Profile for S. Williams > Reviews

Content by S. Williams

S. Williams "scwilliams16" (Warwickshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Genuine Ford Focus Tailored Car Mats
Genuine Ford Focus Tailored Car Mats
Offered by Vospers Motor House Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it!, 15 Jan. 2015
All four mats fit perfectly and the driver's mat clipped in with no problems. No movement at all from the driver's mat when I'm moving my feet from pedal to pedal. Ford Focus Mk2 Late 2005 reg.

Samsung Original Galaxy S Wireless Bluetooth Action Mouse Compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro - Black
Offered by elevenfirst

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems... just works!, 26 Dec. 2014
Paired up instantly with my Toshiba Chromebook. The little button on the side of the mouse does nothing with the Chromebook but I never expected it to. Works perfectly otherwise.

Toshiba Chromebook 13.3-inch Chromebook (Intel Celeron 2955U 1.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB SSD, Google Chrome OS) - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love it!, 5 Nov. 2014
I bought this about a month ago to replace a very old and tired Windows 7 Starter netbook, which I largely used in my work as a private tutor to open exam papers in PDF form. Now, with this Chromebook, I can not only do that but so much more too.

Setting up the machine was simply a matter of inputting my Google account details and installing some apps. Booting up the machine from cold takes all of 15 seconds (if I can type in my password quick enough!) and I can be working/browsing straight away. It runs silently. Well, I can't hear anything even if I hold it up to my ear.

Battery life is great... I seem to get somewhere between 8 and 10 hours per charge, depending what I use it for. Browsing websites seems noticeably faster too. Games like Angry Birds and Murder Files run smoothly and I can listen to music (Spotify and Google Play Music) without any problems.

Obviously Chromebooks have their limitations... I still need another Windows laptop for Skype, MS Access and Blackboard Collaborate (an online whiteboard) but everything else is possible on the Chromebook. I don't miss using Excel or Word at all. For my needs Google Sheets and Google Docs are both fast and adequate replacements.

Screen quality is fine for my needs, sound isn't great but then again I can always plug a pair of headphones in.

Reading from SD cards, USB flash drives and a Toshiba external HDD is no problem and is especially quick with the USB 3.0 ports. The Logitech wireless mouse I have works fine, but I will be replacing it with a Bluetooth one as the Logitech takes up a USB port.

It does look a bit like a MacBook Air. Would I swap it for a MacBook Air? Yes, but I'd then sell the Air and buy another Toshiba Chromebook (and make a tidy profit!). Highly, highly recommended!!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2014 7:16 AM GMT

Logitech OEM PC 960 USB Stereo Headset
Logitech OEM PC 960 USB Stereo Headset
Offered by NORDPC

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item. Works perfectly. Very comfortable., 5 Nov. 2014
Excellent piece of kit. Installed itself easily enough on my aging Windoze 7 laptops and worked perfectly immediately with my Chromebook. Makes a world of difference to Skype call quality. Microphone is easily adjustable, as is the headphone band over the top of my head. It's comfortable enough to wear for 1.5hrs solid too. The mute button is a nice touch too in case of coughing/sneezing fits!

GCSE Mathematics Revision and Practice: Higher Student Book (Gcse Maths Revision and Practi)
by David Rayner

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it!, 7 Oct. 2014
Another excellent book from David Rayner... don't bother with Revision Guides. Just buy this as it has vastly more material in it and it contains some nice functional skills problems. Buy it!

Pure Mathematics C3 C4
Pure Mathematics C3 C4
by David Rayner

5.0 out of 5 stars Would definitely recommend for all A2 students., 7 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Pure Mathematics C3 C4 (Paperback)
Excellent book. I am a professional maths tutor and I use a few of David Rayner's books in my work. His explanations are nice and clear and the questions numerous and challenging to varying degrees.

amCase 13.3-inch Laptop Case/Sleeve for Samsung Chromebook 2 /Macbook Air/Pro Retina Display /Toshiba Chromebook /Lenovo Yoga13 /ATIV Book 9 /Ultrabooks (Black) Protective Neoprene Cushion with Handle
Offered by TechMatte UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased., 7 Oct. 2014
Great case. Very slim and fits the Toshiba Chromebook very snuggly. The handles are nice in the sense that they velcro together at the top.

QUMOX 64GB SD XC 64 GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-I Secure Digital Memory Card HighSpeed Write:40MB/s Read: 80MB/s
Offered by Sunwood-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations!, 25 Sept. 2014
Bit skeptical of a 64GB SDXC card for less than £15 and when it arrived with minimal packaging it didn't inspire confidence. However, my laptop recognised it straight away with 59.8GB of available space. I transferred several GB of data to it with no problems and then copied that data to another machine... again no issues. Hopefully it will continue to perform well...

A-Level Maths for AQA - Decision Maths 1: Student Book
A-Level Maths for AQA - Decision Maths 1: Student Book
by CGP Books

3.0 out of 5 stars S'ok, 4 July 2014
AQA need to take a look at Edexcel's books for how A-level maths textbooks should be written.

PestBye Battery Operated Cat Repeller - Ultrasonic Cat Scarer
PestBye Battery Operated Cat Repeller - Ultrasonic Cat Scarer

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work., 4 July 2014
A few months in and I have tried it on various settings and still next door's cat has free reign over our garden. Avoid!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3