Listening to LPs can be chronic if only 4 or 5 tracks are to your liking. I've just transferred tracks for 5 Motown discs on to one CD - Wow, what a listen it is!
I've now transferred successfully around 45 LPs, only another 300 to go!
Another ps. Listening to the converted tracks of cd is like listening to the LP - you get that lovely 'bristle' between tracks as well as the rich vinyl tones.

Page: 1 | 2