Profile for redpixie > Reviews

Offered by Art - Drawing Office
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product - No Frills, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: French Curves
This does exactly what it says on the tin! It is not attractively packaged - coming through looking like a 5 year olds geometry set but hey, it does the job and, for the price, is fine.

Blephagel Tube 40g
Blephagel Tube 40g
Offered by MyEyes Opticians Ltd
Price: 12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars For my Dad, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: Blephagel Tube 40g (Personal Care)
I ordered this for my Dad, who has problems with his eyes. He is getting on well with the product. It was reasonably priced and was dispatched quickly. I will be re-ordering from this supplier in the future.

THE DIVINE COMEDY OF DANTE ALIGHIERI (all three books)
THE DIVINE COMEDY OF DANTE ALIGHIERI (all three books)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars For My Son, 12 Mar 2013
My son received a Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas and is currently setting about filling it with books. What is lovely is that there are so many free e-books which makes his collection of classics much easier to come by. This is a collection of the three books that make up the Divine Comedy and is perfect.

Austerity Housekeeping
Austerity Housekeeping
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice and tips in one place, 25 Jan 2013
It isn't getting easier, indeed, it is just getting harder and harder nowadays to make ends meet so this book is excellent in providing a 'go to' place to get advice. I have found myself relying more and more on those tips and frugal ways that my mother and grandmother's used before me to stretch there weekly budget, do more with what they had, indeed, to make do and mend. It is not an old fashioned approach - this is a modern help guide - focused on those problems that are affecting us today and providing suitable, appropriate tips.

In fact, it shouldn't really matter whether you are struggling in this terrible economic climate we have at the moment - this is a book about being careful, not only with your money but also with the planet - the more we recycle, upcycle, make do and mend, the better it is for the planet in general.

The Colette Sewing Handbook: 5 Fundamentals for a Great Sewing Experience
The Colette Sewing Handbook: 5 Fundamentals for a Great Sewing Experience
by Sarai Mitnick
Edition: Hardcover-spiral
Price: 11.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Beautiful, 25 Jan 2013
I am not an experienced sewer (although I am not a novice and have made some clothes and a pair of curtains!!) and wanted to rely more on making my own clothes than I previously had (indeed, it was my New Year's Resolution!!). This book is amazing - so beautiful to start with - lovely photo's in soft tones that draw me in to it's pages. It is spiral bound so lies flat so that you can follow it's advice whilst sewing and includes 5 patterns from the Colette range - that alone is worth the price of the book! The styles are simple and classic, although also modern - not fusty or old fashioned - just a real range of items that you really do want to make.

Anyone wanting to upscale their sewing know-how (like me) and get back to making their own clothes but with a more professional finish could do a lot worse than buy this book.

The Principles of Knitting: Methods and Techniques of Hand Knitting
The Principles of Knitting: Methods and Techniques of Hand Knitting
by June Hemmons Hiatt
Price: 20.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Resource, 25 Jan 2013
I'll be honest and say right now that I haven't "read" this book but, to be fair, it isn't the type of book you "read". Itis, in fact, the fattest, thickest book I've seen for many years and absolutely stuffed full of all the knitting methods, cast-on's/off's, stitching advice etc etc etc. It is the most amazing resource for anyone interest in knitting - I am an adventurous, creative knitter whose goal sometimes doesn't tie in neatly with my knowledge (!!) so this is ideal - a real bookshelf book that I can come back to time and time again to make sure I'm getting it right.

A really really experienced knitter may not need an encyclopedic book like this (although I am firmly in the camp that believes we are always learning and should never think we have no further need to educate ourselves) but the beginner (don't be daunted by the size of this book) and the intermediate should find they are using this book for all their knitting questions.

25 Cushions to Knit: Fantastic Cushions for Every Room in Your Home (C&B Crafts)
by Debbie Abrahams
Price: 10.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 6 Jan 2013
I had the pleasure of attending a workshop hosted by this author and fell in love with her designs and approachable style, both in teaching and patterns. On my return home I logged on to Amazon, looking for anything written by her and found this and a throws/blanket book - I have bought both and have not been disappointed by them. Beautiful presentation, clearly written and lovely designs, many of which I am eager to start. If you enjoy knitting then these are for you - a complete beginner may find some of them a little challenging but a more knowledgeable knitting friend would be able to help you over any bumps.

Escape from Furnace 1: Lockdown
Escape from Furnace 1: Lockdown
by Alexander Gordon Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great series, 6 Jan 2013
My son is a prolific reader - this series of books are an excellent addition to his (growing) library of book.

Beats by Dr. Dre (Solo HD) RED Edition On-Ear Headphones - Red
Beats by Dr. Dre (Solo HD) RED Edition On-Ear Headphones - Red
Price: 119.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves them, 6 Jan 2013
These were a request from my son for Christmas. Knowing nothing about such things I referred to reviews here and elsewhere and took the plunge and bought them. He was rarely had them off his head since December 25th!!! They certainly do what they promise to do and whilst there are those who don't like the sound quality or styling, my son is very very happy with them. I think next Christmas may see a request for the wireless Beats!!

A Place of Yes: 10 Rules for Getting Everything You Want Out of Life
A Place of Yes: 10 Rules for Getting Everything You Want Out of Life
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 6 Jan 2013
This book is a gift. You may not like the author and her approach is very frank, maybe blunt but that suits me. I like her "this is how it is" style of writing. I found this book helpful - it sets you thinking about your patterns of behaviour - especially your patterns of thought which then influence how you act and behave.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12